Glass Heart - Chapter Sixty-Five

Izuku and Shoto left the cinema, happy smiles on their faces. As they glanced up at each other, their hands slowly intertwined, and they joyfully walked down the path together, browsing some shops on their way home.

"Did you enjoy that movie?" Shoto asked Izuku, who nodded.

"Yes! It was amazing! We should see movies more often together!" Izuku responded, before freezing, and covering his mouth with his hands, face red. Did he... did he make it seem like he was asking Shoto on a date?!

Shoto turned and smiled at Izuku. "I agree - we should go again sometime."

Izuku gasped in relief and happiness. "Yes! Hey, before we go back home, do you wanna pop in 'Neko No Eiyu' for a while? We're not supposed to be home for another few hours." Say yes, say yes, say yes, say yes-

"Yes, sounds fun."

"Yes!" Izuku yelled in reply, making Shoto jump slightly, and then laugh. Izuku watched Shoto laugh, and felt his cheeks heat up once again at the beautiful sight. He rarely got to see Shoto laugh, he kept his emotions hidden most of the time, so... this was nice.

Izuku squeezed Shoto's hand, and pulled him towards their favourite café, joining in with Shoto's laughter. They soon arrived at the café, paid for two hours, and took their seats near the back of the café. After figuring out what Izuku wanted, Shoto froze him to the chair, so he could pay for Izuku and his own food.

"Shotoooooo!" Izuku said quietly, joking around but not wanting to disturb any of the customers, as he tried to escape his confinement. As he wriggled around, he spotted a boy with red hair and a girl with pink skin enter the shop, dragging a suspiciously tall Pomeranian with them. "Huh, I didn't think dogs were allowed in this café, since it's a cat café and all..."

At those words, the Pomeranian perked up its head, and Izuku jumped as it locked eyes with him. "O - Oh! Uhh... Hi, Kacchan!"

Katsuki narrowed his eyes, not enjoying being compared to a fluffy dog, but simply huffed, and turned back around, allowing his friends - were they really his friends? Katsuki wasn't the 'friend' person... - to drag him across the café. Izuku would've followed them and started a conversation, however... he was still stuck to the chair.

When Shoto finally returned and released Izuku, Izuku pouted at him. "You're so mean, Shoto! I could've paid! Dad gave me this money after all. Besides - I saw Kacchan, it was so weird, Shoto!"

"Why's it 'so weird'? Bakugou can go wherever he wants?"

"He's with other people - his age! I think he has... friends!"

"... you're hallucinating."

"I'm not! Seriously, look!"

Izuku grabbed Shoto's arm and dragged him closer to Katsuki's table, pointing it out to him. They seemed to all be laughing together. Katsuki yelled a couple times, but he also had a soft smile on his face that Izuku didn't get to see very often. "He seems... happy?"

"Brainwashing?" Shoto theorised, glancing at Izuku.

"Hito wouldn't do that - not even to Kacchan." Izuku protested, glancing back from Shoto to Katsuki.

Who was looking at them both.

"SHIT-" Izuku shouted, grabbing Shoto's arm and pulling him frantically back to their table at the other end of the café. When they got back to their table, they realised their food had just arrived, and quickly dug into it, pretending they had been eating the entire time.

Once they were halfway done with their meals, they glanced at each other, and burst into laughter. "He saw us! Sho, he saw us!" Izuku said, wiping his tears away. "He looked at us, and he looked so shocked - cause he's supposed to be all 'growly' and stuff!" He laughed again, and when he said 'growly' he raised his hands and pretended to be threatening, like Katsuki.

Shoto laughed in return, finishing his meal. "We only have a little bit of time left. Once you've finished, would you like to go see the cats?"

Izuku nodded, and quickly finished eating. Once done, they headed off to their assigned cat room, and entered with wide smiles on their faces, happy to see the cute felines. They stayed there for the remainder of the time they had bought, and then left, catching Katsuki's eye as they left, Izuku sending him a small wave.

As Shoto walked along the street, once again holding Izuku's hand and hoping Izuku doesn't notice (he does notice), he spotted something in the window of a shop. Something perfect for Izuku. the perfect gift.

"Wait here please, Izuku." Shoto said, smiling at him before heading inside the shop. Shoto grabbed what he'd been looking at - a beautiful green decorated pen - and also bought a box and tissue paper to accompany it. This is the perfect gift - Izuku uses his notebooks all the time, now whenever he writes in them, he'll be able to think of Shoto.

"What did you get?" Izuku said, pointing at the small box.

Todoroki smiled in return.

"You'll find out soon."

A couple more weeks, and that area in school will be in full bloom, and ready for his confession. Just a little bit longer... and he'll be able to give his heart to Izuku.

Hiya! Hope you all enjoyed the new chapter!

There's more TodoDeku in this chapter too, yay!!! And Shoto finally decided on a gift for Izuku! This pen is actually based on one I used to own (it's still around somewhere but it ran out of ink, so I don't use it anymore). It's green and then near the top it's glass with

green cosmetic jewels inside. It's a gorgeous pen, and was what I was thinking of when Shoto bought Izuku his pen - although the one Shoto bought is probably not the same, haha

Anyways, next chapter will probably be Izuku and Nezu? There's still a few more things with them that have to be done before the big time skip. Hope you're looking forward to it!

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊