Glass Heart - Chapter Thirty-Seven

Deku jumped from rooftop to rooftop, feeling the wind blow against his hood and fabric ears. He breathed in, enjoying the journey, noting that currently there were no citizens in danger in his patrolling section.

Shou - Eraserhead - had swapped patrolling sections with him for this shift. He didn't give a reason for the change, but Hitoshi did pass him a large warm coffee before he left so... maybe Hitoshi bribed him? But... why?

Suddenly a building caught his eye. It was large and old, with ivy creeping up one of the edges. Izuku found himself captivated by the plant and followed it with his eyes. It eventually led him to a window.

"Huh...? Shoto?" Deku muttered, as he spotted the unique hair colour of the boy he'd recently befriended. It was lucky he had his hood on, otherwise Shoto might have spotted his red face.

Deku turned around to leave. He told himself beforehand that if he saw Shoto, he wouldn't talk to him as Deku. It'd be too-

...

Damn it.

Swiftly, Deku launched off the rooftop and turned mid-air, solidly landing on Shoto's windowsill without making a sound. Shoto glanced upwards, and quickly unlocked the window for Deku to climb in.

"H - Hey... You're Deku right?" Shoto muttered, wiping at his face with his hands.

"Y - Y - Yeah, I am." Deku stammered, trying to get his emotions under control. "You're... Shoto Todoroki?"

Shoto glanced at him. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

Deku sighed. "Nothing, really. I just, uhh, tend to make... checkups on the, umm... civilians I'm protecting during my patrol." Damn it, I can't believe I'm actually using the excuse Hitoshi gave me... "To make sure they're not in any... danger behind closed doors, you know?"

Shoto's eyes flashed. "Danger... behind closed doors?"

"Y - Yeah." Deku replied, confused at Shoto's strange reaction. "Are you-"

A sudden rumbling sound became apparent, interrupting their conversation. Deku glanced towards the sound - Shoto's stomach.

"O - Oh, are you hungry?" He asked.

"A little..." Shoto replied, turning his head away in embarrassment. "I'm sorry for the noise, I'm normally able to manage-" As he was talking, he turned back around, but Deku had already vanished. Shoto sighed, and began to move away from the window, when he heard a small 'THUD' and turned back around.

A little out of breath, Deku tumbled into the room, a small bag clutched in his hand. "H - Hey... Todoroki... I got... some food..."

"Are you alright??" Shoto asked, concerned. Deku nodded silently, trying to recover from all the sprinting he did - there annoyingly wasn't any shops near Shoto's house - and passed Shoto the bag.

"I'm sorry... it's not hot food or anything... I went to the nearest convenience store..." Deku gasped, as Shoto took the bag from him and reached inside. He carefully removed the item: a small pack of mochi.

"Oh! It's mochi." Shoto said, examining the box.

"Ahh, I'm sorry if you don't like mochi! I wasn't sure what to get you..."

"Mochi's fine." Shoto said, taking one out of the pack and popping it into his mouth. He passed the pack to Deku. "Do you want one?"

"Ah - n - no! It's okay, really!" Deku replied, face heating up again - once again thankful he's wearing a hood to cover it. "Umm so... if I bring you food like this more often, I should know what your favourite food it, right?"

Shoto glanced away, pondering the question. "I guess... I like soba? Either hot or cold, doesn't matter to me."

"Alright!" Deku replied cheerfully, committing that knowledge to memory. "I guess I should leave you be now... I should be on patrol."

Shoto nodded, and Deku headed back to the window. "Hey, Deku?" Shoto called, and Deku turned back around.

"Y - Yeah?"

Shoto smiled. "Thanks."

If it was possible at that point, Izuku's face got even brighter. "A - Anytime!" He squeaked, and practically dove out of the window in embarrassment.

Shoto...

New chapter is out! I want next chapter to be focused more on plot, but there may be some TodoDeku thrown in it - maybe another talk with Hitoshi and Izuku, who knows XD

I'm not entirely sure what I'll write next chapter, but we'll see! Either way, I'm excited to write it, and I hope you guys are looking forward to reading it.

Also - thank you all for your support! I woke up this morning - about an hour ago - and when I checked wattpad I had 145 notifications XD

You guys are so kind and sweet, it really helps keep me motivated to write. You guys are the best!!! I cant wait to see you all again soon with my next chapter.

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊