Promise - Lucifer

A really old one-shot I made ages ago and never posted, mainly because it was super long and I don't really know how to write 'angst'. But after a lot of debating whether or not I should post it I ultimately just said "fuck it". Pls let me know if y'all like it :))

«———————————»

You messed up. You know you messed up big time. You got into a fight with two demons who were picking on Luke. You snapped when they pushed him to the ground, so you had to intervene.

You tried talking with them first, but unfortunately, that didn't seem like a viable option. You only got a couple of scrapes, bruises, and a cut on your cheek. It wasn't anything you couldn't handle. What you were more worried about was how Lucifer was gonna react.

You anxiously waited for him in the school's infirmary as the nurse finished patching you up. The door suddenly opened, and there Lucifer was with all his glory.

"Is everything alright?" Lucifer asked the nurse.

"Yes...Y/n only suffered some scrapes and bruises, nothing major and should be better in a few days." The nurse explained politely.

"Thank you. I'll have to talk with them now." Lucifer said. He clearly wasn't happy with you as he shot you a glare. You gulped. You both left the infirmary in silence. The hallways were empty, leaving you and Lucifer the only ones there.

"Lucifer I-"

"Don't. Just don't. Do you know how much trouble you've caused me?" He huffed.

"This is the third time this week you've gotten into a fight. Honestly, this is getting quite tedious, don't you think?" Lucifer sighed.

"Lucifer if you'd just let me explain-" You tried again.

"Explain what? That it was an accident? You could've gotten severely injured." He said

"But I didn't! I-"

"This time! You know humans are significantly weaker than demons. Seriously, you're worst than Mammon sometimes." He went on. You stopped in your tracks. Did he really say that?

"What did you say?" You asked in disbelief. He turned around and rolled his eyes.

"Don't be stupid, Y/n." He spat

"You're. A. Human. Demons are much stronger than you. You can't just start fighting them for any little thing that upsets you." He huffed.

"Now let's go." Lucifer gripped your wrist tightly.

"Lucifer can you give me a chance to talk?" You said, refusing to move. His grip grew tighter. You cringed in pain.

"Don't you think you've done enough? I had to talk to Diavolo about your little 'incident' for hours and apologize to those demons you've injured. How you left them is enough of an answer for me." He growled.

"Lucifer I didn't mean any trouble, just listen to me!"

He snapped and gripped both of your arms tightly, causing you to wince in pain. You can see the anger growing in his eyes.

"Didn't mean any trouble?! All you ever do is cause trouble! You're a pain for all of us to deal with! Not to mention you're always bothering me and sticking your nose in places it doesn't belong!" He yelled.

"My life would be so much better if you never arrived in the first place!" He spat. As soon as that came out of his mouth, he immediately regretted it.

Your eyes widened in fear for a second. It pained you to know Lucifer didn't care for you as much as you thought he did.

"Lucifer let me go..." You said, trying your best to not cry from the pain.