Glass Heart - Chapter Forty-Nine

Izuku stretched as he left his house to go on a grocery run. The entire day had been so nice. School had been nice - the people at school had been nice, the teachers had been nice.

Izuku just hoped it lasted.

He popped in some small headphones to listen to music as he walked along the pavement, smiling at the strangers he passed, and usually getting smiles in return. It's nice to make others feel happy.

His mind thought back to Shoto and Hitoshi - Hitoshi especially took glee in bumping into Katsuki any chance he could, and more often than not, would 'accidentally' step on his toes when getting up from his chair. After a while Shoto joined in on Hitoshi's little game, scouting for Katsuki in the hallways. It didn't actually hurt anyone, so Izuku let it be.

Katsuki had been... weird. Normally, he wouldn't let anything stop him from tormenting Izuku, but Katsuki had basically ignored him all day, beside the remark from that morning - and Katsuki would've said that to anyone. He wasn't treating Izuku differently anymore - does that mean he had a change of heart?

Izuku shook his head, passing through a small alleyway. No, Katsuki was probably just intimidated by Hitoshi and Shoto. Shoto did threaten to hurt Katsuki after all, and Hitoshi had been throwing death glares at Katsuki all day. Maybe if the three of them worked together, they could convince Katsuki not to tell anyone about Izuku not having a quirk?

His thoughts got cut short when a small knife got pressed to his throat.

Izuku froze, his mind going back to when Toga did the same, and he felt weak all over again. He knew this person wasn't Toga - the hands' shape and texture were different and the weight distribution was different as well - but he still shook in fear, the glint of the dangerous metal mocking him.

"Hey kid. Give me your wallet." A man's voice echoed, the knife digging deeper into his neck, a small bead of blood escaping the wound and running down the weapon. "Or I might just have to-"

"DIE, BASTARD!" A scream could be heard, as a torrent of explosions erupted from behind Izuku, making him gasp in shock and surprise. The hands on him slackened, and Izuku used the opportunity to dart under the arms and escape from the man's clutches, backing away against the wall. His curiosity got the better of him, and he turned around to see what was going on.

"K - Kacchan?"

"Damn right, nerd!" He yelled back, punching the man with the knife in the face, knocking him unconscious. Once Katsuki was certain that the man was no threat, he walked up to Izuku, who began shaking once again. "Hey. You alright?"

"I... uhh... yes?" Izuku responded, saying it like a question. "Umm... thank you?"

"I couldn't just leave you there - a hero saves everyone he can, no matter the cost." Katsuki replied, looking down towards the ground. Izuku's eyes widened. Had Katsuki... changed? Good for him! This mindset is really good for hero work, and now he'd be a lot better at-"

"Hey, Izuku, you're mumbling." Katsuki interrupted.

"Oh, sorry!" Izuku quickly raised his hands to cover his mouth, but Katsuki stopped him.

"No, it's no problem, I just... didn't know whether you actually wanted your thoughts to be spoken out loud."

This is getting so weird... Izuku thought to himself, apprehension clear in his gaze. "Kacchan, what do you want? Why did you save me? Why are you calling me 'Izuku' and not 'Deku'? What's going on??"

"I..." Katsuki looked back down, shame in his eyes. "Nothing's going on. I just... after your father went to jail-"

"He's not my father." Izuku growled, anger in his eyes, before sighing and raising a hand to his forehead. "Sorry. Continue."

"Ever since... he... went to jail, I realised that I - I probably would've ended up just like him if I didn't change something. Moving to a different school helped and hearing that the teachers who allowed... what I did to you... to continue got expelled also helped me see that what I did was wrong. Izuku, I'm-"

"Stop."

"W - What?" Katsuki took a step back. "What do you mean?"

"Don't apologise to me. I'm not in any position right now to accept it, forgive you and move on. Yes, you hurt me several years ago, but your betrayal runs deep. If you're truly sorry, then be better. Oh," Izuku lifted his head to meet Katsuki's eyes, before turning away to the shops, calling his next words back to Katsuki as if he wasn't worth Izuku's time.

"And call me Aizawa."

Hiya! This was the angst I was talking about XD

Okay, so I don't want Izuku to forgive Katsuki yet - although I'm gonna make Katsuki a nice person, I don't think that means Izuku should immediately forgive him. Right now, he probably doesn't even believe him, let alone is ready to forgive him. I hope you guys don't mind.

Anyways, I really hope you enjoyed reading this chapter, and I'll see you all again later!

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊