Cherry blossoms

A short story inspired by the new event currently going on and a dream I had after finishing the event, so there might be some spoilers if you haven't played. It's mainly just you in this story.

(Also some slight sadness)

After the cherry blossom petal along with the soul of a heartbroken princess returned to their home, the brothers decided to take a well-deserved break. They all broke out some food and drinks, excited to party, even Lucifer was looking forward to it.

The twins were sitting together, Belphie laying his head on Beel's lap while Beel was wolfing down on food. Asmo and Levi were off taking tons of pictures of the cherry blossoms, and Satan was trying to read a book while Lucifer was yelling at Mammon for trying to take another petal from the tree. You sat by the biggest tree, smiling at the chaotic brothers you consider family.

You started thinking about the dream you all shared and how they all confessed that they love and care about you. It lead you into thinking if you were even good enough to deserve their love. You then heard some rustling behind the tree. Curious, you went to go and investigate the source of the noise.

It was the princess...seems like she still had some unfinished business. You were a bit startled at first but then bowed to show your respect for her. She smiled and signaled for you to stand up straight. Even though she didn't say anything, you had a feeling her unfinished business was with you.

"H-hello, princess...I suppose you want to talk with me?" You sheepishly asked.

She again didn't say anything but you knew that you were right. Instead, she sat by the tree and patted a spot next to her. You awkwardly sat down. She was quite beautiful with her long black hair and warm eyes. When the sunlight poked through the leaves she looked almost transparent. She was gorgeous nonetheless. You suddenly felt like you could tell her anything... like she was a lifelong friend.

"I'm really happy that the brothers care about me...but do I really deserve it?" You frowned. She silently listened as she gathered some fallen blossoms.

"I mean...I always do my best to be there for them when they need it but what if it's not enough? What if one day they decide that I'm no longer of help to them?" You hugged your knees.

"I know it's crazy to think about, but it's always there in the back of my head. I love every single one of them so much, I'm just afraid one day I'm going to lose it all..." You sighed.

"W-what if after I go back to the human world, they just forget about me...?" You murmured.

The princess's hand lifted your chin, the phantom touch sent a sense of calm washing over you. She brought a flower crown up to your face with a smile. You then realized she made the crown while you were venting to her. She gracefully put the crown on your head.

Her cherry red lips never moved, but you knew she was talking to you. It was like a faint voice inside your head. Her voice was so calming, like a lullaby.

"I guess you're right...I do really have to clear my head. Don't be sad because it's over, be happy because it happened, right?" You said.

"That sounds a bit cheesy, doesn't it?" You giggled. She smiled and shook her head.

"Yeah...I'll try not to let those thoughts bother me too much. We're still going to be a family even when I head back and they love me for myself...I guess I just needed the reassurance." You smiled softly. She nodded her head.

"Thank you, princess..." You said.

"Oi! What're ya doin over there? C'mon, we're all gonna take a photo together!" Mammon shouted from the other side.

"I'll be there in a moment!" You said.

When you turned to see the princess, she was gone. In her place were some sakura seeds, her final gift to you. You picked them up and silently thanked her again before quickly heading over to the brothers.

"Oh! That crown looks so cute on you!" Asmo gasped.

"Hm? Oh..thanks." You chuckled.

"Can you make one for me?" Asmo asked excitedly.

"C-can you make me one too?" Levi stuttered.

"Hey if you two are getting one I should too!" Mammon stomped.

"Hehe, I'll make one for all of you. Even you, Lucifer." You said.

"Fine...only because I'm in a good mood." Lucifer sighed.

"Now come on, let's take this picture before I change my mind." Lucifer said. Everyone gathered around and smiled. Everything felt so peaceful and genuine it was almost like another dream.

"Everyone say cheese!"

Afterward, you all sat down together as you taught them how to make flower crowns with the blossoms. Even though you had to tell Beel off for trying to eat the flowers, everyone seemed to be having fun and laughing.

This, you thought, was definitely a day to remember.

⁽ᵂᵒʷ ⁿᵉʷ ᵒⁿᵉ⁻ˢʰᵒᵗˢ ᵗʷᵒ ᵈᵃʸˢ ᶦⁿ ᵃ ʳᵒʷˀ ᴵ'ᵐ ᵒⁿ ᶠᶦʳᵉ⁾