Tachibana Makoto ~Happy Birthday!~

Prompt: Birthday

~~~~~~

"17th of November is Makoto's birthday."

Two pairs of eyes looked at him shocked, brain still trying to process the statement when one of them spoke. The unfinished assigment they are supposed to do suddenly became abondoned.

"Ha-Haru, you're kidding, right?"

The 14-year-old male shook his head and looked deep at each their eyes. He's serious. He's dead serious!

"I'm not joking. 17th of November is Makoto's birthday."

Shiina Asahi turned his head to Kirishima Ikuya. "What day is it?" He asked, his face turning color. "Thursday. 16th November." Ikuya answered shortly, but when he realized what he said he stood up really quick that the table almost fall and banged on it that the sound echoed through the empty classroom. "It's tomorrow! Haru why didn't you tell us sooner?"

The said male looked away, his unfinished assigment somehow looked more interesting than two panic stare he got. "I thought that you already know about it. But when the two of you didn't say anything the whole day I guess I have to tell it."

Asahi groaned, he ruffled his red locks and felt like screaming. "What should we do? We have to do something for him!" He turned to Haru, "Haru, what does Makoto like? A pet? A food? Give us some information!"

Haru looked away from his assigment, he closed his book and packed his things before stood up. "I forgot. I'll think something tonight." he said before walked to the door and left the two alone.

"Hey, you're done? Not fair wait for us!" Ikuya rushed to packed his stuff and ran to follow Haru.

"Hey! What about Makoto's birthday?"

(Asahi: Haruuuuuu you better have something on your mind rn

Haru: I actually do

Asahi: GOOD what is it?

Haru: I'm not really sure but...

Haru: we could give it a try)

*****

"Good morning, Ikuya, Asahi."

Tachibana Makoto's soft voice has always had a good side effect. It was so soft on the morning that you thought it would just bring you back to bed and forget the fact that you have school and study.

"M-morning, Makoto." But today wasn't the day.

Asahi's appearance was different than usual. He had eye bags under his eyes, unseen, but you'll be able to see it when you look it closer enough. His red locks wasn't styled like it used, it looked more like a wild red grass put at the top of his head. And not so different from him, Ikuya stood beside him trying to not fall asleep on their way to the classroom.

"Did you two slept well last night?" Makoto asked.

"No, we don't." The two said in unison and the olive haired male could just laugh at that.

Haru silently walking behind them, eyeing how Asahi looked more gentle holding his bag than before.

*****

"Are you sure this is gonna work?"

"We don't know until we try."

"Haru's right. It's now or never."

"What are you guys talking about?"

Asahi jumped in suprised when a familiar voice came from behind. He turned his head around and almost dropped his bag with something precious on it when Makoto looked at him.

"Ma-Makoto!"

"Yes, that's me. What's wrong Asahi? You act weird today." Makoto tilted his head in confusion.

"Eum, you know, there'a actually something to tell you but you know, eum.." Asahi looked at his two friends, asking for back up but Haru stayed silent and Ikuya gave him so mental support from the side.

"Go, Asahi, say it!"

"Arghh, you're not helping, Ikuya!"

Sighing in defeat, Asahi opened his bag wide and took a another black bag on it. He slowly pushed the bag to Makoto, and with pink dusted cheeks, he said, "Happy birthday, Makoto."

Makoto's eyes widened in suprise, he slowly took the bag from Asahi, "Th-thank you, Asahi."

He open the bag and went silent as he took out the actual present from it.

"Haru just told us yesterday that your birthday is today. We have no idea what to give and Haru suggest this."

Inside it, was a medium size jar filled with water, and two little goldfish swimming around together. "He said you like goldfish so me and Ikuya went out to find one."

"You don't have to, you know." Makot laughed, but his smile and eyes showed the three of them how thankful Makoto was. "Just give me ice cream and that would be enough."

"Well, we want to thank you for everything you done. So just accept it." Ikuya said.

"They were so panicked yesterday. Just accept it, Makoto." Haru continued.

Makoto smiled at them, "Thank you, Ikuya, Asahi, Haru."

Asahi smiled at him, "Then, let's go say it once again! One, two!"

"Happy Birthday, Makoto!"

They said as Makoto laughed happily.

~{>_<}~

Author's wish for Makoto: Makotoooooooo you are the only one from these three captains that doesn't has a manga nor a stage play. I hope you're getting one soon and I can't wait to see the third season of the anime next year! I'm so ready to listen to your voice once more

~Mizushima Sena