Glass Heart - Chapter Eighty-Two

"You like him."

"... excuse me?" Hitoshi glanced over at Shoto from across the table. They were sitting in the library after the end of the school day, waiting for Izuku to finish his after school lesson with Nezu.

"Kaminari." Shoto's stare was on point, and Hitoshi couldn't keep eye contact for long, looking down at the table with a grimace on his face, as Shoto continued. "It's... obvious." His bullet pointed way of questioning, made Hitoshi unable to form a response, not wanting to admit to it.

They sat in silence for a while, until he gave in. "... yeah." He sighed, fiddling with a pencil to try and distract himself from what he was saying, moving it up and down the hard wooden table as he spoke. "But... he's with Jirou. So..."

He hated the look Shoto gave him. A look of pity. He wasn't supposed to be pitied. Sure, Kaminari was dating someone else, but his crush wasn't that big, he'd only just met him after all...! "I'm sure I'll find someone else..."

The silence in the room created a thick enough tension to almost be visible in the air. Hitoshi's rambling trailed off, and once again they sat in a slightly awkward silence, completely trapped within their own thoughts.

That is, until a small buzz from each of their phones caught their attention.

Future UA Heroes!

XplodyBoi: Yo Eyebags, you alright?

Eyebags4Days: I- Bakugou?

Eyebags4Days: Since when did you care about my wellbeing?

XplodyBoi: Since you collapsed right in front of me, dumbass!

Frostbite: He's fine.

XplodyBoi: What do you know?! This conversation wasn't even including you!

Frostbite: Because I'm sitting with him right now.

Eyebags4Days: Recovery Girl healed me up.

Eyebags4Days: We're in the library now – waiting for Izuku.

XplodyBoi: Why? What's he doing?

Frostbite: He takes extra classes with Nezu.

XplodyBoi: The Principal?! Damn, nerd's holding out on me.

XplodyBoi: I'll study up and become smarter than him!

Eyebags4Days: That's... never going to happen.

Eyebags4Days: You're talking about IZUKU here.

XplodyBoi: ...

Frostbite: So

Frostbite: What about Kirishima?

Eyebags4Days: What do you mean?

Frostbite: I was asking Bakugou.

XplodyBoi: I- WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!

Frostbite: You're both very close.

Frostbite: That's all I'm saying.

XplodyBoi: SHUT UP HALF N' HALF! I'M CLOSE WITH YOU GUYS TOO!

Eyebags4Days: Yooo, Bakugou got a crush???

XplodyBoi: SHUT UP!!!

Eyebags4Days: OMG HE DOES?! WAIT UNTIL I TELL IZU

XplodyBoi: DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE

They both continued to tease Bakugou for a while, and it honestly helped Hitoshi feel a lot better. Who knew Bakugou could actually cheer someone up? After a while the pinging must've caught Izuku's attention, and he briefly joined in before going back to his lesson, to add to the humiliation. But even in the middle of that, and as the conversation finally concluded, Hitoshi felt nervous. Was he ever going to find love? Or would every guy he likes get with someone else?

"Oh, hey there! You're Aizawa's brother, right?" A voice called over to him, breaking his thoughts. A pair of girls got closer, the one who spoke earlier smiling in a kind and friendly way. "Oh, and his boyfriend too, uh, Todoroki-?"

Shoto nods in confirmation. "And you two are... Melissa and Mei, right? Izuku told us you both like being called by your first names..."

Mei smiled, giving Shoto a thumbs up. "That's right! Nice to meet ya both again! I'm the amazing, the spectacular, the number one inventor: Mei Hatsume!~"

Hitoshi sighed. "It's good to see you too, Mei." He gave the two of them a smile, trying to ignore the thoughts he was having. The phone buzzed a couple more times before going silent, Bakugou presumably doing something else instead of socialising.

And as he looked at the glinting, excited face of Mei Hatsume... Hitoshi wished he could do the same.

Another chapter down – a bit shorter than normal, but I needed it to have some sort of decent break that makes sense lol, and if I kept going then stopping the chapter would've looked quite strange.

Either way, I hope you all enjoyed the read!! See you soon for the next chapter!

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊