Miyuki Kazuya -Catch-

Prompt: Starting Line

----------------------

Kazuya's dad used to be a soccer player on his high school. That's why when his son suddenly taken an interest with sports, he wasn't suprised at all. It's not rare that when your parents have an interest on something and you ended up having the same, right?

But what made him suprised was when his son took an interest with baseball. Neither him or his wife has ever involved with that famous sport so when Kazuya said he wanted to be a baseball player, they didn't know what to do.

The first step they took was remembering all the nine positions and the rules. Okay, so for the positions, baseball has first baseman, second baseman, third baseman, shortstop, center field, right field, left field, pitcher and the last is-

"Catcher!"

Kazuya's cheerful voice startled him a bit. He tore his gaze away from his laptop screen. "Catcher?" he asked.

"Yes! I want to be the catcher!" Kazuya answered.

Catcher? Are you sure? Usually kids who wants to play baseball choose pitcher instead of catcher. So why?

"Don't you want to be a pitcher?"

"No," Kazuya shook his head. "Catcher is more interesting!" with that the kid ran to his mom, asking her what would be their dinner tonight.

His dad, also known as Miyuki Toku, went to his laptop again. He looked at his laptop screen. He closed the tab about baseball positions and open another one. This time, it was only about catcher.

* * * * *

According to Kazuya, catcher is the most interesting positions. And at that moment, either his dad or mom couldn't understand it. Why? Pitcher is the one who starts the game. Pitcher is the one who get all the attention. Pitcher is the one who decide are they going to win or not.

"But Pitcher won't throw any balls if the Catcher didn't tell him to." Kazuya answered, pouting when his parents still doubted his decision as a Catcher. "Catcher is also a key of Baseball!"

His parents look at each other, and then look at their son again. "Are you really sure about it?"

Children around his age who wants to play baseball usually wants to be pitcher. That was probably one of the main reasons why his parents were doubting his decision.

"I'm sure of it!"

His mom laughed. A soft and warm laugh that he thought would be there for him until he grow up as a teenager. She reached out, ruffling the boy's hair. "Well then, why don't we go to sport store tomorrow?"

Kazuya smiled at her, eyes big filled with happiness.

* * * * *

"This one is too big for you." Miyuki Kazuya pouted for the umpeteeth time today. Apparently, the catcher's mitt in this store was too big for his little hand. All of them.

His parents looked dissapointed, they couldn't what their little child want. And so did Kazuya.

His dad sighed at the sight of Kazuya - who once again rambling how this store doesn't have his size to the staff- and picked a Pitcher's glove. It was an ordinary, brown colored glove that is use by the other 8 positions, not the special mitt his son wants.

"How about we take this one first? When you grow a little, we will buy another one for you." He showed the glove to the kid, his wife standing behind him hoping that Kazuya would take it.

"Fine." And thanks God, he did. "But next year we'll buy the real one."

His dad ruffled his head, and went to pick some softball but his son was faster than him and picked a real baseball instead. "This is your first try. Don't you think it will be better if you just buy softball?"

"Nah, I want this!" He showed it and ran to his mom. The boy looked at it like it was a living things.

"But what if you get hurt because of it? We can't buy the protector guard." His smile dropped, awh man, his parents doesn't like the sight.

"But.."

"Ah, you know what? Let's buy both." His dad walked to him and took the ball before walking to the cashier tk pay it. Awh, he missed Kazuya's smile at him.

After they bought the softball and baseball, Kazuya happily took all the things they bought. The kid's eyes looked so bright. He jumped around a little, he can't wait to get home and play catch with his dad!

* * * * *

The first thing that the kid did when they got home was running to his room. He changed his clothes to a comfortable one and grabbed his new glove and softball. When everything was done, he grabbed his dad, pulling him to a not-so-small-but-not-big yard in front of their house, next to his dad steel factory.

"Throw for me! Throw for me!" Kazuya rambled. He used his glove, smiling when it fits with his hand even though it wasn't a Catcher's mitt like he wanted.

He didn't know what kind of job the Catcher do, but ke knew all he had to do was catching the ball his dad threw.

His dad smiled, looking at his wife who had her phone out, recording the entire thing.

The owner of Miyuki Steel threw the ball, cursing himself silently when he forgot to hold himself, the ball he threw was too high and fast for a kid who just started to be a catcher like Kazuya. And beside him, his wife almost dropped her phone when they saw what their child did.

Kazuya jumped. High enough to catch it, fast enough to hold the ball tightly. "Dad, you're too high!" He shouted.

His parents looked at him, dumbfounded. But before his dad did anything or apologize for throwing too fast, his mom rushed to his side, hugging him with her phone recording.

"You did great!" She said. Even though it was probably luck or even though it was probably just her husband accidentaly went easy to their son, she was so proud of him.

It was Kazuya's first try and he was able to catch it!

"Mom, it was only a single catch! And Dad didn't throw it properly." Kazuya pouted, yet his heart smiled when he saw how happy his mom were.

"Ahaha, sorry, sorry. Let's play again, shall we?" His mom put him down and step aside. She smiled at her husband and son played catch.

It was only a simple catch. It was only a simple ball that was thrown and catched by Kazuya. But for the boy, it wad his starting line.

- - - - - -

"MIYUKI KAZUYA CATCH FOR ME!"

A thai kick was succesfully landed on the loud mouther Pitcher, a gift from his 'dear' senpai who also his vice-captain.

"Ahahahaha, Sawamura, you're too loud in the morning. No wonder you got a present from Kuramochi." The Captain laughed, walking along the other two. "And nope. I'm not going to catch for you. Go run or do something."

The three went to the baseball field and Kazuya smiled when he saw his teammates wearing the same shirt as him. A white shirt with their school name on it.

Seido.

"HUH?! HOW DARE YOU MIYUKI KAZUYA. CATCH MY PITCH NOW!"

"Sawamura you're loud! Shut up!"

"Ahahahahaha!"