Burn - Solomon

Fun fact after watching a criminal minds episode with a house fire and I think there was a burn victim in it I got really anxious and cried. Why? I dunno, but it scared me a lot so this is me projecting a bit of that fear or fire and burns here

I'm also going to be explaining future posts at the end of the one-shot so pls stick til the end.

As Solomon's apprentice, you had to follow him around quite a bit, learning how to cast spells and break curses. Today was no exception. Solomon decided to teach you how to control fire and how to make it from the palm of your hands. It was quite nerve-wracking for you.

"First thing we're going to try is controlling this candle, okay?" He said as he lit the candle.

"There's no magic on it. It's just a simple candle you can buy at the store." He said with a smile.

"Um...so I just have to control the flame? And is it okay to do it in your kitchen?" You asked him.

"Yes to both of those questions. Now let me show you how we'll start." He then looked at the flame with concentration. It suddenly started moving to the left, then the right and started flickering quickly. He was signaling in morse code.

"Did you just say 'hi' using the flames?" You said completely astonished.

"Impressive, right? Now it's your turn. You need to really focus your energy on moving the flame, but remember that you can't play with fire." Solomon said.

You hated whenever he got all mysterious and convoluting. But putting that aside, you cleared your mind and tried to focus on moving the flame to the right.

"Pfft...you look like you need to go to the bathroom." He snickered.

"Shut up!" You covered your face from embarrassment. The candle started flickering like crazy.

"Hey, you're doing it!" Solomon said.

You looked up and saw it flickering just before it went back to normal. You looked at Solomon excitedly.

"Not bad for your first time." He said, looking impressed.

You high-fived excitedly, not realizing you intertwined your fingers with his. You blushed and let go of his hand, avoiding his gaze a bit. Solomon looked at you curiously. You both quickly brushed it off, acting like it never happened.

"Okay, I need you to try this for a little longer until you can fully control the fire." Solomon explained. You nodded and followed his instructions, quickly getting the hang of it.

"Seems like you've got it. Now, I'm going to take the flame, and I want you to try the same." He said.

You watched attentively as Solomon gently put his fingers on the flame, pinching it and lifting it off the candlewick. He then carefully relaxed his fingers, the flame moved to his palm and it grew bigger, but it didn't burn him or get out of control. You looked at it nervously. Something about the bright light growing bigger made you feel uneasy. The unpredictable nature of it made you feel more anxious.

He then closed his palm, making the flame smaller until it was just dancing on his index finger. He relit the candle with the small flame.

"Now you try, just remember to focus your energy on the fire or you'll get burned. Don't break your concentration." He said seriously.

"I think I can do that..." You said softly.

You took a deep breath and very carefully pinched the fire with your fingers. You thankfully didn't feel any pain and were able to pick up the flame and gently guided it to your fingertip. You then opened your palm, the flame slid down to your palm and grew a bit.