Kuroo Tetsurou [Last Night]

Prompt: Royal & Happy Birthday

*****

Morisuke was born in a proud family of Royal Advisors. For generations his family had been loyal to the Royal family, more often than holding a position as the advisors. The lowest position his family could get was as a politician. He, too, was an advisor in training. When the Prince, who was also his childhood friend, would come of age and became the King replaced his father, Morisuke will also become a proper Royal Advisor replacing his father.

As a Royal Advisor, he had to be wise and see a problem from different angles, making sure that the King will take the best course of action for the sake of the kingdom and its people. Trouble was a big no-no.

But now, Morisuke could smell nothing but trouble.

"What are we doing in here!" Morisuke hissed. He glared up at the two grinning male in front of him, faces showing no remorse at all. "You know better than anyone we can't have the Prince just walking around to town with no guards! What if something happen?"

The said Prince, the sole heir of the Nekoma Kingdom, grinning sheepishly. "It's fine!" He assured, and then pointing at the other male beside him, a knight in training who were also their friends since childhood. "Kai is here."

"That doesn't' solve the problem at all," Morisuke objected, "My Prince, a lot of people is coming to Nekoma right now, I know you love going to town, but not now. There will be plenty of time."

"Eh," the Prince pouted, a sad sight to see from a seventeen years old who would become a king tomorrow, "but look, there's festival right now! It doesn't happen all the time."

"That's because it is your birthday now. Come on, we should go back to the Palace. You should know the party on the Palace is also for you." He turned at the knight and glared at him, "Kai, just know I am disappointed at you. You should have stopped him!"

Kai sctratch his cheek. "I don't see a problem in it," he said, "Tetsu is happy so why not?"

"It's Prince Tetsu—"

"Ah, Morisuke being all formal again," the Prince, Tetsu groaned, "I told you it's fine to call me by name. We've been together since childhood." Morisuke was about to open his mouth, but the Prince glared at him and he quickly close it. "Anyway, I'm going to the festival whether you like it or not, I just thought that letting you know will give me less damage than sneaking out with only Kai."

"What? But Prin—argh, Tetsu, there are a lot of things you need to do. You have to prepare for the coronation tomorrow, remember?"

"It's fine," Tetsurou laughed, "it'll be only for a while."

With that, Tetsu threw them a grin. He put on a hoodie of a cloak Morisuke didn't realize he was wearing the whole time, completely hiding his prince clothes and atrocious hair. He turned around and went inside the festival, leaving both Kai and Morisuke on the alley the two dragged him into.

Morisuke threw an exasperated look at Kai. The other merely smile and shrugged his shoulders.

"If something happen to him, I'm going to kill you myself." He walked out of the alley, eyes quickly searching for the cloaked figure and was relief to found him fast enough. Kai followed close behind him.

"We're going back when I say so." He said, loud enough to be heard by the other two.

Under his hood, Tetsu threw him a smile. "Okay~"

Both Morisuke and Kai follow the prince from behind. The only heir of Nekoma Kingdom went from one stall to another, buying foods and playing the games he found interesting. More than once, he turned to his friends, offering the things he bought and more than once Kai ended up holding all the gifts he won on the games. Truthfully, looking at Tetsu from behind like this remind Morisuke of when they were children.

On those days too, Tetsurou would dragged them however he liked. Playing hide and seek on the west wing of the palace, venturing to the woods behind the Palace, sneaking inside the kitchen to grab a dessert, laying down on the flower garden. If he remember it again, ever since they were kids, they went through a lot of ups and downs together. Looking at him now, Morisuke couldn't believe the boy that used to get him into trouble will become a king tomorrow.

Eh?

His steps stopped.

Tomorrow, Tetsurou will become a king. The rules tying him would be much stricter than the one currently wrapped around him right now. There would be bigger responsibilities, and the smile of an easy going teenager will disappear without any of them knowing.

"Morisuke?"

The brown haired male looked up at the worried tone. He found both Tetsurou and Kai looking at him worriedly. "Sorry," the black haired male said, "you're worried, right? It'll be a problem if my father knows you're helping me sneaking out. Let's get back to the palace—"

"It's fine," Morisuke quickly said, "it's fine. Enjoy the night. Tomorrow, you'll be the new king of Nekoma. Who knows if you can sneak out like this." Morisuke smiled, "Just for tonight, you can be you, Tetsu."

He curled his hand into a fist, and bumped it lightly to Tetsurou's chest. "Go play to your heart content, just for tonight, I won't say anything."

A grin spread across Tetsurou's face. "Well, now, you ask for it! Don't blame me if you get to tired! I'm going to drag you all over the festival tonight!"

Mood lifted, Tetsurou turned around, eyes switching back and forth, and trying to find a stall he wanted to try next. Still beside him, Kai chuckled.

"You finally realized it, huh?"

"Yeah," Morisuke said, smiling, "he's going to be a king tomorrow. No more troublemaker for us. Is that why you agreed to help him sneak out in the first place?"

The two started walking, following close behind Tetsurou. Kai nodded his head. "I want him to use the most of his last night being free."

"You're right."

The two watched closely as Tetsurou talked animatedly with the stall owner. Morisuke sighed to himself. "Happy birthday, Tetsu, enjoy your night as much as you can."

Turning at them with a fried squid on his mouth, Tetsurou titled his head in confusion. "Hm? Did you say something, Yakkun?"

"Nothing," he laughed, "come on, pick up your pace. At this rate you won't be able to see every stall!"