Glass Heart - Chapter Fifty-Five

"Guys, please don't do this." Izuku said, waving his hands - protected with wool gloves - in surrender. Everyone he thought he trusted - Shoto, Hitoshi, Hizashi and Shouta stood before him, snowballs in their hands.

"This is for the coffee you hid two days ago." Shouta said, pummelling Izuku with the snowballs in his hands. Izuku squeaked and turned around, covering his face with his hands, his back and legs getting attacked by the cold snow.

Once Shouta had no more to throw, Hizashi stepped forward.

"Papa Zashi, no..." Izuku sighed, turning away again, and preparing himself.

"These are for the cat collar and lead you gave to Shouta yesterday." Hizashi said with a frown on his face. Shouta stifled a small laugh remembering that. Izuku had come down the stairs and passed Shouta two small boxes. One contained his missing coffee, and the other contained a cat collar with Hizashi's name written on it. It even had a tiny bell.

Izuku knew him well.

Shouta had forced Hizashi to wear it all day, since his own torment lasted a full 24 hours, so should Hizashi's. When Hizashi tried - multiple times - to remove it, Shouta's glare was so terrifying, he simply just stopped trying.

Izuku couldn't hold in his laughter, even while being hit by Hizashi's snowballs, and he laughed loudly, clutching at his sides.

Once Hizashi was done, Shoto stepped forward.

"This is for the shaving cream - and the future punishment I'm going to experience."

As Shoto hit Izuku with his snowballs - making more when his supply was getting low with his ice - he heard Hitoshi mutter: "Why does Shoto get to know his punishment in advance?"

As Shoto walked away and Hitoshi stepped up, his pile of snowballs by his feet, Izuku wondered what excuse he'd give to attack him.

"... I honestly just really wanna throw snowballs at your face." He said to Izuku with a wide grin.

"You're just like Kok-" Izuku went to tease Hitoshi, turning his face to look at his brother, but got cut off.

"Shut it." Hitoshi responded, throwing a snowball at Izuku, who couldn't turn his head away in time, getting smacked right in the face. The rest of his family whooped and cheered, as Izuku spun with shock and collapsed on his back, Hitoshi quickly running forward and throwing the rest of the snowballs on his chest and face.

A sudden crunch in the snow made Izuku sit up, and Hitoshi turn around.

"Guys, stay calm." Izuku told them all, as Katsuki approached. They remained silent but nodded - except Hizashi who quietly muttered he was going to make some hot chocolate for them all and darted away from the war zone. "I invited him here."

"H - Hey... Izuku..." Katsuki muttered, glancing from Izuku, to Hitoshi, to Shoto, to Shouta. He paused, recognising Shouta as the man he saw at the gates of his school a while ago, with Izuku. "You're... his dad?"

"One of them." Shouta responded coldly, his eyes darting back to the house. "I'll join Hizashi with making those hot chocolates."

"Kacchan likes his with marshmallows!" Izuku called, as Shouta walked off, Shouta raising a hand in response to show he heard. "So... everyone... what should we do? Make a snowman, an igloo, how about-"

He cut himself off, watching in horror as Shoto and Hitoshi attacked Katsuki with snowballs. They barely reached him, the anger rising within him melting most of the snowballs before they actually hit him, but to be honest... it was hilarious to watch.

"Okay then, snowball fight!" Izuku cheered, slightly concerned. "Are we doing teams, or-" He once again cut himself off, as Shoto and Hitoshi threw a large pile of snow in his direction. "I guess so."

Katsuki shoved a bunch of snowballs into Izuku's hands. "You're nimbler than me. You throw them, and I'll keep making them." He said, fierce determination in his eyes. Izuku nodded, deciding to aim for Hitoshi first, hitting him square in the face.

"Karma!" Izuku shouted with a smile, watching Hitoshi struggle to wipe the cold snow off his face. Shoto threw some snowballs back in return, and Katsuki let off a few contained explosions, to protect Izuku from the hardened cold.

"Thanks, Kacchan!" He called, throwing snow towards Shoto.

The game was on.

---TimeSkip---

All four of the boys panted with exhaustion, covered from head to toe in snow, ice, and water. They stumbled inside, and as each one of them entered, Shouta and Hizashi passed them a mug of hot chocolate. Izuku smiled slightly, noticing that Katsuki's one had extra marshmallows.

"How'd you know?" He heard Katsuki mutter as he brought the mug to his lips, staring in wonder at Shouta, who sarcastically responded by saying he's magic.

Izuku clicked on a Disney movie, snuggled next to Shoto on the couch, with Hitoshi and Katsuki sitting on the floor, and Shouta and Hizashi sitting on the other couch. Izuku knew they were mostly dealing with Katsuki for his benefit... but they'd be lying if they said their snowball fight wasn't fun, and that they still completely hated Katsuki.

Izuku sighed, burying himself further into Shoto, who voiced no complaints.

His family seemed to grow larger every day.

Hi everyone! I'm publishing a bit early today, haha!

I'll try to publish another chapter later tonight before bed. I wanna try and publish three chapters today, because I have work tomorrow morning, and therefore won't be able to publish a chapter tomorrow morning, like I normally do.

Hey, everyone's starting to get along with Katsuki! Who knew snowball fights could bring so many people together? I've never been able to participate in snowball fights before, but I hope too someday! I'll put it on my bucket list, haha!

Anyways, next chapter should be Christmas day, and step one of Izuku's prank on Hitoshi and Shoto. Hope you're looking forward to it! There was another hint in this chapter, but it's a bit harder to spot than the other hints I've been giving. So far, only one person has guessed the game franchise this prank is based on, and they haven't been able to guess the characters. I guess we'll see if anyone gets them!

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊