Nightmares - Belphie

TW: Some blood and gore :<

"Thanks for hanging out with me Y/n...you didn't have to." Belphie said as he laid his head on your lap.

"What are you talking about? I love hanging out with you." You said as you ran your hand through his hair. Belphie smiled softly.

"It's always nice to get away from my annoying brothers." Belphie said sleepily. He suddenly felt like he could say anything to you.

"Y/n...I really like being with you. I wish we can be together forever..." Belphie sighed. "You're so nice and warm. I love you." He closed his eyes

"I love you too...I just wish I could've stayed longer..." You said as tears fell from your eyes. Belphie's eyebrows furrowed. He felt something drip onto his face. He opened his eyes, horrified to see you crying and bleeding out. He got up quickly from your lap.

"Y-Y/n?" Belphie said shaking.

"I wish you would've listened to me." You said as you bled out more. Was he having a nightmare? This has to be it right? The room got darker.

"I trusted you Belphegor. Why didn't you trust me?" You sobbed. Belphie somehow shifted to his demon form, he didn't want to though. He couldn't control his body. His tail wrapped around your neck, choking you.

"Wait...no! This isn't- Y/n, I don't-" Belphie said freaking out. He desperately tried to help you.

"B-Belphie...please...I trusted you. No...you tricked me." You choked out your eyes full of pain. Belphie couldn't stop no matter how hard he tried.

"Wh-what?! No! Y/n, I'm sorry! This isn't me, I-I can't..." He looked terrified as you coughed up blood.

"I guess I deserve it don't I? It's my fault for believing you." You croaked. Belphie's eyes widened in surprise. He felt a wave of guilt and shame start to drown him.

"Y-You don't! It's my fault! I was wrong, so so wrong! I was the one that messed up!" He cried out. Why was he doing this?

"It's okay...I deserve it. I just wish I got to know you better..." You managed to smile. He can see the life fade from your eyes. He shook in fear as he saw you fall to the floor, his tail finally letting go of you. He held your body close to his.

"I'm sorry...Y/n, I'm so sorry...I messed up...please" He cried. With what little strength you had left, you moved his bangs away from his eyes. His eyes filled with tears. 

"You have beautiful eyes...I'm glad that's the last thing I see..." You said quietly. Belphie couldn't stop shaking, guilt took over his body. 

"No...no no no no please! Y/n, please don't die! I-I love you! I'm sorry, please don't leave me!" He cried.

"Just wake up Belphie..." You said before the light left your eyes completely.

"H-huh?" Belphie stuttered. Your voice echoed through the attic, telling him to wake up over and over again. He squeezed his eyes shut, begging for you not to leave him.

"Belphie wake up!"

He quickly sat up, breathing heavily. He looked around realizing he was still in the attic.

"Belphie?"

His eyes snapped to who was calling him. He saw you by his side, looking a little startled. He tried piecing together what happened. He barely realized he was still in his demon form.

"I-I'm sorry Belphie, I know you don't like someone waking you up from your nap but-ah!" Belphie scrambled to you and engulfed you in a hug. He hugged you tightly, not wanting to let you go. He nuzzled his face on the crook of your neck and took in your sweet scent.

"You're okay..." He sighed. You hugged him back. You laughed a bit, noticing his tail wagging.

"Why wouldn't I be? Did you have a nightmare?"

Belphie just nodded.

"It's okay, Belphie. You don't have to tell me about it." You said softly. Belphie chuckled, calming down and reverting to his normal form.

"You trust me, right?" Belphie asked as he looked at you. You looked at him with confusion.

"W-what do you mean?" You asked him. He looked at you with sad eyes.

"I said what I mean. Do you trust me? I get it if you don't, I was really mean to you when we first met. I get it if you're just being nice to me because of my brothers..." He said letting you go. You grabbed his hands. He looked at you surprised.

"Where's this coming from? Of course I trust you, and I'm not saying that just because. I knew you weren't bad Bel, just a bit misunderstood." You said, almost hurt by his words.

"I wanted to help you and get to know you better." You said. You embraced him again.

"Belphie, I don't know what you dreamt of, but I promise you that it wasn't real. I'm here, I'm okay, and I trust you without a doubt. I love you too much to see you hurt." You said. Belphie stayed quiet.

"You love me?" He asked quietly.

"Did I not it make obvious?" You said with a laugh. Belphie smiled and hugged you back.

"I love you too. I'm really, really sorry I hurt you...I promise I'm going to protect you this time." Belphie said.

"I forgave you a long time ago, silly. Now c'mon, dinner's ready and you know if we're not there on time Beel's not gonna leave us anything." You said, cupping his cheek with your hand. He smiled and kissed it.

"If you ever have a nightmare again, you can always come to my room." You said smiling.

"Then can I sleep with you tonight?" Belphie asked. You blushed a bit and nodded. You got up and took Belphie's hand in yours.

"Let's go, I'm sure you're hungry." You said. He gave you a soft smile.

"Oh and Y/n?" He said. You turned around to face him. He kissed your lips gently and grabbed your waist, pulling you closer. You happily kissed back.

"Thanks for being there for me. And fixing my family." Belphie said after he broke the kiss.

"Anything for you." You said with a smile. He grinned and held your hand again as you both headed down to eat dinner with the rest of the brothers. Soon that nightmare felt like nothing as he held you, content he could protect you and that you'd do the same.

Content that you were his.