Glass Heart - Chapter Eleven

"Please answer every question as honestly as possible. You are allowed to refuse to answer questions, but please do your best to answer as many as you can."

"Okay."

"What is your name?"

"Izuku Midoriya."

True.

"How old are you?"

"Nine years old."

True.

"What is your quirk?"

"I'm quirkless..."

Tsukauchi ignored the pang in his chest from Izuku's eyes starting to water as the word true rings in his head, and simply passes him a tissue and gives Shouta a small bottle of water to help Izuku drink.

"Midoriya, if you want to take a small break, feel free."

After taking a small gulp of water and dabbing at his eyes, Izuku shakes his head.

"I can continue."

"Okay. What are your parents' names?"

"My father is Hisashi Midoriya, and my mother was Inko Midoriya."

True.

"Was? Has your mother passed away?"

"Yes, she passed away recently."

True.

"I'm sorry to hear that." He paused. "Now lets move onto the more troublesome questions. How long have you been living alone with Hisashi?"

"About four years or so?"

True.

"In that time, has your father ever physically hurt you?"

"..."

"Midoriya, please answer." Tsukauchi, ignoring how Shouta and Hizashi comfortingly placed their hands on Izuku's shoulders, and how Shouta leaned into Izuku more, trying to provide physical support.

"Y - yes."

True.

"Has he ever been verbally abusive?"

"N... no?"

Inconclusive read.

"Izuku, do you know what being 'verbally abused' is?"

"No..."

True.

"When someone repeatedly uses words to demean, frighten, or control someone, it's considered verbal abuse. Verbal abuse is the use of words to cause harm to the person being spoken to. It may consist of shouting, insulting, intimidating, threatening, shaming, demeaning, or derogatory language, among other forms of communication." Tsukauchi defined, flicking through his notebook to be certain he got the correct definition, and putting his notebook back in his pocket when he became certain he got the definition right. "Do you understand this definition?

"Yes."

True.

"Then I'll repeat the earlier question: has your father ever verbally abused you?"

"I... I..."

Izuku took another deep breath.

"I... I think he did... Yes."

True.

"Could you please describe the ways he physically and verbally abused you?"

"He would - he w... would..."

As Izuku's eyes started to water again, Tsukauchi passed him another tissue.

"I'm sorry Midoriya, but without you answering this question, I'd have to set up a second interview, as this wouldn't be enough to... check whether your homelife is safe. I promise this is the last question - but you need to answer it fully and honestly."

"He... hit me... a lot. B - breathed f - fi-re too... T - that's his qui-rk." Izuku began to shake. "I - I was... told I was... useless. W - weak. Worthless... I..." Izuku started to draw further in on himself, unable to stop the constant train of water trickling down his cheeks.

"I thought he... he was telling... the truth, so... so I don't en - entirely under... understand why - why he's been 'verbally abusing' me if... it's true... because with - without a quirk... I AM worthless..."

"That's enough! Tsukauchi please stop this interview!" Shouta interrupted, not wanting Izuku to continue being so upset. "I'm sure you have enough by now."

"Well..." Tsukauchi turned off the recording, as the last true rings in his ears, "To be honest it would've been better to get a little bit more... but we can make do."

He crouched down so he was level with Izuku's height, Izuku still trying to wipe away his tears, and handed him another tissue.

"I'm sorry for upsetting you Izuku. I hope you have a good day."

Izuku smiled at him through his tears and accepted the tissue.

"Y - you d - didn't upset me... m - my dad did."

"That's right, kid." Shouta said, ruffling his hair as Izuku calmed down. "Now let's celebrate. Whose up for ice cream?"

"Oh! Me! Me!" Hizashi said, crazily waving his arm. He turned to Izuku with puppy eyes. "Izuku please say yes! I haven't had ice cream in ages!"

Izuku laughed slightly. "Yes, of course we can have ice cream! Umm - right... Shouta?" His voice trailing off as he realised he wasn't the one paying for this. At Shouta's nod and small smile, Izuku brightened back up.

"Hooray! Ice cream for everyone! Onto the shop!" Hizashi cheered.

"Okay, I'll just put these papers away and-"

The door swung shut, Izuku clutching Shouta's left hand and Hizashi's right, Tsukauchi being left alone in the room.

"Oh..."

Hi guys! I wrote this one in advance - poor Tsukauchi haha XD

I wonder if I'll publish it before or after Christmas? If it's after then I hope you guys enjoyed Christmas, and if it's before then I'm sure it'll be awesome!! I hope you guys get/got what you wanted 😊

Hey guys! It's me from the future. I have one back up aside from this chapter that I can post on Sunday, but aside from that I don't have any other MHA chapters written. I decided to post this as a Christmas treat - an extra chapter for funsies. It's not Christmas for me yet, but it's the 23rd, pretty close.

Also, I have been writing a Komahina fanfiction. I haven't published it yet, as I don't want to feel pressured to constantly update it along with MHA, but I'm working really hard on it. I only started writing it a couple days ago - on the 20th? - but I'm already on chapter 11 for it, which is an incredible writing pace for me. I'm hoping (hey see what I did there? Lol) to show it to you guys soon.

See you guys soon!

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊