Glass Heart - Chapter Sixty-Nine

Izuku - at the moment Deku - stood tall with his mask on, and a wide grin on his face. As his first duty as teacher of UA, he had to help with the entrance exam. As he and the majority of teachers and paid actors got ready, he nodded gently at Shouta and Hizashi as they headed to host the entrance exams and sent the group chat a good luck message.

WTF is this chat?

Zuwu: Good luck everyone!

XplodyBoi: Whatever Izuku, I don't need your luck.

XplodyBoi: Good luck to you too.

Eyebags4Days: We'll do our best Izu!

Frostbite: Thanks, Zuku, we will.

Frostbite: We should really change the group chat's name.

Eyebags4Days: We should. Who named it to THAT?

XplodyBoi: Shut up! I didn't know what the chat was at the time!

Zuwu changed the group chat's name to Future UA Heroes!

XplodyBoi: Yeah yeah, whatever Izuku.

XplodyBoi: You better all make it into UA so I can beat you all and be number one!

Zuwu: You got it, Kacchan!

Zuwu: Oh I have to go, see you guys later!

Izuku turned his phone off and put it in his locker as some of the other teachers called him over to join them. While Hitoshi and Shoto did know about Izuku being a hero, Katsuki didn't, so Izuku would have to do his best to keep him from realising that.

Izuku tightened the straps on his shoes with a sharp tug and stood up.

He was going to make this entrance exam the best one yet.

---TimeSkip---

Shoto, Hitoshi and Katsuki walked past the gates of UA together. Katsuki's steps were confident, Shoto's was refined, and Hitoshi's were anxious. Shoto split away from them to go to the smaller exam for recommended students, and Hitoshi and Katsuki headed to the regular exam room.

While normally when it was just Hitoshi, Shoto, Izuku and Katsuki, even when it's just his class, or when he's protecting Izuku (Shoto and Katsuki didn't care about anyone else so they didn't normally need protecting), Hitoshi acted extrovertedly and outwardly, but when he's in front of a bunch of strangers, right before an important exam, he felt tense and uneasy.

Thankfully because he and Katsuki went to the same school, they had seats next to each other. Katsuki growled dangerously at anyone who seemed to be considering approaching the two of them, and very quickly they were both left alone.

"Thanks, Katsuki." Hitoshi muttered quietly. He didn't like owing Katsuki anything, but he'd accept his help this one time - he didn't want to talk to anyone and would even allow himself to owe Katsuki to make that happen. His nerves were already at insanely high rates, he didn't need social interaction to make it worse.

Katsuki grunted in response, and his attention shifted to the seats next to them - where their classmates would be sitting if anyone besides them actually tried to enter the hero course at UA. Cowards.

"Izuku really is trying for the support course then?" He said roughly, not entirely happy about it. Hitoshi shifted in his seat uncomfortably. To make sure Katsuki didn't suspect anything, the three of them told Katsuki that Izuku was aiming to get into the support course - which was fine, because that was the firm lie for media anyway - and Katsuki didn't take the news well to begin with.

He had screamed that Izuku needed to become a hero like them, that Izuku was destined for greatness. Izuku screamed in return, and that was when Hitoshi and Shoto had run away. Shouta later came to separate the two of them - it was fairly easy since neither of them had attacked one another - but Katsuki didn't get over it for a while.

"You know he is, Katsuki." Hitoshi sighed, trying to get away from the conversation.

"Izuku... he could be such a great hero. I... I thought that was his dream..." Katsuki muttered. Hitoshi glanced at him in confusion as he continued. "When we reconciled I... I thought I hadn't ruined it, but..."

"W - What?" Hitoshi turned his entire body around in his seat to face Katsuki. "Y - What are you-"

"WELCOME EXAMINEES!" Present Mic yelled. "AND WELCOME TO..."

"THE UA PRACTICAL ENTRANCE EXAM!"

Hi everyone! Yep, the time skip is now upon us XD

Now you all know Katsuki cares about Izuku becoming a hero!... If you didn't know that already haha XD

The next chapter should be on the entrance exam. Look forward to it!

By the way, as always on Saturday mornings, I have work so I can't post anything tomorrow morning as I'll be getting ready. However I'll do my best to post as soon as I arrive back home after my shift.

See you guys then!

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊