Kuroo Tetsurou -Spike-

Prompt: Starting Line

----------------------

As a kid, Kuroo was full of curiosity. That's why when he saw his father watching some volleyball game on television, he stopped everything he did back then and rushed to watch the game.

"What's this?" He remembered asking to his dad.

"Volleyball match. Do you like it?" His dad answered. His voice showed no interest at first.

"They're not in the same side of court. Unlike soccer or basketball." He said, eyes glued to the television.

His father laughed and stood up. He patted Kuroo's head when the boy looked at him. "To make it easier, volleyball is kind of similar with badminton. You need to drop the ball at the other side of court to get one poin."

The young kid's eyes brightened, he looked so passionate about it. His dad laughed again, ruffling Kuroo's eternal bedhead. "Tomorrow is Saturday. How about we go to sport store and look for a volleybal so you and Kenma can play it together?"

* * * * *

Kuroo was so hooked to the volleyball he bought one hour ago. As soon as they got to the sport store the boy had disappeared leaving his dad and straight to the volleyball section. He saw lots of things. Like the kneepads and the net and the shoes and the most important one, the ball itself.

When he found the right ball -actually not that dramatic. He just found the one he really like- Kuroo went to his dad, showing the ball he picked and dragged his dad to the cashier. After everything went well, Kuroo continued dragging his dad to their car because apperantly for the boy his dad has been taking his sweet time looking at basketball equipments.

When they got home, Kuroo went to his sister's room, asking if he can use her laptop to search everything he wanted to know about volleyball.

His sister let him to and her laptop instantly disappeared from it's place, the boy had took it.

Kuroo went to his room, he hugged his new volleyball as he watched some matches and searched for the positions and rules.

This is gonna be interesting.

* * * * *

The next day the boy literally slammed his friend's room door open, a volleyball secured tucked under his arms.

"Kenma, let's play volley."

Kozume Kenma looked up from his game, confused. "Why?"

"Because I said so." Kuroo dragged his friend, walking to a small volleyball court near they house (it wasn't a random volleyball court. His dad turned the field to volleyball court because he never saw his son looked so passionate before).

Kuroo explained a bit about volleyball, only the positions because he couldn't wait to spike the ball.

"In conclusion, you're a setter and I'm the spiker." He said, grinning.

Kenma shot him a are-you-kidding-me look. "Why?"

"Because I said so!"

Kenma sighed, he didn't have any choice than follow his childhood friend. If he can do whatever Kuroo wants, than he can go to his game again.

"But why setter?"

"Because you're good at reading people." Kuroo said. "I'm a newbie too so of course I'm not good at spiking. So please bear with me and read my movements before tossing the ball!"

Kenma smiled (even though it was so small and so fast). Guess he doesn't have any choice left.

* * * * *

After hours of struggling with the ball, Kenma finally able to toss the ball. For Kuroo, he finally able to spike it, without having Kenma to toss it to him. It was frustating. Whenever Kenma tossed to him, Kuroo would jump and missed the ball. After that, he would spent a second whined.

Kenma was about to give up and go home. But looking at how passionate Kuroo was, he buried that thought.

"Kuro, if you can't hit this one, you owe me a game." Kenma lightly toss the ball to the air, catching it again and looked at Kuroo's face. "Why??"

Kenma took no mind about it as he took his position. Kuroo groaned when he received the ball, tossing it to his childhood friend and the other toss it to the air.

Kuroo did a little run, jumping as high as he can and extend his arm, reaching for the ball and used all his might to push it the other side of the court. His eyes glued to the other side, thinking about amazing opponents to receive his spike. But it doesn't matter now. As long as he can spike the ball then he's-

BLAM!

-one step ahead to become the volleyball player he looked up.

Kuroo landed, frozen. Kenma was no different.

"I hit it!" He said. "I hit it! I hit it!" He jumped around, ran around the court to express how happy he was. He did it! After hours of Kenma's wishes to play his game and struggling of spiking the ball, he finally spiked the toss Kenma gave! Ahhhhhhh! He's so happy!

Kuroo grabbed the other boy's hand and took his ball. He ran at full speed to his house, he was more than ready to tell everyone about this.

"Eh? Really?? That's great!" He knew that his sister wasn't interested on the topic from her voice. But he didn't care. It was his starting line, and that's all his care went.

- - - - - -

"Kuro, the practice will start soon. What are you thinking?" Kenma's voice snapped him out of his own thoughts, grinning when the boy looked at him.

"Just some old memories." He answered and took his bag and slung to his shoulder. "Let's go. The rest are waiting." Kuroo picked his jacket, a red jacket with his school name written on it with white.

Nekoma.

"And who do you think make them wait on the first place?"

Kuroo laughed, walking to the gym. "Ah, come on!"