Glass Heart - Chapter Fifteen

The wafting aroma of the food Hizashi was cooking made Izuku start to drool. He hadn't had properly cooked, hot food in... years. Normally the food was either random pieces from the fridge or cold leftovers... Shouta struggled to keep Izuku settled while Hizashi was dishing up the food on the kitchen table.

Izuku bounced on his feet, as Shouta led him into the kitchen and sat him down in a chair. Even while sitting, Izuku couldn't help swinging his legs in excitement.

But then a thought came to him.

"Shouta?" He said quietly, tugging on Shouta's sleeve to grab his attention.

"Yes, kid?"

"I... I'm not sure I'll be able to eat an entire meal." Izuku said, tearing up slightly, afraid of disappointing him. While he hadn't eaten in a while, he had become so used to it that eating a larger amount than normal could make him feel sick.

Shouta ruffled his hair. "Don't worry about that kid, Chiyo already told me you might not be able to eat much. Just eat what you can kid, we don't expect you to eat your entire bowl."

As Hizashi placed a bowl of katsudon in front of Izuku, he chimed in. "Yeah Izuku, don't force yourself to eat everything. Please eat something, but you don't have to eat everything."

Izuku grinned and nodded, shoving some of the food into his mouth.

"Wow! Is gud!" Izuku said with his mouth full.

Shouta and Hizashi chuckled and they began to eat as well. "Thanks Hizashi." Shouta said, digging into his food. Izuku flinched.

"Crap kid, I forgot you don't like his name..." Shouta muttered. "Would you be more comfortable with me calling him Zashi?"

Izuku nodded, placing his utensils back on the table. "Can... can I call him that too?"

As Hizashi choked on his food in surprise, Shouta answered him. "You have to ask Zashi that, not me."

Izuku nodded and turned to Hizashi. "Can I... can I call you Zashi?"

"YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!" Hizashi shouted, making both Shouta and Izuku cover their ears. "Oh - sorry!"

"It's fine." Shouta sighed, releasing his quirk's hold on Hizashi, his hair falling back onto his shoulders. He turned his attention back to Izuku, noticing how uncomfortable he looked. "And don't worry kid, he's really happy you're trusting him."

"Ahh, okay!" Izuku replied, going back to his food.

For a few minutes there was silence.

"So, kid..." Shouta started. "Would you like to come with us shopping tomorrow?"

"Umm... what for?" Izuku replied, once again abandoning his food.

"Well your room is fairly sparce." Shouta said, raising an eyebrow. "Did you really think that was all you were going to have in there? Just a bed?"

"I... umm..." Izuku's eyes widened. They... they were being so nice to him!

"You're gonna have much more! We just didn't know what you'd like, so we thought you could choose when we next go shopping! It'll be awesome!" Hizashi cheered, and Izuku felt himself perk up slightly, a small smile on his face.

He started eating again, feeling slightly full, as Hizashi continued to ramble about what items they're planning to put in Izuku's room, going on about plushies, and toys and other things that Shouta got annoyed at, remembering that they had planned to keep those extra additions a surprise.

Shouta sighed as Hizashi chuckled awkwardly, remembering what he had agreed with Shouta earlier. "Anyway, one more thing Izuku."

"Yeah?"

"Can you write a list about anything you left at your... old house, that you want over here? I'll go and pick them up tomorrow."

"O - Okay, but please don't if it's too much trouble!"

"It's not any trouble Izuku."

"And if it was, you're worth it anyway!" Hizashi butted in, a goofy grin on his face.

Izuku gave a small smile. "O - okay then... umm..." He paused and looked at his half-finished meal. "I... I..."

Shouta followed Izuku's gaze and realised what he was talking about. "Oh! Don't worry about it, we're just glad you ate at all." He reassured him, as he stood and picked up his empty bowl and Izuku's half full one, heading into the kitchen.

"What about me?" Hizashi whined playfully, holding up his bowl high in the air for Shouta to grab. Izuku giggled slightly at their antics.

"Zashi, you haven't finished your food yet!" Shouta replied curtly, washing up his and Izuku's bowls and cutlery.

Quickly Zashi stood up and headed to the sink, while he tipped the remaining food into his mouth like a drink and passed the empty bowl to Shouta.

"Thanks love!" He joked, heading back to the table. Shouta sighed but didn't comment. Izuku could swear there was a small smile on Shouta's face.

Hi guys!

Slightly smaller chapter I think, but it ended nicely so I'm happy.

I think the next chapter will be about the mall visit, with some more bonding all around. Maybe there'll be Erasermic, but I learnt I'm quite bad at writing it haha. I'll do my best though! (written on 31st December)

I hope the new year is going well so far! Maybe it'll still be holidays, maybe it won't, either way I hope you guys had fun! And, well... with all this unknowingness about school, I hope by now, by the time this chapter gets uploaded, we know a bit more XD

Bye for now!! I hope you enjoyed, and I'll see you guys again next time.

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊