Makoto Tachibana -Old Friend-

First up, we have Tachibana Makoto! Let's have a big applause for him guys!

I actually wrote this last year, which means I was using my imagination as Free! S3 hadn't released last year so this is kinda AU-ish(?) anyway, enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------

He has decided that he hates map. The words, the direction, and everything on it. He just hates it.

Shiina Asahi glares at the map on his hand. It's been one hour since he's trying to figure out the way to his old school to see what does it look like right now, but leaving this city for three years is enough for him to completely forget the way.

"Arghhh, this is frustrating." He grumbles as he walks again.

Asahi glues his eyes to the map, unconsciously walking to a different direction from where he supposes to take according to the map. He gives up with the map not long after that, he decides to just enjoy the view and walk with no direction. When he gets tired, he'll go back by calling his sister.

"Eh—wait for me!"

"You're so slow, we'll leave you behind!

Asahi turns his head to the left when the sound of a crowd enters his ears. His eyes turns softer when he sees students running out from their schools to hang out and he's pretty sure that some of them are running to their clubroom.

How nostalgic. He used to do the same when back then in middle school.

"What's with that creepy smile, Stupid Asahi?"

Asahi swish his head to the side, suddenly feeling annoyed when the voice he knows too well disturbs him.

"It's not creepy and don't call me 'Stupid'—"He looks at the owner of the voice, "Ikuya!"

Kirishima Ikuya glares at him; he throws his gaze to the side, earning a yell from Asahi to not ignore him.

"What are you doing here? I thought you move somewhere else." Ikuya asks.

"I'm visiting my family here." Asahi answers, "I was thinking to visit our school but I got lost. What are you doing here anyway? Didn't you move somewhere?"

"Me? I was thinking to see Makoto and Haru. I mean look at it," Ikuya points at the school's board name. "This is Iwatobi High School after all."

"You've gotta be kidding—"

"The one who lost treat us ice cream!"

"Wait a minute, Nagisa-kun!"

Asahi and Ikuya quickly avert their eyes to the same direction. Not far from the main gate, on the right side along with the line of tress, they see stairs that lead somewhere. Curious, they walk to the stairs, completely led by the voices they hear earlier.

"Come on, you have to hurry up too."

"Ah, wait for me!"

The two climb the short stairs, and when they arrive at the top, their eyes widen at the sight.

In front of them is a regular size swimming pool with shower at the side and a bench to sit on. Behind the bench, there's a door that they're pretty sure would lead to the changing room. But that's not the reason why they suddenly stop move. It is because of the two boys that stand behind the bench.

"Haru!"

"Makoto."

The owners of the names avert their eyes from each other. Each pair of the beautiful eyes widens when they see Asahi and Ikuya standing not far from them.