Jasmine - Satan

A/n: Inspired by "The Fruits of Inquiry" card so there's gonna be spoilers
(which is why it's called Jasmine there's no one in the shot called that-)

➶➶➶➶➶ . ➷➷➷➷➷

"Let's see...I have my notebook, magnifying glass...all I need now is..." Satan heard footsteps coming from the stairs.

He knew exactly by how it sounded that you were the one bounding down the stairs.

"...Y/n. How convenient." Satan said to himself.

"Y/n! Do you have a moment?" He waved at you.

"Yeah, what's up? Are you going on a hike or something?" You asked.

"Not exactly. I've realized that I've been so absorbed in my books and such that I haven't experienced nature for what it is." Satan explained.

"Reading about it is one thing but experiencing it for yourself is something completely different, right?" You said.

"Precisely! So I'm going out for a bit to explore the forest. So I was going to ask you...would you care to join me?" Satan's cheeks were dusted a light pink.

"I'd love to! Let me go get my stuff." You

"Wonderful. I'll wait for you here then. And make sure to wear something with long sleeves, you don't want any insects to bite you." Satan said.

"Haha, okay I will." You laughed.

Satan could be so protective and worried about you it was funny at times. Just the other day he scolded you a bit for wandering off while buying groceries for dinner. You had to hold his hand the rest of the time you were out.

After gathering all your things, you went out with Satan, hand in hand as he talked about how excited he was to go venture out with you.

"We could start with the insects and plants we already know. Or maybe we can find some plants you don't know about and I can teach you! Oh! Or we can try discovering something that doesn't exist!" Satan beamed.

"What? How can you do that..?" You asked.

"Well, here in Devildom insects are weirder than you think. Some insects have the ability to fuse with other living life forms and inherit their attributes. Technically meaning, we can find something that didn't exist before." Satan explained.

"Woah...that's so cool!" You said.

Satan smiled at your excitement. He usually wasn't able to have someone share the same enthusiasm as he did. His brothers would either be too busy, uninterested or flat out confused whenever Satan tried to talk to them about whatever interested him.

But you were different. It warmed his heart that he was able to talk to you about anything. He squeezed your hand a bit as he continued to explain to you the evolutionary wonders of Devildom and how many plants he was hoping to find.

While exploring the woods, Satan ran around with such excitement it was almost like he turned into a little kid. He would bring you back a bunch of plants, flowers, rocks, and the occasional mushroom.

"Look at this Y/n! It's a rare vlava beetle! They change color depending on their surroundings, which is why you hardly ever see them. We're quite lucky, aren't we?" Satan grinned.