Makoto Tachibana -Birthday-

Prompt: Birthday

----------

Retiring from the swim club after summer gave something else for Makoto other than memories. He got free time, a lot of it until he could believe someone would die from boredness.

The ex-captain sighed deeply, listening to the teacher all day long wasn't his favorite thing to do for the rest of his highschool.

"And so, make it easier, you can use this formula. But I guess if you want the hard one you can-"

His teacher voice disappeared. Not literally disappeared, Makoto just couldn't focus anymore.

He tore his gaze away from the teacher, looking at the swimming pool that belongs to none other than the swimming club. Ah, he missed swimming there.

"Tachibana-kun, are you with us?"

Makoto snapped from his thought, blushing when he realized that everyone was looking at him.

"I hope my lesson doesn't bother you to death, Tachibana-kun." The teacher said again, Makoto could swore that he felt the death glare they sent him for not paying attention.

"I'm sorry..."

* * * * *

The next day was Thursday, and Makoto stopped his tracks as soon as he saw Nagisa and Rei holding a very big bag, walking to the swimming club's room.

"What are they doing?" He asked, turning to Haru who looked away.

"Who knows."

Haru walked ahead him, Makoto shook his head and ran after him.

"Haru, wait!"

The rest of the day was similar with their daily life. Listening to the teachers for hours and do some work. Up until the lunch time arrived, Makoto was still confused at what did Nagisa and Rei brought this morning. It wasn't Iwatobi or Samezuka's mascot costume, right? They will get into a problem if its really one of those costumes and Makoto doesn't want it happen.

Makoto sighed again, the teacher was reviewing some materials they should remember for their upcoming tests. He could feel himself getting unmotivated to study.

Ah, no no no! What are you talking about? He must study! He has dream to chase and he won't let it slip away just because a certain teacher decided to be boring! He wants to be a swimming coach and there are lots of children waiting to be teached by him. He can't make them wait for too long! Okay, Tachibana Makoto, clear your mind and pay attention to the class!

Or so he thought.

As soon as he was ready to study again, the bell rang, a single signal that everyone can pack their stuff and go home. Makoto did the same. He packed his stuff and was ready to get home when he realized Haru wasn't moving from hos chair. His blue eyes were fixed to the place where the swimming club lies, Makoto's olive orbs followed him.

Far from their classroom, they could see Nagisa, Rei, and Gou waving their arms, looking at them with a smile. Behind them was the swimming pool, sparkled by the help of the sun. Makoto smiled at how pink it was.

Wait, what? Pink?

"Pink?!?" Makoto almost screamed, looking at Haru, "Why is the water colored pink?"

"Who knows?" Haru answered, "Go find the answer by yourself. Makoto didn't spare anytime after that, running at full speed towards them. Haru smiled when he saw Makoto ran, opening his phone and opened a number.

'Get ready.'

Was all he sent before stood up and took his bag. He's
going there, too.

* * * * *

"Nagisa! Rei!" The ex-Captain lost his breath when he arrived, looking left and right to find the three culprits who colored the pool pink.

Makoto took a look of the pool, his emotions changed when he was so close to it.

"Mako-chan!"

A voice, that belongs to Nagisa, made the olive boy turned around, ready to lecture the younger male when the said male pushed him to the water.

Makoto almost got a panic attack, but he quickly regained himself and went to the surface. He looked around him and realized that the pink color from the pool actually belongs to the pink marbles.

"Do you like it? It was hard for me and Rei-chan to bring it here, you know!" Oh, that's why he saw them carrying a large bag this morning.

"Why?"

Nagisa smiled as a response, he looked at his left side and Makoto did the same.

In front of the door that separates the pool and the changing room, Rei, Rin, Haru, Momo, Sousuke, and Nitori stood. All of them were smiling at him. Haru walked to the pool, holding the need of throw his uniform and get to the pool, he smiled as he showed a birthday cake to his childhood friend.

"Happy birthday-"

"MAKOTO!"

Makoto's eyes widened when the rest cut Haru's words, grinning.

Rin was the first to approached Makoto, he flased his shark teeth to him. "Do you like it? It was all Nagisa and Haru's idea and it was hard to find the pink marbles so you better like it."

Makoto laughed, "Yeah, I like it. Can someone help pull me up?" He asked, extended his arms. Haru and Rin looked at each other and Haru put the cake away before took Makoto's hand, Rin took his other hand. When they both was ready to pull him up, Makoto smirked a little as he pulled them both to the water.

A big, splash of water echoed and everyone laughed once their brains finished processing everything.

"Dammit, Makoto!" Rin shouted, yet he was smiling. His back kinda hurt because of the pink marbles.

Nagisa and Rei looked at each other, but then they jumped to the pool, not even bothering tk chage their clothes.

Sousuke backed away when he saw Makoto and Rin were looking at him. "No no no. I'm not going here." He tried to escaped, but Momo was there to push him.

Makoto laughed when Sousuke sent a death glare to Momo, grabbing Sousuke's attention. Sousuke wished him another happy birthday, the rest heard it and did the same.

It was fun to celebrate his birthdat with his family, but celebrating his birthday with everyone on a pool with pink marbles is awesome!

~{>_<}~

UWAHHH HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAKOTO OMG IT'S SO SAD THAT YOU'RE IN COLLAGE NOW TT^TT

Author's wish for Makoto: Chase your dream! Don't give up! :)

-Mizushima Sena