Burden pt. 2

A/n: See I told you it was coming super soon-

(Also spoilers for lessons 16+)

⁽ᴿᵉᵠᵘᵉˢᵗᵉᵈ ᵇʸ @ᵒᵇᵉʸᵐᵉᵃⁿᶦᵐᵉᶦˢˡᶦᶠᵉ ⁾

The place you found was a quaint cottage by a lake. It was nice and discreet, the perfect getaway. The owner of the cottage was an old lady, who was kind enough to take you in for a while.

"Thanks again for letting me stay here, Miss Velia...I really appreciate it." You smiled.

"Oh, no need to thank me, dear...I'm honored to have you here. It's not every day a demon gets to be around a human." She said.

"If you don't mind me asking when was the last time you saw a human?" You asked.

"Oh...that takes me so back. I used to be quite the troublemaker, you know. Why don't I tell you over some tea? I brewed it myself." She chuckled.

She went on to tell you about the many adventures she had whenever she snuck out of Devildom. The warmth she brought you was enough to put you at ease. Maybe things wouldn't be too bad after all.

"Wait, wait, wait...so the guards almost found out you were a demon until what?" You looked so astonished.

"Until the princess herself jumped in front of me, claiming that I was the love of her life. They were ordered to never lay a finger on me, demon or not. But I couldn't care less, just hearing her say that she loved me out loud brought me so much joy..." Velia smiled.

"You know...she's the one that helped me make this cottage. And not a day goes by that I don't think of her..." She said, reminiscing on her glory days.

"Wow...so you really loved her..." Your eyes sparkled with excitement.

"Of course I did...we always did everything together. But enough about me. What about you, dear? Is there someone in your life that you would do anything for?" She asked.

"Y-umm...I don't know anymore." You frowned. She asked you what was troubling you and you told her everything, unable to keep it all in.

"And...now they won't talk to me. I tried apologizing but I feel like that just made things worse." You admitted.

"Oh love, don't think of it like that...if they care about you just as much as you care about them, they'll come running to find you. Just you wait." She reassured you.

"Thank you...I really needed this." You teared up.

"I think the both of us really needed someone to talk to...didn't we?" She smiled.

Things actually seemed to be looking up for you. After school, you would help around the house and in turn, she would tell you one of her many stories as an adventurer. You still missed the boys and their banters, but you knew this was for the better. Things right now felt nice...

But for the brothers, on the other hand, things just didn't feel right. With every hour they spent ignoring you, the more empty they felt. Doing things they would normally do with you just didn't feel right. Guilt slowly started dragging them down. And Lucifer felt it the most.

Though he never showed it, he felt awful for snapping at you. He knew you didn't know any better, but just thinking about the war brought back painful memories. It didn't help that his pride wouldn't let him apologize so easily.

Lucifer was in his study doing paperwork as usual and left the window open to let the cool night air in. A breeze scattered some papers and pens that were on the coffee table and somehow hit the record player beside it, playing a familiar tune.