Miyuki Kazuya [Not Bad]

Woahhh vvv late but oh, well 

Prompt: Chocolate 

*****

Miyuki could care less about chocolate. You, who had been his classmate for the last three years can confirm that.

Despite the awkward personality he had, and nasty, too, if Maezono could have his way, Miyuki was pretty popular among the girls.

He was downright adorable during the first year, puberty doing him right despite nobody knew how he looked like during middle school except for the small newspaper picture of him on the field. He was quiet during class, mostly keeping to himself during break, adding the mysterious aura that struck most of the girls in your grade in an instant, you included. He was, no matter how you put it, a target for valentine chocolate.

But, to the heartbreak of many girls, Miyuki didn't like chocolate.

"Chocolate? No thanks, I don't like them, doesn't matter if it's handmade or not, senpai, you sure have a lot of time."

Even now, years after the valentine day of your first year in high school, where the star player Miyuki Kazuya outright rejected a handmade chocolate given by a senior, was something you remembered well. Miyuki didn't even look like he was sorry rejecting the senior, and when his face didn't even change at her teary face, the senior threw her chocolate at his face and ran out of the classroom. The incident soon spread out to the whole school, and according to Sachiko, some of the seniors on the baseball club teased him for weeks for that.

To put it simply, after that incident, everyone knew better than to try give the catcher chocolate during Valentine, which caused the emergence of unique and weird presents by girls ranging from candy and baseball mitt. But really, it wasn't your fault for being so busy preparing college you forgot about it.

You glared at the innocent, neatly wrapped chocolate inside your bag. The day barely started, proven how in the class of 25, you were the only one sitting in the classroom. Everything had been so hectic lately, your college preparation, the endless discussion on how you staying alive living alone in a foreign country during your study, and the looming fact that your high school days will over were great distractions to forgetting the date, and before you realized it, it was the 13th of February and you, who had been harbouring feelings for a certain ex-captain of the baseball club, had prepare nothing for the man. So, with the leftover ingredients your sister used for her boyfriend, you decided to make chocolate, did a few try and error until you found one that wasn't as sweet as the others. Bad idea, because the moment you saw the box during class, you just remembered the man in question didn't like chocolate.

"I'm an idiot."

You groaned, hugging your bag in lap close. You wanted to get to class early in hopes of continuing the homework due tomorrow, but right now you were too busy cursing yourself. Your last year of high school, last Valentine, and you couldn't even remember the simple fact that Miyuki hated chocolate.

"Oh? You're early, [Last Name]."

You whirled your head at the voice, horror dawning your face when Miyuki stood on the doorway of the class. He had his bag slung over his shoulder, eyebrow raised in confusion. What was he doing in here? Ever since he retired from the club, Miyuki was among the last students to come to class.

"Mi-Miyuki-kun, good morning!"

"Morning, it's rare for you to be this early."

You fixed your posture as he walked to his desk, which just happened to beside yours. "It's not your turn to clean up before class, right?"