Glass Heart - Chapter Forty-Four

Shoto stood in front of Izuku defensively, glancing around the room for the apparent 'Dabi' and 'Shiggy' to arrive. Thinking back on when he was attacked, he already knew who Dabi was, and assumed the blue haired man was called 'Shiggy', as he doubted the purple mist man would want to be called something like that.

Speaking of purple mist...

A swirl of purple mist appeared in the living room, and the blonde haired girl - Toga, he remembered Shouta saying - cheered in delight. Shouta immediately turned to the mist and activated his quirk, but he was just too late. Shiggy and Dabi exited the portal. However, the portal shimmered and glitched, before completely disappearing, Shouta's quirk probably working on him.

"Crap. There goes our ride." Shiggy said, scratching at his neck. "Go melt Toga, I'll deal with the others. This might be our only chance to capture Eraserhead."

Dabi nodded. "Just remember what I said."

"Yeah, yeah, no one hurts the peppermint boy, I know. I don't even know why he's here, I thought he'd be knocked out for longer..." Shiggy said, confusing Shoto. Why couldn't he be hurt? And Shiggy thought he'd be knocked out for longer? But before, Dabi had checked on him, and Shoto was certain that Dabi recognised he was still awake...?

Shoto pushed that thought away. He could think about that later.

Right now they had a fight to win.

---TimeSkip---

Izuku was scared.

More scared than he had ever been in his life. Not even the box could top this - this fear that all his loved ones would die. And yet... all he could do was sit on the ground, frozen in fear, as Dabi broke Toga out from her frozen prison, and Shiggy - Izuku was fairly certain his name wasn't Shiggy, but he had no alternate names to call him - attacked Shouta and Shoto. For someone who looked half dead, Shiggy was quick on his feet.

Izuku's head whipped between his loved ones - Shoto, Hitoshi, Shouta. He also cares about Hizashi, but he wasn't there - still outside. At this point, Izuku can only assume something must've happened to him. Hitoshi wasn't fairing well either - his quirk wasn't really an offensive one that he could rely on, so while Shoto protected Izuku, Shouta protected Hitoshi.

Toga, now free, made a wild dash for Izuku, who could do nothing but watch, in frozen fear. Shoto quickly jumped in between them and blasted her away with a torrent of ice. "Izuku!" He shouted, unable to turn his back on the enemy. "Are you alright?"

"Y - Yes!" Izuku said in reply, starting to realise their situation, and fully calming down. He turned to his left and spotted Luna hiding in the corner of the room with her squeaky mouse toy. "Hey, come here, girl." Izuku called, and Luna ran into his arms.

While everyone was fighting, Izuku slipped out unnoticed, and ran up to his room, dropping Luna down there, and getting changed into his hero costume. Glancing out of his window, he saw an unconscious, slightly burned, Hizashi. He seemed alright, but Izuku jumped out of his window - rolling at contact with the ground to insure little to no injury - and checked his pulse, sighing in relief when he felt it as strong as ever.

He carefully picked up Hizashi, a difficult feat but luckily his training, and Hizashi's small body, made it barely possible for him to lift up his parent and jump back up to his window, using a nearby tree to help with his scaling. He carefully sat Hizashi against his bed, and Luna jumped onto Hizashi's lap, attempting to warm him up.

Izuku smiled at the pair, and then turned to face the door. He placed his hand on the doorknob...

... and hesitated.

Is this... should he really go back down there? He's quirkless... what could he do against such scary opponents? Would he actually end up helping... or would he just get in the way?

Izuku realised the choice he made here, could affect the rest of his life. He felt time slow down, practically come to a stop, as he carefully thought through his options.

Should he run...?

Or should he fight...?

His breathing got deeper and quicker, as he struggled to make his choice. He could leave right now, run to a police station, get some help! But that would mean abandoning his family. He's a hero! He should help! He should...

His hand subconsciously raised to brush against his neck, the affects of earlier still not completely gone yet. He... he would just get in the-

Suddenly a loud scream could be heard from downstairs - Hitoshi.

And Izuku moved before he could think.

"Hitoshi!" He screamed. "I'll save you!"

New chapter!! Hope you all enjoyed reading!

Izuku seems to have finally broken out of his fear, and now it seems like Hitoshi is in trouble. Next chapter should be continuing this, and it should hopefully be the last chapter of the attack, as after it should move back to the main plot.

And now you know - they're after Eraserhead! The reason isn't explained, and I probably won't end up explaining it here as... well... I'll need it later :D

Anyways, hope you enjoyed, and I'll see you all again soon!

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊