Tachibana Makoto [Shopping]

Prompt: Shopping

Starter is Makoto! This takes place during high school, so around second season. Reader is mentioned but doesn't appear. Enjoy~

******

To be honest, despite his kind personality (according to other people) and good looks (also, according to other people) Makoto isn't used to being the center of attention. He had been friends with Haru for as long as he remembered, and for those years together he knew for a fact that despite the quiet personality the black haired guy has, Haru always became the center of attention their circle of friends. Rin literally moved school in elementary because of him, Asahi and Ikuya were able to perform their best during relay because of him, and they literally created a swimming club together so they can swim in relay once again.

So, in conclusion, when Haru was around, Makoto wasn't used to being the center of attention.

Which was the number one reason, why he really wanted to go home right now.

"No, Nagisa, please, put it back on the rack."

It was Saturday. A day-off to hang out and relax but the more time Makoto spent on the shopping center with Haru, Nagisa, and Rei, the more stressed out he became. It was merely 30 mins into the one of the stores that Makoto regretted telling them he had a date with a girl tomorrow.

"Ehhhhh," Nagisa whined, "But Mako-chan, I'm sure she would love it if you wear this! You'll look cute!"

Makoto looked at the offending object on Nagisa's hand. There was no way he would use a blue jacket with ugly orange feathers around the neck on his date.

"I have to agree with Makoto-senpai on this one, Nagisa-kun." Rei interjected, and for a while Makoto breathed in relief, finally someone with common sense. "Blue and orange is not beautiful at all, at least search for a purple one." Or not.

"What! No, guys! It's not because of the color. I'm not using that no matter what color it is!"

Nagisa looked dejected, but put the offending jacket back on the rack.

"Mako-chan is hard! We can't find anything if you keep rejecting the clothes we suggest to you!"

"I don't need to buy new clothes, though," Makoto replied, "I have enough. After all, it's only a date, Nagisa. It might be our last one."

Nagisa shook his head, "No, no, no! Mako-chan! We have to be positive! I've seen how [Last Name]-senpai look at you! Mako-chan is finally getting a date so we need to properly do it!"

"That's right, Makoto-senpai!" Rei exclaimed, "[Last Name]-senpai is very popular and has lots of fans. She asked you first, right? You have to go all out! If I may, senpai, she likes the color [F/C] so try searching for clothes in that color. Oh, have you thought of where you're taking her? She likes the [Cake flavour] from the shop on the third floor of this mall, if your dating place is nearby you should take her here."

"Oh, you're right, I should think about that—wait, how did you know?!"

"Fufufu," Rei fixed his glasses, a proud smile blossoming on his face, "she was my senior in the Track Field Club, we talked a lot about sweets back then."

"Nagisa, Rei, if we don't split up we won't find the perfect clothes for Makoto tomorrow." Another voice piped from the side, causing all three heads turned to find Haru standing there.

"Haru, where were you?"

"The swimming trunks section."

"Why—no, wait, don't answer that I don't want to hear it."