Glass Heart - Chapter Fifty-Three

"Hey, Sho!" Izuku greeted, as he entered the ice skating rink. Shoto greeted him with a wave and a smile, making Izuku feel warm, even though they were about to engage in a generally cold activity. Shoto already had his skates on and was leaning by the entryway to the ice. Izuku quickly threw on his skates and joined him, giving him a warm hug.

"Hi, Zuku." Shoto smiled warmly again, and Izuku's face flushed. They weren't dating but... would it be wrong of him to enjoy it as if it was one?

Izuku tightly gripped onto Shoto's gloved hand and pulled him onto the ice. "Let's go - oh!" Of course Izuku failed to mention he had no idea how to skate, and instead almost fell backwards. He then placed all his momentum into going forwards instead, but he gained too much force and fell.

He braced himself for a hard hit against the ground, but instead Shoto's arms tightly wrapped around him, and Izuku found himself surrounded by his peppermint crush. Izuku wanted to lean into Shoto further, but if he did so, he might end up sending them both flying across the ice, so instead he gently let go after he regained his balance.

"Do you not know how to skate, Zuku?" Shoto asked, trying not to chuckle.

Izuku pouted. "I - I'm a quick learner!"

"That doesn't answer my question." Shoto wiped at his eyes, laughing so hard tears were spilling out of them. He calmed down, and tightly gripped Izuku's hand, pushing off across the ice. "Don't worry, I'll catch you if you fall. Let me teach you how to skate."

And then, for the next few hours, Shoto taught Izuku how to skate.

---TimeSkip---

"Thank you Shoto. Are you sure you don't want to stay for dinner?" Izuku asked with flushed cheeks and a bright smile.

"Sorry Zuku, but I should probably be getting home." Shoto replied. Izuku nodded in return, reached into his backpack, and pulled out a small item, passing it to Shoto. "What...? Women's shaving cream? Izuku, I thought that part was a joke...?!"

"Hitoshi won't participate if you don't suffer at least a little bit." Izuku said, pulling his hands up over his head, leaning his head onto his joined hands in a relaxed position. "Hopefully he'll be laughing too much at your costume to be complaining about his own."

Shoto sighed, pocketing the cream. "Alright Izuku... Boxing day right?"

"Yeah! I'm going to give Hitoshi the costume as an extra Christmas present." Izuku chuckled, and Shoto's eyebrow twitched.

"Izuku, I feel like he won't see it as an 'extra Christmas present'. He'll probably see it as an 'extra nightmare'."

Izuku chuckled. "Yeah, you're probably right."

Shouta waited for the 'but', however none occurred, and they stood together in silence for a few moments, before Shoto turned around to leave.

"O - Oh, wait!" Izuku grasped a hold of his hand, determination and adrenaline coursing through him all at once. He used his hands to tug Shoto closer to him, his angle making his head still turned away from him.

Izuku spun on the spot, and kissed Shoto gently on the cheek, his face bright red at his own actions. Once done, Izuku backed up into the door and released Shoto's hand, which immediately flew to the cheek Izuku kissed - which was so red it looked swollen. "I, uhh, umm... have-a-good-day-bye!" Izuku shouted, running into his house, and slamming his door shut.

Why on earth did he do that?

His hand lifted, and he gently touched his lips with his fingers, shocked that he kissed Shoto. Well he didn't kiss Shoto, he kissed Shoto's cheek, but still.

"Our little listener has a boyfriend!" Hizashi cheered, sneaking up behind Izuku. Izuku gasped and spun around in surprise, seeing all three of his annoying family members in front of him. Shouta and Hitoshi had smirks on their faces, and Hizashi was a big bundle of excitement.

"Dad, Papa Zashi, please let me go to bed. I'm exhausted." Izuku said, to try and get out of the situation.

"You haven't had dinner yet." Shouta grinned.

Izuku sighed. "Dad, you're only trying to pay me back for stealing all the coffee in the house this morning as your yearly traditional prank. You'll get them back tomorrow morning."

"Where did you even hide them? I turned the entire house UPSIDE DOWN AND-" Shouta sighed. "Never mind."

Hitoshi laughed at Shouta's reluctance and despair, making Izuku's attention turn to him. "I wouldn't laugh so hard if I was you, Hitoshi. Your prank starts on Christmas Day."

Hitoshi's face whitened, while Shouta started to laugh as payback. "Can we, uhh... can we talk about this?"

"No."

And with a cheery wave and smile, Izuku headed upstairs, leaving the carnage behind.

Hi everyone! I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter - Izuku and Shoto are getting closer!

Okay so people have been asking me for hints: Hitoshi, Shoto and Izuku's 'event' will take place on Boxing Day and is themed on characters from a specific video game. in particular, the fourth game of the series (but labelled as the third game). A cookie will be given to anyone who can correctly guess the game series, and a second cookie will be given to anyone who can guess the characters (one cookie for each character, to make a total of four cookies). These have been referred to or suggested in other chapters, so there are some more hints back there.

Next chapter should be Izuku visiting Katsuki's family, and maybe some Christmas movie or game or something after? We'll see, haha.

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊