Glass Heart - Chapter Fourteen

"And this..." Hizashi said, pulling Izuku out of the car with them. "... is our house! Which is now your house!"

Izuku stood still for a minute, taking in everything. It looked like a regular building - and that's what surprised him the most. But in all honesty - it makes sense for heroes to try and seclude themselves. The building looked like an assortment of multiple flats - so it seems correct to assume that his... his future home... at least for a while... will be in a flat.

"A flat?" Izuku muttered.

"Yeah, we meant to eventually move into a proper house but... we never really got around to it. I hope you don't mind too much." Shouta replied, awkwardly scratching at his head.

"Ahh - no, not at all!" Izuku jumped, frantically waving his hands around. "I don't mind! I'm actually happy about living in a small, secluded area... it'll be quite peaceful."

Shouta smiled in return and ruffled Izuku's hair.

"Alright kid, let's show you around."

They stepped inside the building using the main front doors of the building. Inside was a few doors around the sides and a large staircase in the centre. Ignoring the other areas, Shouta began to climb the staircase, with Hizashi staying behind, with Izuku in the middle.

"We're on the sixth floor." Hizashi said, being careful to be quiet, not wanting to disturb his neighbours. "We've covered all the walls in soundproof fabric, but when we're in the main building we have to be quiet, okay?"

Hizashi placed a finger on his lips, and Izuku copied the motion, giggling slightly. Shouta sighed fondly.

"Come on, let's get inside." He said, opening the door to their flat. Izuku ran in, giggling, and Hizashi wrapped his arm around Shouta's waist, leaning in and kissing him on the cheek, before letting go and following Izuku inside.

Entering the room, Shouta sighed in relief and happily relaxed. It was nice to be back in his own home.

The house starts off with the living room, which you enter as soon as you walk through the front door, in front and to the right. To the left of the front door was a small kitchen, separated from the living room by a wall that was cut to act as a bar or table. Walking straight from the front door, past the living room, there's a small hallway leading to the bathroom on the left, Izuku's bedroom on the right, and Hizashi and Shouta's bedroom at the very end of the small hallway.

"Zashi, why don't you show Izuku to his room while I make us something to eat?" Shouta asked, while removing his shoes.

"NO!" Hizashi shouted, making Izuku jump and scramble slightly away. "Ahh, sorry little listener. But Shou..." Hizashi trailed off, stumbling into the kitchen in his rush to stop Shouta. "You know you can't cook!"

"I... I could probably pop something in the microwave..." Shouta mumbled in return.

"But this is little Izuku's first night here! We need to cook something special!" Hizashi replied, fanning Shouta away from the kitchen. "You show him around, and I'll cook something."

Once Shouta finally grumbled out an agreement, afraid of leaving Hizashi in the kitchen alone even with his good cooking abilities, Hizashi turned to Izuku.

"Hey little listener? Do you have any specific food preference? Anything you'd like me to pick for you?"

Izuku perked up, confused. "I... I get to choose?"

Shouta turned his attention away from Hizashi and towards Izuku. "Hey Izuku, what do you mean by that?"

"Oh!" Izuku waved his hand around again. "I, uhh... my father, well... I didn't get to eat very often. He... he would make himself food and if he had any spare he'd occasionally give me some. Of course if I had upset him that day he'd... he'd give me none... Most of the time I ate at school, with the nice dinner ladies giving me leftovers from the lunch rush."

"Kid..." Shouta sighed, placing a hand on Izuku's shoulder, and using his other hand to ruffle his hair. "We're not like your father."

"I - I never said you were! I'm sorry for insinuating it, I-"

"Kid it's okay, that's not what I meant! I meant that you could choose your meal if you'd like."

"O - Oh. I uhh, I think... I'd like... katsudon? I remember I used to eat that all the time with my parents before..." Izuku trailed off. Shouta and Hizashi glanced at each other, before Hizashi crouched next to Izuku alongside Shouta.

"Hey Izuku, it's all good. I can easily make you some awesome katsudon!" Hizashi said with a thumbs up. "While you're being given the grand tour, I'll start on the food. Shouldn't take too long."

Izuku's face lit up. "Ahh! Thank you!"

Shouta and Hizashi smiled as they stood up, Hizashi leaving to head to the kitchen, and Shouta taking Izuku's small hand in his, leading him through the rooms.

"So here is the bathroom, here is mine and Hizashi's bedroom - feel free to disturb us for any reason, alright? - and here is your bedroom."

"My... My bedroom?" Izuku mumbled, stepping forward. The last room he had was so... dirty. He didn't have much, and what he did have was eventually...

Well...

Some things were better left forgotten about.

"Izuku? Kid?"

"Ah! I'm sorry Shouta! I should've been paying more attention!"

"Kid, don't worry about it, I'm just glad you seem better." He crouched to ruffle Izuku's hair again and stood back up. "So, what do you think of the room?"

Izuku slowly walked around the room. There wasn't much in this room either, but that didn't matter to him. What did matter was the sense of safety the room gave him. The sense of comfort.

The sense of love.

He smiled.

"I love it."

Okay, Izuku finally made it back to their home! There will probably be a bit of shopping soon, and then maybe we'll get to some training. (finished writing on the 30th december)

There's a new update two days in a row! Must be a miracle lol - I'll see if I can keep it up. However I have work tomorrow, so you may have to wait until the usual Sunday for a new chapter now lol

Speaking of - I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! See you guys next time!

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊