Miyuki Kazuya -Please Smile-

Second fic, coming right up!

------

The crowd was cheering. Across the field, where supporters who held high the white flag soared to the sky, you felt your fingers getting numb, couldn't exactly tell when you lost your grip to your blue hat, couldn't exactly tell when it dropped to the ground.

Your eyes examined each of the players in the field. There, on the big field, you felt your tears running down your face; hand covered your mouth as a pain sparked on your chest. Your tore your gaze away, couldn't exactly tell when you close your eyes, couldn't exactly tell how hurt it felt like when you saw the way Miyuki stood high, face up with his hands behind his back.

The third years were crying for their last opportunity, the second years were crying for they wasn't able to keep their promise, and the first years were shocked to the shell, tasting the feeling of being defeated for the first time.

You saw this before, exactly a year ago, in the same stadium, in the same match between two schools.

Watching your friends lost over and over again never make it any easier.

* * * * *

The tension was high by the time you drove back to Seidou. The whole ride was quiet, save for you and the other managers handing out fresh towels for those who need more, no one said a thing when they hold it on their faces instead.

You grabbed a bottle of sports drink, walking to the front of the bus and sat on the empty spot beside Miyuki.

The catcher was looking out at the window; his eyes watched the scenery in front of him change over and over again.

The sports drink felt too cold on your hand. You looked down to your lap, suddenly feeling nervous even when you knew Miyuki wasn't looking at you. Having the usually loud, annoying catcher suddenly silent was not something you wish to get used to.

Closing your eyes, you took a breath in your mind before you offered the drink, "Here," you said, "you gotta stay hydrated."

Miyuki looked at the drink for a while, slowly he took the drink from you, "Thank you," he replied. There was no tone in it, no smirk and no interest on making fun of you. He threw his gaze back to the changing scenery outside the window.

You stood up, walking to the back of the bus where the other managers sit.

* * * * *

You wasn't even surprised to find Miyuki in the canteen the next day, all alone with a score book in front of him.

"You woke up early." You said, motioning to the clock, still 6 a.m. Usually; by now, the players were running around the field, but Coach always let them sleep the day after a big match. "You can't force your body like that."

"I'm fine." Miyuki said. He looked up to you, brown eyes still looking tired. Your heart clenched at the missing smile on his face. "No need to coddle me."

You nodded your head, not buying it in the slightest. You took a seat a few chairs away from him, making as small silent as possible.

You took out your phone from your pocket, opening your media social but instantly regretted it when you saw how it was full of the news of the match yesterday. Sometimes when you close your eyes, you still felt the tears running down your face.

Miyuki let out an audible sigh and your head instantly snapped at him. Miyuki ran his hand through his hair, puffing a breath yet his eyes still glued to the score book. There were wrinkles on his face; lines that wasn't supposed to be there. You clenched your phone tighter, Miyuki almost never show any emotions other than his annoying self or the one that made pitcher beg for his attention. So when he did, it was so strong, so strange that you could notice the slight change of how he clenched his hair tighter, tugging it.

You felt bad for him. You and the other managers had do your best to support them, and if you could taste the bitter taste in your mouth, what about them? The one who fight for it, who really fight for it?

Looking past the score book, you notice there was a phone beside it, Miyuki's phone.

You looked down to yours, an idea popped up your mind and before you knew it, you opened messages already.

Me: Are you okay?

Me: I'm sorry for not cheering enough yesterday

You took a silent breath when you hit sent, somehow glad that Miyuki didn't even look at you when he saw the notification

That one annoying catcher: Yea

That one annoying catcher: it's ok, don't mind it

Your heart leapt out of your mouth when he answered.

Me: Are you sure?

Me: I'm sorry ;-;

That one annoying catcher: It's alright

You bit your lower lip when you didn't get the response you expected. By now, normal Miyuki

would totally laugh at you.

Your heart raced, and without thinking, you type your reply

Me: Pls smile

Me: You look cuter when you smile

Hitting the send button, your face was covered in pink blush. You almost bang your head to the table, embarrassment filled your entire body and you wished that you could somehow delete that. Or better, you wished that time travel was real so you can time travel and stop yourself from sending that.

Miyuki didn't reply, but you knew he had read it, if any indication of him staying frozen was true or not.

You were about to type again, before the canteen door was suddenly opened.

"I knew it." Kuramochi said from the doorway, "we're going to start practice alone, you wanna come?"

"I'll be in a min," Miyuki stood up, tidying the score book as he turned off his phone, "you can go on first."

Kuramochi nodded his head, turning around as he exit the canteen.

Miyuki pushed the chair he used back to the table, and when you thought he was going to leave, he walked closer to you.

"Hey, [First Name]-chan," he reached out, touching your shoulder with the tip of his fingers, "It's okay, don't think about it."

You looked up; preparing yourself for any expression Miyuki would give to you and found yourself frozen at what you got.

There was a smile on his face, a sense of his smirk erupted to the surface and your found your heart calming down as you watch his eyes regained its light back.

Miyuki left the canteen when you nodded your head. The blush on your face came harder than you thought as you felt your face warmed up.

When you saw Miyuki later that day, looking all freshened with a smile on his face, you'll pretend your face didn't heat up.