Glass Heart - Chapter Thirty-Nine

"So... Izuku."

Izuku broke away from the hug with his family and turned to face Nezu once again. "Y - Yes, Nezu?" He started wringing his hands together nervously.

"You're... twelve?"

"Thirteen in two months." Izuku corrected automatically, before pausing. "I - I mean yes, I'm twelve."

"So you'll be thirteen by the time classes next year start..." Nezu thought to himself for a moment, paw touching his chin. "So you'll have the opportunity of being a student at UA in about two years?"

Shouta nodded. "Yes. Hizashi and I have been training Izuku and Hitoshi in order to prepare them for the entrance exam in two years." He glared at Nezu slightly, already knowing about how Nezu always uses robots in his entrance exams.

"Well, couldn't Izuku and Hitoshi get in on recommendation?" Nezu asked, glancing at the two curiously. "Izuku could have Eraserhead and I supporting him, and Hitoshi could have Present Mic and Deku supporting him."

"True..." Shouta copied Nezu's motion of lifting a hand to his chin. "That way we wouldn't have to deal with the biased problems of the entrance exam..." Nezu awkwardly chucked, inching away from Shouta's glare.

"Biased problems?" Izuku perked up, his usually wide and cheerful eyes now slants of anger. "Nezu, I thought you were better than that."

Nezu coughed. "Well, since the debut of a certain quirkless hero that's sweeping Japan off it's feet in glory, the Hero Association decided to allow us to have more control over the exam planning. Therefore, the first thing I ensured is that it's fairer."

"Please elaborate." Izuku and Shouta said in sync.

"I can't because Izuku and Hitoshi are here. But what I will say is..."

Nezu leaned forward.

"There are no more robots."

---TimeSkip---

Nezu leaned back in his chair after Shouta, Hizashi, Hitoshi and Izuku left the room. He had planned for all scenarios - including the one where Izuku and Shouta questioned him over the entrance exam, but he didn't expect the conversation to take that course.

He still wasn't sure how to change the exam to make it fairer, he knew he would be getting rid of those awful robots. He'd wanted to for years, but the Association had put their foot down. At least now, he gets his say.

Nezu glanced out of the window, trying to decide the best course of action. Even if he was a genius, he still needed to think about all possible options before arriving at a decision.

The problem was - quirks are so unique. Some are only defensive or stealth based, whereas others can be really powerful but have a dangerous drawback. Some could be dangerous to use, and others can only be useful in specific situations.

And then of course you've got the quirkless.

Even with Deku's powerful rise to fame, bias all thrown out of the window, it's going to be challenging for anyone to compete with people who have quirks. It's not Nezu trying to be biased, it's just the fact of life - an advantage that most of the other opponents have that the quirkless don't.

Those who get into hero courses would be ones who spent a large portion of their life training - like Izuku did. Even so, he had to find a way to try and tip the scales more in the quirklessness' advantage. Rescue Points wouldn't be enough to equalise things.

But maybe...

... that might work.

---TimeSkip---

"Did you send him the text?" Hitoshi asked Izuku, laughing at his red face.

"Y - Yes..."

"Kid, there's no reason to be nervous." Shouta said, a small smirk on his face.

"Yeah! We've been looking forward to meeting your boyfriend for a while now!" Hizashi shouted, ignoring Izuku's squeak and protests that Shoto isn't his boyfriend.

"H - He's also Hitoshi's friend!!" Izuku squeaked, before running to his room to try on half his wardrobe. Hitoshi chuckled lightly before following him, knowing Izuku would want his input.

"So they really aren't dating yet?" Shouta muttered, hand to his chin. "I really thought they would have been by now - it's been a while since they met."

"Only a couple months!" Hizashi replied, doing his best to stay quiet so he doesn't disturb Izuku and Hitoshi. "But maybe..."

"Hizashi..."

"Maybe..."

"Hizashi no-"

"We could give them a little push?"

"GOD DAMN IT HIZASHI-"

Hiya! Hope you enjoyed the newest chapter! Nezu's doing his best to get the entrance exam ready for equality :D

As you may have guessed, next chapter will be Shoto meeting Shouta and Hizashi. I'm very excited to write it, as I haven't been able to write about a hyperactive Hizashi in a while - and the TodoDeku will be nice too!

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed reading, and I'll see you guys again soon!

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊