Liar - Mammon

Note: a lot of angst and like super dramatic so if you don't like stuff like this I'm gonna make some fluffy/lighter one-shots soon

"Hey, guys? Have you seen my ring? I can't seem to find it anywhere." You said frowning. The brothers all looked up from what they were doing.

"Oh, is it the one you always wear?" Asmo asked.

"Yeah, the gold one. I took it off before I showered and know I can't find it." You sighed.

"We'll help you look for it, don't worry Y/n." Satan said closing his book.

"Thanks, I really appreciate it." You said with a sort of relieved smile.

"Asmo and I will check the bathrooms" Satan said before they got up and left.

"Beel and I will check the living room." Belphie said.

"And the kitchen" Beel added. You chuckled.

"Then I'll take Levi with me and we'll go check the library." Lucifer said. Levi sighed.

"You're lucky I care for you, normie." Levi sighed as he paused his game. You thanked him as he left the room, looking like a blushing blob. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Mammon walking away.

"Babe?" You said. He froze in place.

"Y-yeah?" He said sort of anxious. You furrowed your brow.

"Can you help me look for it in my room?" You asked.

"Y-yeah. Of- Of course, the great Mammon will help!" He said, with a nervous grin. You looked at him confused.

"Are you okay Mammon?" You asked.

"Wh-why wouldn't I be? C'mon, let's go." He said as he quickly left the room, heading to your room. You were even more puzzled.

You both searched in every corner of the room but still couldn't find your ring. You racked your brain, trying to remember where you left it.

"Ugh, there's no use. It's not here." You sighed in defeat. You plopped onto your bed.

"So it's that gold one with the little designs carved into it, right? W-what's so important about that ring? Just askin." Mammon mumbled as he looked around your closet.

"Oh, didn't I tell you before? It's a birthday gift from someone dear to me. It was originally theirs, but they gave it to me since they knew I loved it so much." You said as you smiled fondly.

"I'd feel so bad if I lost it." You frowned. Mammon stayed quiet.

"O-Oh r-really? That's...that's uh..." Mammon was sweating nervously again. Your suspicions grew. There was a pit in your stomach as you hoped what you thought of wasn't true.

"Babe? Did you by any chance take it?" You asked quietly, hoping you were wrong. He stayed quiet for too long.

"You did, didn't you?" You said, trying to calm down. Mammon gulped.

"I-I uh..."

You felt your heart sink. You knew right away he took it.

"I can't believe you." You grumbled. You tried leaving your room, but Mammon grabbed onto your wrist.

"W-wait, baby! I didn't know it was yours! I'll get it back-"

"Get it back?!" You snapped. Mammon quietly gasped. He's never seen you this upset before. Hot angry tears fell down your face.

"Why would you do that? I thought you just hid it as a joke..." You quietly cried. "Is money really that important to you?"

"I didn't know it was yours I'm sorry-"