Miyuki Kazuya ~Unsent Letter to Heaven~

Prompt: Letters

~~~~~~~

Dear Mom,

How are you up there? I hope you're feeling happy like you're supposed to be. When was the last time I wrote letter for you? Ahahaha, I'm sorry, it must be months ago. I was so busy with my team and my injury, and the new first years coming this year. I'm a third year now.

The two second year pitchers I told you has become stronger and stronger than I expected them, as always they passed my expectations. Furuya is becoming a better Ace day by day. And Sawamura still haven't give up to rip that number from Furuya's back. I hope that one day, I'll be able to catch his pitches with number 1 on his back, too. 

A few months ago, the new first years came to school. A kid named Okumura became my roommate and suddenly declared that he will take my number and regular position away from me. I don't mind. It'll be more fun this way. I hope you're here to see him.

A lot of things had happened these past few months. We've lost back then, and using the new experience we got to get here, I'll make sure to lead my team to that absolute stage. Please watch over us from above.

But before go to that stage, I've been chosen for something else. It's harder than being a main catcher, harder than being a clean-up batter, and it's harder than being a captain. I am chosen to be Japan's respentative to have a match with an American team. There are a lot of amazing players other than me who was also chosen. And can you imagine?? In this team, Mei was also chosen. I guess, him being chosen to be respentative is not a really big deal, people acknowledge his ability after all. I wasn't suprised when I heard him being chosen, at least, his long dream to be able to be on the same team as me come true before we graduate from high school. Even though I prefer my team in Seido, cathing once or twice for Mei won't hurt. Oh, and by the way, my match with the America respentative is tomorrow, please cheer for us.

I guess, I'll end my letter here. I will keep you update with my team on the future, so please look for it. I hope I can write another one soon. Mom, even though you'rd not here, I hope that you're okay up there. Please watch over me, I won't disapoint you. I'll show how strong the team I've lead up until this day on the national stage. This time, I'll make sure to not lose, even to Mei.

Sincerely,
Kazuya

***

"You're still writing that?"

A familiar voice erupted from the side.

Miyuki immediately folded the paper he has been writing on, and then shoved it to his bag under the table. "What are you doing?"

The owner of the voice growled, a pair of blue eyes glisted under the light. "Have you forgot whose room this dorm actually belongs to?"

The match between Japan and America is going to be held tomorrow. And to make it easier for them, all players from another schools are sleeping in Inajitsu's dorm. And Narumiya Mei was in charge to welcome Miyuki Kazuya to his room.

"Are you still doing that?"

"Doing what?"

"You know what I mean." Mei looked at two blank papers, he then walked to Miyuki and took the pen he used before. "Writing for your mom."

Miyuki went silent for a while, he then chuckled. "Yeah, I'm still doing it."

Mei smiled, "That's good." He put the pen back, "Did you talk about me in your letter?"

At that, Miyuki laughed out loud. "I talk about everyone!" but soon his face softened. "Yeah, I talk about you."

The room fall into silence for a while, but then Mei tap Miyuki's shoulder. "She's gonna be proud of you."

"Thanks, Mei."

At that, Mei smiled. "Okay, then, let's go, dinner is ready!"

Mei walked to the door, followed by Miyuki. He can deal with the letter later. He'll put it inside his drawer in Seido, along with his other unsent  letters to heaven.