Glass Heart - Chapter Ten

"Okay let's try this again." Tsukauchi said, a voice recorder in his hand and Izuku sitting opposite him. He placed the recorder in the centre of the table and switched it on. With a sharp static-like sound, the gadget came to life and began recording.

"Parental case of Midoriya Izuku. Tsukauchi, Midoriya, Yamada, Aizawa." Tsukauchi said, listing off the people in the room with him. As Izuku started to shake, Shouta grasped his left hand, and Yamada grasped his right.

"Do you, Izuku Midoriya, consent to this recording and to participate in this interview?"

Izuku took a deep breath, and felt the hands encircling his own tighten, silently showing support. He can do this.

"Yes."

"Okay. Let's begin."

---TimeSkip---

"You asked to see me, Sir?"

"Yes."

The small mammal slowly approached the skeletal man.

"Tea?"

"No thank you."

The mammal lifted his own cup to his lips and took a small sip. He paused and started the conversation that he had planned to have with the man sitting before him.

"Your fight was almost a year ago, and I've been able to feel your decline in prosperity. I know you don't want to, but you must choose someone new. Someone bright: to carry on the torch of hope."

"I - It can wait! I've got at least another decade in me yet! I know I can-"

"Yagi."

"..."

"You know as well as I do that you're deteriorating. You need a successor."

Yagi frustratedly turned his head away from Nezu.

"I - I know! I just... need to find the right person. I need someone fairly young, so they can develop the quirk with little to no suspicion. I need them to be passionate, and most importantly I need to make sure they'll be able to become the Symbol of Peace that society needs."

Nezu paused, a bubble of green appearing in his head, a consideration for sure.

But not for today.

"Well Yagi, I wish you luck with your endeavours. I would offer you a teaching job, but I'm afraid I already know your answer."

Yagi smiled sadly.

"Yes. I'm sorry Sir, but while there are people I can save, I can't remain here."

"I know."

Nezu placed his cup back on the dainty saucer lying on the table and begun to clear away the chess set used the previous night.

"If you'll forgive me for asking - who had the courage to play against you, Sir?" Yagi asked, a small chuckle escaping his throat.

"A child."

The chuckle soon died.

"A - a child?"

"Yes, a nine year old boy, I believe. Had never played before but caught onto the rules fairly quickly. His moves were unexpected and surprising, especially considering he fell into none of the traps I laid out for him - as well as dodging all the holes that new players often fall into." Nezu smiled, picking up a pawn piece. "Right now he's small and has only caught onto the basics, but it was one of the most thrilling games I've ever played. I look forward to the day he becomes the queen piece."

"The - the queen piece? Not the king?"

"While the king is the most important piece, it's also fairly limited. Izuku would most likely be the queen - the unstoppable force to protect those he values most of all." Nezu carefully put the pawn piece back on the board and stretched his paw over to grab the queen. "And while the king is the most important piece, the queen is the most valued."

"Izuku... That's his name?"

"Yes. Izuku Midoriya."

"I see..."

Yagi turned, looking at the board. Nezu had placed the queen back on the board, middle and centre, protecting all the pieces behind it, attacking all the pieces in front of it.

It looked inspiring.

Hi guys! It's me again lol. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Now All Might is here too! And don't worry, the interview should be the next chapter I write. I did not mean to draw it out for so long, haha. I also planned for more scenes of Izuku and his dad, but I just didn't end up writing them. Oh well, I'm certain I'll end up writing some violent interactions between Izuku and his dad, although right now I'm not sure whether it'd be in a flashback or in real time... I guess we'll see.

ALSO! This is kind of a weird thing to ask, but I recently got into the Danganrompa games (have only watched - let's plays - first two games) and I really want to write a fanfiction of Danganrompa 2. I wanted to ask everyone's thoughts on it? If I did, I'd have to stop giving MHA an uploading schedule, or it'd update every second Sunday or something. I have the entirety of both Glass Heart and New Hope (New Hope would be the title for the Danganrompa fanfic) planned and written down, but I have no idea how long they'd each be. I'm certain they'd both be long stories though, with MHA probably being longer than Danganrompa. And the story would be centred around Hajime and Nagito, if anyone was wondering.

Lastly! I'll do my best, but Sunday the 3rd and Sunday the 10th may not have any updates. I am a school student, and I have extremely important exams on those two weeks and need those weekends to revise. I will also be revising over the Christmas holiday, but I should be able to publish a new chapter next week, so don't worry.

I have a plan to write every evening after I finish studying over the Christmas holidays - so if I've written two chapters for those two weeks I may be on hiatus (cross fingers I don't go on hiatus) then I wont have to go on hiatus. And if I write any extra chapters after the two I hope to write then I'll publish on the same day as I finish writing, whether it's a Sunday or not.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I may end up having to go on hiatus, OR I'll flip it around and actually end up publishing MORE over the holidays. Wouldn't that be cool? 😉

Anyways, sorry for the long note at the end here. I hope you guys have a great Christmas!!

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊