Glass Heart - Chapter Fifty-Four

Izuku tapped gently on the door with his knuckles, Hitoshi by his side for support. Izuku wanted to bring Shoto too but decided he didn't really want Katsuki to figure out his crush and then tease him for it.

A few snowflakes landed in his nose, and he sneezed in response, Hitoshi quickly snapping a picture of it and sending it to their dads and Shoto before Izuku could stop him. Izuku dusted the falling snow off his nose, and was about to attack Hitoshi in retaliation when-

"Oh, Izuku! I'm so happy you're okay!" Mitsuki stood in the doorway, and wasted no time throwing her arms around Izuku and hugging him tightly. Izuku froze for a moment, shocked at the sudden contact, before slowly responding and wrapping his arms back around her.

"H - Hi Auntie Suki... It's nice to be back." Izuku whispered, burying his face into her shoulder. He missed this. He missed the good memories of his past that he'd thought he'd forgotten about.

But suddenly they all took form. He remembered playing heroes with Katsuki back when they were young. When they were over Katsuki's house, Mitsuki and even sometimes Masaru pretended to be the villains, and Izuku was Katsuki's dependable sidekick. Then afterwards they'd have a large meal together, and Izuku would stay the night, clutching Katsuki's All Might plushy to his chest.

... he missed that plushy.

... he missed a lot more than that plushy.

Mitsuki eventually let go, and she turned to Hitoshi. "So this is your brother? Hitoshi Aizawa?"

"Y - Yes, ma'am."

Mitsuki glared at him, and he flinched. "I'm not that old! Call me Mitsuki, or even Auntie Suki if you want! You're Izuku's brother, which makes me your auntie!"

"Wait, are you actually his aunt?" Hitoshi asked, slightly confused.

Mitsuki laughed. "I wish. No, I've just known Izuku since he's been born. Same with Katsuki and..." She trailed off and quickly got back to the subject. "So Izuku started calling me Auntie, which I hella respected!" She boomed another laugh, and Izuku struggled to not cover his ears in shock at the sound. Mitsuki was incredibly nice, but she was also incredibly overwhelming at times.

Mitsuki stepped aside, and they both entered the house, removing their shoes and slipping on some guest slippers. As they walked into the living room, they passed Masaru, who simply nodded and waved at them in a greeting. Izuku and Hitoshi returned the wave, and Izuku smiled at the warmth in Masaru's eyes.

Izuku breathed in deeply, and noticing his rising stress, Hitoshi quickly grasped his hand. Izuku smiled again and breathed out.

"The house really hasn't changed, huh?" He muttered, glancing around.

"'Course not, Aizawa."

"K - Kacchan!"

Katsuki finished heading down the staircase, looking fairly subdued. Mitsuki's eyes sharpened.

"What do you have to say, brat?"

Katsuki flinched slightly, hands trembling. From fear or anger, Izuku wasn't sure.

"I - I'm s... s... sorry, Aizawa."

"O - Oh..." Izuku responded glancing at him in surprise. "But you already apologised to me."

"He did?" Mitsuki glanced at Katsuki in surprise. "I'm shocked. Katsuki is so stubborn I was concerned he'd never get it into his brain that what he did to you was-"

"I know it was wrong, you don't have to remind me!" Katsuki yelled, turning around, and running back up the stairs. As he turned, Izuku was taken aback, noticing tears spilling out of his eyes and falling on the stairs. "I already tell myself enough times..." Katsuki whispered as he ran, not thinking anyone could hear him - but Izuku did, and his eyes widened at the words, staring at the staircase for a while after Katsuki had disappeared.

Mitsuki sighed, catching Izuku's attention and he turned back to face her. "Izuku, I'm also incredibly sorry for how Katsuki treated you. We should've noticed sooner, got him into therapy sooner. Hopefully this is the wake up call that he needs, and then maybe someday, he'll-"

A loud repeated thudding noise caught their attention. Turning their attention back to the stairs, they saw Katsuki running down them, towards Izuku. Izuku internally flinched in surprise, but feeling the importance of what's about to happen, he made sure to stay as outwardly still as possible.

Mitsuki seemed tenser - probably preparing to wrestle her son away from Izuku and ground him the rest of his life - but slowly relaxed as Katsuki slowed down, stopping a bit away from Izuku.

"Iz - Aizawa... here." Katsuki said, removing something from his back, and passing it to Izuku. It felt warm and soft, and familiar in his hands.

Izuku gasped, recognising it as the All Might plushy he'd slept with all those years ago in Katsuki's home. "K - Kacchan, this is..."

"I know." Katsuki replied, plunging his hands into his pockets. "I never wanted to throw it away. It - it should belong to you. Please accept it, Aizawa."

Izuku glanced away from the plushy, towards Katsuki's tear-stained face.

That was when Izuku realised Katsuki really had changed for the better. He had gotten back what he had lost - not the plushy... but his best friend.

Maybe not yet his best friend... Izuku didn't think he'd be ready to call Katsuki a close friend of his yet... it'd take years of building back trust for Izuku to feel the connection they had when they were kids had been rebuilt.

But for now...

"Call me Izuku."

... he was willing to give him a chance.

Hiya! Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

I've passed over 50,000 words in this story haha (writing on Word, so I can tell how many words I've written - currently 51,054) - that's so cool! I don't think I've written any story as long as this one before.

Next chapter... I'm thinking about a snowball fight haha. Izuku's starting to forgive Katsuki, so maybe he'd invite Katsuki, and Shoto and Hitoshi would try and get along with him, not entirely sure yet, but I guess we'll see!

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊