Glass Heart - Chapter Fifty-Two

Izuku woke up early. He stretched, yawned, and glanced at the clock.

"4am, huh?" He muttered, rubbing at his eyes. He normally woke up around 5:30, but he couldn't seem to go back to sleep, so instead he stood up, and started to get dressed. He pulled on some warm clothes, brushed his teeth, and attempted to brush his hair, before heading downstairs to go outside for a walk.

It had just stopped raining, but Izuku brought an umbrella with him just in case. Normally he only went outside by himself for runs or other training, but today was different. It was the first day of the Christmas holidays, and Shouta and Hizashi had told both him and Hitoshi to take it easy on training, so this was the first time in a while Izuku genuinely had a long, solitary, relaxing walk alone.

The wind roughly blew past him, and Izuku shivered, wrapping himself more in his coat. Even with the cold, he breathed in deeply and smiled - enjoying the freshness of the air surrounding him.

He spent just under an hour walking around the town, splashing in some puddles, and eventually heading back home. As he walked back through the front door, he gasped at the warm air that rushed to greet him, his cheeks burning red from the cold he experienced before.

"Morning, kid."

"D - Dad!" Izuku jumped slightly as he removed his coat. "Good morning."

Shouta sighed. "Seriously kid, what were you doing outside so early on such a cold morning? It's-" He glanced at the clock. "Almost 6am, when did you wake up?"

"I woke up around 4am, and I was going for a walk!" Izuku replied cheerily, a wide smile on his face.

"But it's so cold!" Shouta protested, before giving up. "Never mind. I'm making myself some coffee, do you want some hot chocolate?" Izuku nodded and Shouta smiled. "Great, go wait in the living room." He paused. "Also, a package arrived around 5:30am, I took a peek inside." Shouta didn't even want to know why Izuku had bought those. "I'm almost certain it's yours."

Izuku cheered, and rushed into the living room, where a large box waited for him to open. "Hurray Amazon!" He shouted, keeping it quiet enough not to wake up his victi- Hitoshi. He opened the box, and glanced inside, internally cheering. "Yes! It's exactly what I ordered, just in time too." He removed three sets of clothing. "This is going to be fuuuun~"

Back upstairs, Hitoshi sneezed slightly, having a strange feeling of despair overwhelm him, even while asleep.

As Izuku celebrated the torture weap- the pieces of clothing he'd received, Shouta returned with the hot chocolate. "There's more than one?" He asked, noticing the three sets.

"I couldn't make Hitoshi suffer alone! Besides, it'll be fun!" Izuku smirked, an evil glint in his eye. He accepted the warm beverage with a smile, and took a sip, enjoying the warm chocolate taste in his mouth. "Only a few days left until Christmas, huh?" He muttered as Shouta sat next to him and put on a Christmas movie.

He glanced at the tree besides the TV and imagined what it would look like with all the presents underneath it. Whenever anyone bought and wrapped presents, they had to immediately give it to Shouta, who hid it in his room. Once Christmas arrived, he'd bring down all the gifts before anyone else woke up, so on the day they'd walk down the stairs and see all the gifts under the tree for the first time.

He smiled in anticipation. Christmas was so fun! Even Shouta got in the mood - last year he allowed him and Hitoshi to make him a custom Santa hat to wear - with fabric cat ears attached to it.

Izuku pondered to himself, as he brought out his phone to text Shoto, to meet later that day. Last year he really got to embarrass Shouta with those cat ears, as Hizashi made him wear it to work before the Christmas holidays started. He already had something planned for Hitoshi and Shoto - even though Shoto already knows about it, it'll still be funny to see his reaction during the actual thing - but he had nothing planned yet for Shouta or Hizashi this year...

Oh wait, what if he...

Izuku giggled to himself, and Shouta glanced at him, a small hint of fear in his voice and expression. "What's up, kid?"

"Oh nothiiiiiiiing~" Izuku replied, making Shouta's face whiten.

"Worse or more manageable than Hitoshi's?" Was Shouta's immediate response, knowing already how bad Hitoshi's was going to be. Izuku simply smiled in return, finished his mug of hot chocolate, and headed back into the kitchen, leaving Shouta in stunned silence and growing fear.

Now just Hizashi left - honestly he didn't want to trick Hizashi too bad, because Hizashi was his prank partner, however Christmas traditions dictate that he must. Oh... maybe...

Izuku chuckled again, laughing even louder when Shouta suddenly stood in response and ran to his bedroom.

This Christmas was going to be hilarious.

Hi everyone!

Sorry for not updating last night, something happened, and I got upset, and I just couldn't really do anything, not even write. I'm feeling betterish now, but I'm still a bit off, haha, I just hope it doesn't really show in this chapter.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter. Next chapter should hopefully be some Shoto and Izuku happiness, I hope you're looking forward to it!

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊