Kuroo Tetsurou ~Happy Birthday!~

Prompt: Birthday

~~~~~~~~

There is nothing best than having a free time for yourself on a lovely after school hours. The practice was cancelled today and Kuroo decided he should be nice to himself and go out alone sometimes.

After all, there's nothing wrong with being nice to yourself on you birthday, right?

He walks with no direction around the district, taking pictures of some random cats and send it to Kenma or just taking a short walk on parks he finds on his way. But when the sun's going down, he decided that he should call it a day.

He walks on his usual route, his red jacket hanging on his shoulder as his eyes still tries to find something interesting to do before he finally go home.

He walks a bit more until he finds a guy on a field, alone with a volleyball. The guy looks upset for some reason, like he doesn't have a friend to play with.

"Hey!" Kuroo calls out for the person, successfully gaining his attention. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," the guy answers and Kuro just finally realizes the guy's white hair.

"Bad day?" He asks again, walking closer to him. "Wanna talk about it?"

"Nah, I'm good." The guy smiles. "I'm Bokuto. Bokuto Koutaro. And you are?"

"Kuroo Tetsurou. Nice to meet you." Kuroo sats beside Bokuto on the ground, he then proceeds to see the volleyball on his hand. "You play volley?"

"Ah, yes, for a pretty long time. Do you?"

"Yeah, since I was a kid. My high school is strong, you know. We just haven't try enough." He says, suddenly feeling stupid for bringing his school in this kind of time.

"Really? Mine too. Even though it'a already strong right now, I still want to make it stronger." Bokuto says as he throws the ball lightly to the air and catches it back. "And then win all the championships."

"What's your school?"

The two stare at each other, but then laughs when they ask in unison.

"Let's say it together," Kuroo suggests and Bokuto agrees. "One, two!"

"Nekoma."

"Fukurodani."

The two stare at each other again, but then, slowly, Bokuto's face light up and Kuroo could see how bring his smile is. "Nekoma? That Nekoma? How cool!" He says, "But it's strange, I didn't see your face on the joint training."

Kuroo laughs at the words, "I'm still not good enough to be in the regular." At that, Bokuto looks closer at him. "But you look like you're strong."

"Hey, hey, come on now. Don't judge a book by its cover."

The two goes silent after that. But when the sky is almost dark, Kuroo stands up. "Wanna play a bit?"

"Can we?" Bokuto asks in excitment, Kuroo almost laughs if only he doesn't want to hurt his new friend.

"Of course. I'll company you until its too dark to see."

Bokuto stands up, he throws the ball at Kuroo. "Then what are we waiting for?"

They play it more simpler. Only serve, toss, reveice and some basic techniques since there isn't much things to do with only two people. But then, both of them learns a lot. Kuroo learns how Bokuto's moods and change within seconds, and Bokuto learns how sometimes Kuroo's personality makes people want to throw a ball straight to his face.

They play until its dark, and when Kuroo accidentaly sees his phone light up, he asks Bokuto to pause the game for a while.

"Who is it? Who is it? Your girlfriend?" He teases.

"It's from my friend." Kuroo answers.

"Ooohhh, what does it say?"

"Happy birthday, sorry for not being able to celebrate it with you." Kuroo says with a monotone voice, as if trying to imitate the friend who sends him the message.

"Ah, its already this late? Sorry, but I have to-- Bokuto?" Kuroo freezes when he sees Bokuto stops moving. "What's wrong?"

"Bro, today is your birthday?"

"17th of November, so yes, it's my birthday. What's wrong?"

In a split of second, Bokuto groans, he runs his hand through his hair in frustration. "Damn, I should have give you something."

"We just met! You don't have to do it." Kuroo exclaims.

"Arghhh but I want to thank you for playing with me!"

"Bro, come on, playing with you made me feel happy enough. You don't have to get me anything."

Bokuto doesn't look convienced, so he tries to make a deal. "How about this. We'll exchange our contacts and when we meet again, I'll give you your present?"

Kuroo gives up. This guy won't back down. "Fine, up to you. But I gotta go now." Kuroo takes his jacket and put it on, showing how red it is to Bokuto before he takes his bag. "Aren't you going home?"

Bring back to reality, Bokuto rushes to get his jacket and put it on. Kuroo smirks when he sees how pure white his jacket is.

The two takes their own way, Kuroo to the left and Bokuto to the right. They bid farewell, but before Kuroo is complety out of sight, Bokuto calls for him.

"Kuroo!"

"Yeah?"

"I'll make sure to give you your present, but for now," Bokuto flashes him a smile before he continues his sentence.

"Happy Birthday, Kuroo!"

Kuroo smiles back at him as they walk to different path.

~{>_<}~

Author's wish for Kuroo: Aaaaaa its been a long time since I saw you and I can't wait till the day where you and Karasuno will stand on the same stage again. I'd love to see that in either anime or the stageplay. Kuroo, we'll be waitinh for you!

~Mizushima Sena