Miyuki Kazuya -First-

Prompt: Dinner

-------------

“You’re not going home?” Kuramochi looked up from his phone; he just called his mom about his plans to go home on New Year break. “You’re dad gonna be sad.”

“Shut up,” Miyuki answered, eyes still on the television, “It’s not like we’re close enough for him to feel sad about it. I told him I'm not going and he's fine about it."

Kuramochi looked away from his former captain. Back then, when they were in Seido, the dorms always closed when it’s New Year break. But after the male graduated from the school and rented an apartment with him between their collages, he has the right to stay here whenever he wants.

“He’s your father. At least cheer him up after 365 days of working.”

Miyuki paused the video, he glared at Kuramochi. “Can you just mind your own business?”

“No,” the answer came within a second. “I’ve known you long enough to know when you are lying. Go call your dad that you’re coming home this year.”

Kuramochi was right. They spent 3 years of high school stuck in the same string and class together, don’t forget about those nights where Kuramochi and the others barged to Miyuki’s room to play around, calling it as a ‘team bonding’. And they also spent a year of collage together in the same apartment, which make it 4 years in total. And knowing how perspective Kuramochi is, Miyuki hated it when the male was right. He hated it how easily Kuramochi looked behind those barriers he built long ago.

“So? Are you going to move your ass or not?”

Miyuki groaned, okay, he did want to see his dad. The catcher stood up and unplugs his phone from its charger, unlock the phone and then search for his dad contact. He typed the words he wanted to say but took a moment of good look before hit the sending button

* * * * *

He didn't expect that coming. When his son said he's not coming home this year, he did felt a little sad. But still, he didn't expect Kazuya changing his mind.

The owner of 'Miyuki Steel' leave his work and coworkers alone to head upstairs to his house. He took of his shoes and cap, washing his hands before opening the fridge to see what's inside.

Their fridge is different this year, different from the years before. Usually, it only consists of cans of beer and miso soup. But this year it consists of different kind of ingredients. Vegetable, meat, fruits, you can name everything and find it here.

Miyuki Toku sighed. "What am I gonna do with this?"

Shaking his head, he stood up and poked his head to the workers. "I'm leaving that to you all. I have something else to do." His workers nodded in agreement.

Okay, now Laptop where are you? He needs to search something.

* * * * *

When Miyuki arrived at his house two days later, he was suprised. His dad's steel factory was closed and he could hear some sound from his house. He couldn't recognize it, but he was sure he heard some sound.

He shook his head, making his way upstairs, not bothering to knock the door and just open it. He said his greeting, putting his bag down and expecting his dad doing something other than this.

Other than cooking in the kitchen.

"Dad?"

"Ah, you're here." Miyuki Toku looked up from the stove, he let a smile slipped to his son. "Welcome."

Kazuya frozen, his muscles doesn't want to move. "What are you doing?" He laughed, running his hands on his hair. "I can cook as always."

The older male took the meal from the stove, after he turned it off, and put it on the table, Kazuya realized that he made dishes other than that. "Sometimes you need a break." He took of his apron and put it aside and took a seat. "At least when you're home, take a break."

Kazuya made his way to the dining table, taking a seat across his father. "I'm fine."

"No, you're not. Everyone needs a break."

"I'm fine, really," Kazuya took some of the meal, following his dad's movement. "The practice is hard but I'm better than Kuramochi since most of my time are used to discuss with the Coach and Captain. Different with Kuramochi who has to run around like crazy." He laughed at the end.

His dad took the words no mind, watching as his son took a spoonful of the meal. "Is this your first time cooking?"

"No," he answered, "But this is the first time you taste it."

"I knew it."

The Catcher open his mouth, directing the food to his mouth. He closed his mouth once the food was inside, chewing it and swallowing it before the took another spoon and do the same.

"How is it?" Miyuki-san stay still, he hasn't move after his son took the spoon.

"Pfftt-," Kazuya chuckled, he tried his best not to laugh. "You forgot to add some salt! This is really sweet." The Catcher smiled from the bottom of his heart.

Miyuki-san smiled back. It doesn't matter how it tastes. All that matter now is in front of him. It's been a long time since he saw Kazuya smiled like that after all. Yeah, it's been a long time, I think this is the first time after that accident happen.

The next time Kazuya met Kuramochi, the Shortstop thought he needs to call some doctor since his friend was smiling too much.