Glass Heart - Chapter Forty

"Hey, Hizashi." Shouta called over, while Izuku and Hitoshi were upstairs and happily distracted. Shouta's voice persuading him this is serious, Hizashi walked into the kitchen. Shouta looked serious.

"Yeah, Shou? What's the matter?" Hizashi asked, a worried expression on his face. Shouta passed him three files, and Hizashi leaned in to take a closer look at them.

"Who are... who are these? Aren't they... kids?"

Shouta turned away. "You wanted to know what I've been doing on my most recent patrols, right? I've been keeping an eye on these three individuals." Shouta sighed deeply, trying to calm himself.

"Those three I've seen travel between these strange purple portals... and whenever we've spotted one kid, there's almost always another body nearby. I'm worried they're living on the streets."

"The streets? Have you tried contacting them?" Hizashi asked, worried for the homeless kids.

"I tried to approach them once, but..." He paused and breathed in deeply once again, slight fear in his gaze. "They're only kids, but... ever since then, they... haven't left me alone."

"W... What do you mean?" Hizashi's hands began to shake. Shouta covered Hizashi's hands with his own to try and help him calm down, but with his own hands shaking so much, it only caused the frightening movements to worsen.

"They're... they're only kids, but... they're deadly."

Hizashi felt his blood freeze.

"D... Deadly?"

Shouta nodded. "I don't know their quirks, but... they have a really threatening aura around them."

"So then why are you still after them?!" Hizashi whispered loudly, as to not disturb Izuku and Hitoshi. "What if they..."

"They won't Hizashi, I'll be fine." Shouta replied in a harsh but comforting manner. "And besides... they're kids. They need someone to help them, to take care of them-"

"For once, I'm going to be the one to say it." Hizashi interrupted firmly, glaring at Shouta. "You're too naïve."

"I... wha?" Out of everyone in the world - Hizashi was telling him he was too naïve? Hizashi? "Zashi it's not that, it's just... they deserve a bright future too."

Hizashi sighed, looking away. "You told me there's almost always a body nearby after you spot them... are you sure they aren't just killers?"

"Honestly? I think they are." Shouta replied, glancing at Hizashi, and then turning his head back away.

"And that's what makes me so afraid."

---TimeSkip---

Shoto crept carefully out of his bedroom window, and stealthily dropped onto the soft grass. He doubted anyone in his family would come looking for him, and if they did, then well... he could just say he was at the park or library.

He was finally going to visit Izuku! He was so excited, he just hoped everyone in Izuku's family liked him. It would be nice to have adults in his life that he could rely on.

Shoto shook the thought out of his head. He had other important things to focus on.

But then...

As he strolled along, he heard a small clattering noise. It was so sharp, sudden but quick, that it caught his attention. He quickly sent a text to Izuku saying he might be late, but was on his way, and then pocketed the phone, and went to investigate the noise.

"Hey kid. What's someone like you doing here?"

Hey everyone. This is a small chapter because I'm really tired, but I hope you guys don't mind too much. I hope you all enjoyed reading it nonetheless. Also! Thank you for 10K views! That's amazing!

... and just to confirm, don't worry. Izuku will NOT become a villain.

I'll explain more next chapter because I don't want to spoil, but lets just say that this was... a last minute development. As in, half of the next chapter is already written and I scrapped it because of this. XD

I hope you all look forward to the changed chapter that'll be out tomorrow.

Anyways, see you all then!

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊