Miyuki Kazuya [Winter]

Hiks... my calculation is off and their birthday has passed. No worries, the birthday months is still here!

Next up is Miyuki!

Prompt: Winter

******

Miyuki loved winter. He loved summer, too, of course. The peak of his high school baseball life, the one goal every high school baseball player set in their mind, the Koshien, was held on summer. He loved the ache on his body, the comforting weight of his glove and the ball that nestled into it. He loved every second of it. But still, nothing beat winter.

"You're all ready?"

Miyuki looked up from his phone to found Kuramochi and Zono standing before him, both all dressed up from head to toe with winter clothes and their bag slung over their shoulders. Behind them, he could see Shirasu walking closer.

"Yep, unlike certain idiots, I actually packed before going to sleep last night." He snickered.

Kuramochi scowled, among them, he probably got the least amount of sleep having to room with Sawamura. On the other hand, Zono looked like he got the best sleep he had in years.

"Thanks whoever Deity up there to put Kominato in my room," he said after Kuramochi ranted about Sawamura waking him up with the usual yells, "he even put on my alarm after I forgot to set it up. Such a good boy."

"Oi, you're the senior here, act like it!"

Miyuki heaved a sigh when Kuramochi kicked Zono, glad for Shirasu who stopped them in time before things got out of hand.

"Come on," his one true sane friend said, "I think everyone are in the canteen already."

Winter break as Seido baseball club members didn't feel like a winter break at all. They stayed later than anyone else on the school, using their time to practice for the next tournament season until the students were all sent home for their New Year's break and got pulled back to school earlier than everyone else. On his first year, Miyuki kinda hoped for a longer break. As much as he loved the feeling of mitt on his hand and the familiar ache, he loved his bed just as much and being on break meant he got more time to sleep. But with him bearing the title Captain and going to his last year this spring, he was torn in between asking for time to go faster or slower.

Arriving on the canteen, Miyuki noted how they were indeed the last. They greeted the Coach who stood at the front before quickly took a seat, which just so happened beside Sawamura, Furuya, and Haruichi.

"You're late Miyuki Kazuya!" The brown-haired pitcher screamed.

"Yes, yes, I know," Miyuki sat beside him, unfazed by the pitcher's loud voice on such close distance. At this point he had gotten used to it. "Now, now, let's just let the Coach talk, shall we?"

"Khh—why you! You're the captain, you better—"

"Sawamura." A deep voice from the in front of the canteen called out the pitcher's name, making the owner spluttered in embarrassment before slowly sat down on his seat with the help of Haruichi's hands on his shoulders. Not far, Miyuki could see Kanemaru shaking his head.

The Coach cleared his throat. "Winter break is here. When you arrive to your house, make sure to rest and eat properly. I know all of you can't wait for the next match, but resting is another important part of sports so make good use of it. If you are doing independent practice, don't overdo it. Dismiss."

The collective answer roared through the canteen as almost everyone immediately stood up. Kuramochi, Zono, and Shirasu bid him goodbye, but Miyuki stay rooted on his place, as much as he wanted to get home as soon as possible, he would rather waiting for the crowd to disperse a bit before making his way home. Unfortunately, so did Sawamura.

"So!" He yelled, "what are you doing during winter break? Practice? Or are you going to make new strategies? Oh! Are you going to meet up with that blonde pitcher from Inajitsu and tell him about our strategies—"

"You're loud," Miyuki slapped Sawamura's mouth to keep him from rambling. When the younger looked like he calmed down, he slowly let go, "Why would I go to Mei and tell him our strategies?"

"Then what are you doing over break?"

Miyuki stared at him, "Resting, of course. Unlike certain idiots I know when it's time to take break."

"I'm an idiot."

"Look who's talking."

"Furuya is!"

"Don't casually call someone else an idiot."

"But you started it!"

"Anyway," Miyuki stood up, noticing only a few people left on the canteen, "I'm going now. Haruichi, sorry for making you do this, but please make sure this idiot and that idiot over there go to the train station?"

The pink haired kid perked, "Eh? Of course! Happy New Years, Miyuki-senpai."

"Yeah, happy new years."

Miyuki gave him a short nod, completely ignoring the other two as he made his way to the gate. Kuramochi, Zono, and Shirasu were all nowhere to be seen, probably made their way out when Miyuki was dealing with Sawamura.

Being a resident in Tokyo made traveling back home a lot easier than some of his teammates. Miyuki didn't need to board the train if he want to, walking through streets of Tokyo as he enjoy the Christmas themed shops was something he found out he liked to do since middle school. Back then Mei usually came with him on his short journey, but Miyuki found himself enjoying the walks even more when he wasn't accompanied with a chattering chat box.

Currently, winter was in full blown. The snow was pretty thick for Tokyo but it didn't stop couples from having date all over the place.

When he finally turned the corner to the intersection to his house, Miyuki picked up his pace. Running when the snow wasn't completely cleared off might be a bit dangerous, but Miyuki was pretty confidence with his balance.

His father's shop, as expected wasn't close yet. He could see a few workers doing lighter job, all greeted back at him when he nodded at them as he made his way up to his house.

"Kazuya?"

Miyuki looked up from genkan when he heard someone called his name. His father stood in the kitchen, a bottle of water on his hand. "Welcome back."

"I'm home." He put his shoes on the rack before slipping off his bag. "You're still working?"

"Just a bit more," his father said, "should be done before dinner. Go rest up, I bet you're still tired from practice."

Miyuki stretches, "Yeah, I'll do that. Any request for dinner?"

"Anything you make is fine."

"Got it~"

Miyuki went straight to his room as his father went back to his workshop. Once safe on the familiar four walls, he collapsed on the bed, a content sigh leaving his lips when the mattress hug him. He looked at the photo framed on his desk, of a woman with her son and her husband. Miyuki's lips curled into a smile at the picture.

"I'm home, Mom."

Miyuki loved winter. Miyuki loved summer, too of course, with all his heart and soul but nothing beat winter. Because winter meant he could get a break, meant that within that short week, he could go home and stay in the safety of his parents.

--[END]--

*****

Woah!! Took longer than I thought!

Next up: Birthday Special!