Glass Heart - Chapter Seventy-Five

Deku kept his eye on Kaminari and Jirou as class 1A separated to get their own hero costumes. Hitoshi - who had to admit he was Shouta's son because of the same last name - was being swarmed by students who wanted interesting Shouta stories, and he was smiling at them not - happy they didn't seem to care about his quirk.

He watched as the two of them continued to blush at one another, Hitoshi completely oblivious to it. His hissed slightly under his breath as the two of them held hands as they walked down the corridor towards the changing rooms - they were almost certainly dating.

Should he tell Hitoshi? He didn't want to break his heart, it was clear Hitoshi had a crush on Kaminari... Izuku shook his head. Right now he was Deku - not Izuku Aizawa. He could worry about telling Hitoshi after the school day is over.

He followed Shouta to the training grounds and waited calmly for the students to arrive. As they each arrived one by one, Izuku noted small problems with each of his students' costumes. Ochako's was too tight, Yaoyorozu seemed uncomfortable with the amount of exposure she had, and Hagakure... wasn't wearing any clothes. Would it have killed the support course to have wound some fibres of her DNA into her clothing so she could have some actual decency?

What caught his attention next, was how one of his students - a short midget with purple hair - was eyeing up these girls in particular - his eyes rolling over every uncomfortable and tight curve that made the girls flinch in fear and Izuku growl in disgust.

He mentioned it to Shouta, and his eyes sharpened, zooming in on the failure of a student that had somehow entered his classroom. After he expelled his entire class last year, Nezu had made him promise he was more careful with his expulsion this year. Which meant he had to actually give the kid a chance.

"The person who comes in last in this test will be expelled." He said darkly, throwing a stare at the kid - Mineta - who's face paled in fear. Murmurs flew around the class, and someone must've brought up him expelling his entire class last year because now Mineta looks even more scared than before.

Good.

While Shouta was running the exam, Izuku kept an eye on Mineta, and kept him separate from the girls, who shot thankful glances at him, and made occasional conversation with him while the exams were going on. At first, both he and Shouta were confident Mineta would be going home, but after his... above average score at the side steps, their confidence waned.

And it all crashed down when it was revealed that Hagakure was in last place. Shouta sighed, and then said that the exam was a logical ruse, and that no one was being expelled. Hagakure had tried hard, and while Shouta could see clear room for improvement, she was also adaptable, determined, and would become a great hero, if given the correct guidance.

Her quirk was more powerful than you'd expect - her invisibility makes her immune to most quirks that require eye contact, or something similar. His own quirk didn't work on her - as he had no way of being able to maintain eye contact with her.

... he just had to try and find another way to expel Mineta.

---TimeSkip---

Izuku carried new costume designs for his students to his support class. As Izuku Aizawa, he carefully entered his classroom, nodded timidly at the students, and began work on the new designs.

"Hey, late student!" A girl with bright pink hair called, popping suddenly into his vision. He gasped in surprised, stumbling back and jolting against the table. He remembered Power Loader talking about this girl with fear in his tone - Izuku could never forget the name that had made someone like Majima cry.

"You're... Mei Hatsume right?"

Mei nodded, eyes shining. "The one and only support prodigy!"

A blonde girl lifted her head.

"The one and only... support prodigy?" Izuku repeated.

"Yep! How about you pass me your designs, I could see how to improve them if you want!" She was persistent, eyes joyful but slightly narrowed, as if daring Izuku to say no. He gulped and tried to stammer out a kind rejection response, not being able to show her designs of other student's costumes - he'd have to explain how he got them to begin with that way. He couldn't tell Mei he was a hero!

His mind whirled with thoughts of what if Mei knew he was Deku - blackmail, being forced to take her weapons out on patrol with him, raging fires... He shivered, trying to black out the idea.

The blonde girl darted forward a few steps.

"Ah, Hatsume-"

"Mei."

"M - Mei... I really appreciate the offer, but-"

"But?"

"B - But I..."

A hand clasped down on his shoulder.

"He can't. He's showing his ideas to me."

Izuku turned his head up to look at his saviour, a confused expression on his face. Who was this person? Not that he didn't appreciate their help! He certainly did, but he had no idea who-

She flicked her golden hair and smiled warmly at him

"Hi! I'm Melissa Shield."

Hi everyone! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Okay, so I wanted to say - I'm decreasing the uploading schedule for this book, down from two chapters a day to one chapter a day, if that's okay. I've just been getting really stressed lately and after chatting to family and friends they've literally all been telling me the same thing - to cut back on my schedule a bit. So I'm going to try that and see if it helps.

Melissa and Mei are here! You might be wondering why Melissa is here (she's from MHA movie, Two Heroes), and don't worry! I explain it later.

And don't get annoyed for Izuku not telling Hitoshi, he did promise Nezu to keep his hero life and civilian life separate from one another, and also he thinks it'd be better to tell in the comfort, safety and privacy of their own home.

I hope you're looking forward to next chapter!

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊