Kuroo Tetsurou [Blue Rose]

Continue with Kuroo! This one is an x Reader!

With how things are, might stretch this and write till December...

This is kinda rushed but oh well...

Prompt: Flower

* * * * *

Kuroo never understood how much you love flowers.

Sure, in his opinion, flowers were beautiful. They have a wide variety of species, all with their own meanings and colors. Ever since you were little, you babbled about the kind of flowers you saw on the picture books your mom bought you. The fact that both you and Kuroo, and also Kenma, lived near a flower shop only intensified your fascination to it.

"They're magical, Tetsu!"

He remembered you told him that. One summer evening when the sky had turned orange as Kuroo and Kenma sat side by side, sweaty and dirty from the impromptu volleyball game they did earlier while you sat on the sidelines with another book your mom bought for you.

"Each of them has different meanings. Look, even the amount of roses you give to someone has different meaning! And not to forget, the colors! Isn't it beautiful?"

"Well, yeah, they are," he replied, tilting his head to the side in confusion, "but you basically give flowers to someone because you like them, right? Why does it matter with how much you give them and what color you choose?"

He remembered you groaned, throwing you head to the back. "You don't understand! It's beautiful because it means our feelings are properly delivered. Like, whether you just want to say thank you to that person, or if you actually feel the same towards that person. Look," you shoved a page in front of him, "you can even say 'I hate you' in flower language."

"Geh, why would you do that." Kuroo pushed back the book.

"For the aesthetic, Tetsu, the aesthetic."

Kuroo remembered throwing his eyes to Kenma, who had stayed quiet since the beginning, save for the small giggles he tried to hide behind his hand watching the two of you interact.

"Kenma, can you believe that? Saying 'I hate you' in flower language for the aesthetic, girls are confusing."

Kenma ignored him, "What about you?" He asked, "What's your favorite flower?"

You flipped through your book, eyebrows pinched together as your murmured under your breath. Kenma and Kuroo looked at each other in confusion.

"Hmm... gerbera is nice, but—oh, so are sunflowers. But Lily of the Valley is also beautiful. Oh!"

Your face light up as you turned your book for the two boys to see, a wide smile on your face as you practically shoved the page into their face.

"Blue rose!"

"Blue rose?" Kuroo asked, "that's a thing? I thought roses are red?"

"Tetsu doesn't understand a thing!" You whined, "Roses has a lot of colors you know! They have red, blue, pink, white, yellow, and even black! There's more if you want to know, like—"

Kuroo pushed the book again, "No, it's fine, we won't be going anywhere if you explain to me every color."

"Why blue rose?" Kenma asked.

You turned the book to you once again. "I like the color blue?"

"That's it?!"

"For someone who know each meaning behind it, your answer is very simple, [First Name]." Kenma mused. "Only because of the color?"