Kuroo Tetsurou [Different]

Prompt: Demigod

Part two!

*****

Kuroo hated monsters with all his might.

First obvious reason was how they kept trying to kill him. He wasn't even the son of one of the Big Three, yet more than Kazuya ever would, he kept being their target. It was a pain to outrun and defeat them in a place no mortal could see, Kuroo couldn't control mist and would rather live his life without others thinking he was crazy fighting air. He hate it even more if a monster tried to attack him while he was out with his friends, because not only now he had to fight for his life, he had to make sure that whoever was with him was safe and unharmed.

Second, was the dust. Every time he managed to kill a monster, they'll turn into gold dust, it's like a pixie dust you see on fairy-themed cartoon but less magical and grosser than he thought it would be. The dust would stuck on his clothes and hair, and while mortal couldn't see them, it was a pain to get rid of. Yaku and Kai had caught him shaking his head like crazy a few times after he fought a monster within the school grounds. Kai had expressed genuine confusion every time he saw that, but Yaku outright called him an idiot for shaking his head like chicken.

Third, and most important of all, was how he couldn't properly explain the damage after the fight.

Kuroo stared at the now destroyed tree on the garden of Shinzen High School, broke into two after Kuroo jumped into the air and used his weight to kick a monster to the tree before stabbing it with a piece of Celestial Bronze he brought with him everywhere.

Deciding that playing dumb was the best option, he turned around and tried to walk away, only to stop when his eyes caught a middle aged, salt and pepper haired man standing not far from him.

"To what do I owe the pleasure?" Kuroo wondered if the others could see the man in front of him, but knowing who the man really was, he doubt it. "It's rare for you to come down here and meet me, Lord Hermes."

Hermes laughed. He sat down on the grass, motioning Kuroo to do the same. "Don't be so stiff, I'm your father."

"Who pretty much absent for my whole lives unless you want something," Kuroo replied, "Whatever it is, I hope that it can wait. As you can see I'm trying to make the most of my last year of high school."

"You did great defeating the monster," Kuroo sighed at the change of topic, "too bad he might not be able to do the same."

"He? Are you talking about Kazuya?"

Hermes shook his head, "No, another child of a God has been found. To be honest, I am quite surprised my uncle could hide him this long."

Kuroo raised his eyebrow. "What's his name?"

"Tachibana Makoto," Hermes said, "son of Poseidon."

His body turned cold. Son of Big Three, in Japan, the one country that was literally on the other side of the world from Mount Olympus. Both he and Kazuya had enough trouble being children of an Olympian with no proper safe haven, he didn't want to imagine the things Tachibana Makoto endured.

"How is he?"

Hermes shrugged. "Fine. He didn't know about his status as a demigod, and lived his whole live in a rural town surrounded by water. Monster never attack him in public and the boy seemed to accidentally defeat them without him knowing."

Kuroo whistled, "That's amazing."

"He sure is."

"So," he asked, "what do you want me to do?"

Hermes turned to him, smiling, "I'm sure you know what to do, Tetsurou. He's currently in Tokyo for a swimming competition, and the monsters in Tokyo are certainly way more aggressive and a lot more than the boy ever encountered on his hometown."

"So you want me to be his babysitter?" Kuroo deadpanned.

Hermes laughed. "No, no, no. But don't you think he could get some help?"

Kuroo sighed at his father. His mind started to think of various reasons to use to get a permission to leave the training camp for a day tomorrow. He wondered would Miyuki be free.

"Fine," he finally said, "I'll see what I can do."

Hermes smiled and patted his back, "That's all I ask."

*****

"He's pretty good."

The next day, Miyuki stood beside him. The two of them were currently watching a swimming competition in Tokyo, focusing entirely on a backstroke swimmer currently on the pool.

"Of course he is," Kuroo replied, "considering who is father is."

"So he really doesn't know?" Miyuki asked as they saw Tachibana Makoto reached the end of the pool and another swimmer dove in.

Kuroo nodded his head in confirmation, and Miyuki hummed to himself. "Make sense," he said, "he's fast, but not as fast as a child of Poseidon should be."

"Maybe because he doesn't understand?" Kuroo commented, "Would probably turn different if he knows."

"Yeah." Miyuki replied. "So, what are you going to do about it?"

"I don't know. What do you?"

Miyuki glared at him. "You brought me here as soon as I finished my match, you better know what we're doing after this."

Behind them, the crowd cheered louder. The two of the looked at the score board, Tachibana Makoto's team placed 6th.

Kuroo turned to Miyuki. "I mean," he said, "having another friend would be nice."

"Bonding over monster attacks and crazy life?" Miyuki grinned.

Kuroo grinned back, "Bonding over monster attacks and crazy life it is."

The announcer announced the winner once again, calling them to the podium to receive the medal. Kuroo and Miyuki shared a look, before looking at Tachibana Makoto once again.

"Come on," Kuroo said, "let's give the new kid a warm welcome."