Glass Heart - Chapter Fifty-Six

"HITOSHI WAKE- huh?" Izuku paused, seeing Hitoshi was already awake, and sitting upright on the edge of his bed, waiting for Izuku to head to his door and wake him up. "Oh, you're already awake?" Izuku glanced at the clock. "It's... 5:30am... I mean I did try to give you a bit of a lie in, but I did genuinely think you'd be asleep still..."

He pouted. "There goes my fun morning plans..." He turned to Hitoshi, slight concern in his eyes. "Hey, how come you're up so early?"

"Because I couldn't sleep." Hitoshi grumbled. "No thanks to you. I woke up around 3am, and I couldn't get back to sleep - I just kept imagining what horrid prank you have in store for me."

"Well it's Christmas, so I'll give you a hint." Izuku leaned in. "It's not a prank - it's a play."

"... you're joking."

"Nope!" Izuku threw his arms up towards the sky, a wide smile on his face. "A play with you, me and Sho in it - it's for Dad and Papa Zashi!"

"... how did Shoto agree to this?"

"I asked him?"

"... I should've realised sooner that it was mutual." Hitoshi muttered under his breath. Izuku turned to him, confused, and Hitoshi waved him off. "What's the play... no." He sighed. "I already know what it's about."

Izuku's grin grew wider. "You might want to replay the game in order to understand the character you're playing."

Hitoshi sighed, and smacked his face gently with his hand. "Don't tell me it's-"

"Yep."

"Damn it."

Izuku chucked a small present at Hitoshi, giggling. "The play is tomorrow. Don't worry, I'll be nice for the rest of Christmas Day. See you later, Hito!"

"Bye Izu..." Hitoshi muttered. Once Izuku left he sighed, and began to open the gift, not really considering it to be a gift. He carefully removed the item inside - a long white coat, shirt, attachable chain, trousers, shoes, and a black and white checked scarf.

He sighed once again, feeling as if sighing was a part of his new daily ritual. "Damn it Izuku..."

He heard a faint cry of laughter from the room next door, and tapping on the wall, as to not wake Shouta and Hizashi. Hitoshi, accustomed in morse code, carefully listened in.

Don't worry! Shoto has it worse!

Hitoshi honestly really doubted it. But if it was true...

He really pitied Shoto.

---TimeSkip---

"I'm here." Shoto said, entering the house with a smile. Izuku ran into his arms, and directed him to the table in the kitchen, where Shouta, Hizashi and Hitoshi already sat. "Wasn't too hard to get away, we don't normally have Christmas Dinner at our home."

Izuku frowned at that, quickly replaced it with a smile, and pulled out a cracker. "Sho, Sho! Pull this cracker with me!" They both pulled it, Shoto deliberately not putting in too much effort, and smiled when Izuku won the tug of war match. He quickly pulled on his paper hat, read off the joke inside, making everyone at the table chuckle, and passed the small keychain inside to Shoto, as a gift.

Shoto smiled in return, accepting the gift. He glanced at it curiously, before putting it into his pocket. The keychain had a Christmas tree on it, and Shoto wished he had one like that in his own home.

Shouta and Hizashi started serving them all Christmas dinner, and Hitoshi turned to Shoto. "Did Izuku really talk to you about the play? I don't really know much about it yet." His eyes widened when Shoto nodded. "Seriously? Do you think you've got a worse situation than me in it?"

Shoto held his chin in his hands, thinking to himself. "No. But only because I willingly agreed to this - after researching on mine and Izuku's characters we're playing as, I realised they have... a strong connection in universe. And besides, it'd be nice to see Izuku in clothes other than green!"

"Wait, Izuku's not Ranta-"

"Don't spoil it for Dad and Papa Zashi!" Izuku said, interrupting Hitoshi. Their parents cleverly chose to remain silent and continue eating, not wanting to suffer another one of Izuku's pranks.

"But..." Shoto continued. "If you had to pick between my character and yours, you would choose the character you already have."

"Wha... really??" Hitoshi couldn't believe that.

His face whitened, when Shoto removed the shaving cream Izuku had given him from his pocket and showed it to Hitoshi.

"Believe it."

After that, everyone settled down, and no more talk of Hitoshi's upcoming nightmare was mentioned for the rest of the evening. As everyone ate, played board games and watched movies until late into the night together, Shoto glanced at everyone in the room with an odd feeling of warmth in his chest.

Is this... what it's like to have a loving family?

Hiya! My update was quicker than I thought I'd write it - I'm still two hours ahead! Please remember that I have work tomorrow morning, so I won't be able to post another chapter for about 24 hours starting from now.

Okay, if you couldn't figure it out NOW, after Hitoshi revealed his character's costume, you're probably not gonna get it XD

Next chapter is going to be the play. I'm sorry there wasn't much focus on the actual Christmas day itself, but I'm not good at writing scenes like that without making it boring. I might mention some of the gifts given to each other in later chapters - and Shoto and Izuku's gift giving hasn't happened yet, that'll be later.

I actually have no idea what the play will entail yet. I was planning for it to be basically a scene from the actual game, but I realised that'd spoil everyone, so I gotta come up with something original! Hopefully it turns out well, I guess we'll see.

Oh, I just... okay I just came up with an additional idea hahahahahahahaha - this is gonna be great XD

Hope you guys are excited for it!

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊