Glass Heart - Chapter Sixty-Eight

Dabi sighed, reaching into his pocket, and pulling out his phone, as he felt it buzz. Another message from Shoto. They'd been talking to each other for a while, even sharing personal information with one another.

Dabi felt happy at being able to get to know his younger brother better.

There still remained restrictions - they never outwardly confirmed these rules, but when chatting Dabi never talked about the LoV, and Shoto never talked about his dad. He didn't really talk about many people in general - most of the time he just texted about that green haired boy Toga took an infatuation to.

He glanced at the message.

Hey Dabi - guess what?

You're not the sort of person who'd make me guess

Has someone stolen your phone?

No

Just guess!

Uhh... you started a emo rock band?

...

That's in June

And no

Wow Shoto can joke, huh?

So what is it then?

I'm in a relationship!

Wow, congrats!

Who's the lucky person, eh?

Umm

It's a boy

Yeah?

That doesn't matter to me.

Oh!

Well he's Izuku - the green haired boy?

Oh that one

I'll try to keep that a secret from the others

What do you mean?

Toga has a bit of a... stalkerish, yandere personality

If you follow that metaphor then her 'senpai' or whatever the f you'd call it

Is Izuku.

Oh

That's not good.

Yeah

I'll keep it a secret though.

As long as he makes you happy then I'm happy for you!

He does.

Thanks!

I have to go, Izuku wants me to team with him for Pictionary

Bye Dabi!

Dabi stared at his phone for a few minutes after their conversation ended. That green haired kid... was the purple haired kid's brother, wasn't he?

"Toga." He called over to her, and she jumped back into the room. "Are you still... going ahead on that plan?"

"Of course!" She replied, holding a small red vial. "It's been in the works for a few years now - if we wait for another year and a half then we'd be able to get so close to-"

"Shh!" Dabi reminded her, glancing around. Even if it was their base, they could never be too careful. "But... you're really going ahead with this?"

"... yeah?" Toga replied, her expression turning confused. "Why wouldn't I? Are you alright?" She took a step closer to him, and he took a step back. "I'm not going to hurt that duel wielding candy-cane kid, don't worry."

Dabi looked away, sighing. "Or the green haired kid."

"What?"

"Don't hurt the green haired kid. Izuku."

"Oh, the broccoli kid!" Toga shrieked, laughing at her own joke. "Ahh, broccoli you... you know? He's green and..." She awkwardly coughed. "Anyway. Look I made an exception for this weird kid you're obsessed with, but Izu is mine. Got it?"

Dabi looked away. This 'Izuku' is the kid that's made Shoto so happy. Is Toga hurts him, then she hurts Shoto. "Just... don't hurt him either." He decided to give her a bit of extra freedom. "I mean, don't kidnap him, and don't seriously maim him, and don't kill him. Okay? It's important."

"Important, huh?..." She said, trailing off in thought. Dabi internally crossed his fingers as she thought. He didn't want to have to attack her in order to stop her future plans. "Alright. I guess if I can still slightly harm him then... it's fine."

Dabi sighed, placing a hand on his chest. "Thank God." He muttered. Toga gave him another confused expression before leaving, and Dabi slumped in one of the chairs, raising his hands to his head. Why did Shoto have to make his life so confusing?

Back at Izuku's house, Shoto sneezed three times in a row, making Izuku laugh while passing him a tissue.

Hi everyone! Okay, next chapter should be the time skip. If I've forgotten anything important then I guess that'll be next chapter, but I'm pretty sure I've written everything that I need to for before the time skip.

There's not as much TodoDeku as planned, but there's a couple small bits so there XD

I'm sorry I didn't update last night, my friends were forcing me to sleep and I had a really bad headache because of how tired I was so I was struggling to focus on the chapter. I'm also sorry for the chapter being kinda small - I mean it isn't small in size but it is mostly a text conversation, so... yeah.

I'll try to make the next chapters more entertaining!!

Looking forward to seeing you guys again soon!

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊