Glass Heart - Chapter Fifty-Seven

Izuku passed Hitoshi the checked scarf with a wide grin on his face. "Put it on, Hito!" His grin only grew wider as Hitoshi did so - he couldn't put it off any longer, after all the play was happening in less than ten minutes. They were in Izuku's bedroom, with Hizashi and Shouta waiting in the living room - the stage there already set. "You look amazing! Say it! Say it!"

Hitoshi sighed. "Nishishi..."

Izuku gasped. "You did the thing!" He giggled, and passed a small script - yes, he really did make a script for this - to Hitoshi. "Okay, you should be able to hide this at your trial stand, so you don't have to worry about memorising the words."

"Wha... when did you buy stands for this?" Hitoshi muttered, brushing his hair with his hands, trying to spread it out more, like his character's style.

He got no response from Izuku, who was trying to drag Shoto out - who was behind a small screen while getting dressed and now refused to come out - for Hitoshi to see. "Come on Sho! You told me you'd do this with me!"

"Izuku... why?" Hitoshi faintly heard Shoto's response, and for a brief moment, Hitoshi was happy he got picked for his own role, and not for whatever Shoto had to deal with. And as Shoto finally submitted and stepped out into Hitoshi's line of sight... his opinion didn't change.

"You look so cute, Sho!" Izuku said with delight, passing him silver musical note hairclips. Shoto begrudgingly attached them to his blonde wig and brushed loose strands of the wig off his light purple... skirt.

"Y - You're a GIRL?" Hitoshi cried, feeling like his life was a lie.

Izuku blushed brightly at the thought and waved his hands around frantically to explain. "No! Not that it would matter whatever gender Shoto would want to be, but Shoto is a boy. The character he's playing, however, is not."

Hitoshi glanced at Shoto, eyebrows raised. "Why did you agree to this?"

Shoto looked away from Hitoshi's piercing gaze and glanced at Izuku. "He... he asked me to. Like I told you before. And besides, seeing Izuku in something other than green is... something that doesn't happen very often."

Shoto turned his head away from both Izuku and Hitoshi, cheeks slightly red, as Izuku looked down at his uniform with a smile. He had hoped Shoto would like it. The military style and stripes on his clothes made him look more professional and sophisticated.

He smiled slightly, popping on his cap on top of his dark blue wig to complete his look. "Thanks, Sho!... I think."

Hitoshi sighed. "At least now I understand why Izuku was so persistent on giving you shaving cream..." He glanced at Shoto's legs, free of any hair. "I suddenly feel so glad I'm... this, and not you." He tried to stifle a laugh.

"Hitoshi! Don't laugh at Sho, I think his legs look very pretty." Izuku tried to defend him, but only made Hitoshi laugh louder. Izuku pouted and tried to ignore the growing flush on his face, glancing away from Shoto and his shaved legs. He quickly exited the bedroom, holding the door open for Shoto and Hitoshi, and they began descending the stairs, towards the front of the house. "Anyway, he's late."

"Who's late?" Shoto asked, as they finished descending the staircase. Izuku stopped suddenly by the front door, seeming to be waiting for someone to arrive before they entered the living room.

Izuku smiled, framing his arms neatly by his side, like his character would. "Well, our characters are from a game based on murder! We'd need someone to die for a proper trial to start, right?"

Shoto had never seen this game before, but he still looked concerned. "Is one of us... going to die?" He asked quietly, tone dead serious.

Izuku tried to hold in his laughter but failed, his giggles and peals ringing throughout the small corridor. "No! Don't worry, I called in a small favour from a... friend?"

The questioning tone made Hitoshi realise who Izuku was talking about, and he immediately began flicking through the script, a small grin on his face - maybe this play wouldn't be so bad after all. "Please make me the killer, please make me the killer..."

Shoto caught on quickly. "You don't mean..."

A small knock could be heard, and as Izuku opened the front door with a friendly greeting, throwing a script at the boy's face, Katsuki growled in response.

"Is this where we're supposed to meet before the play?" Katsuki asked, strolling into the corridor. "I'm honestly not even sure why I'm agreeing to this."

"Because you owe it to me big time~!" Izuku responded in a sing-song tone, knowing full well what he said rang true. Katsuki growled again, but other than that stayed silent, and accepted his upcoming suffering.

"What do I even have to do?" He asked.

"You're our dead body!" Izuku cheered. "On the plus side, you don't have to wear any costumes like us. On the negative side, the murder gets to pretend to kill you later. Here's your script." Izuku once again thrusted the script towards Katsuki, which this time took it. Hearing that, Hitoshi began once again flipping through the script with enthusiasm.

Izuku chuckled to himself.

"Play starts in two minutes!"

He straightened the cap on his wigged hair.

This is going to be fun.

Hi everyone! Hope you like this chapter. It's really REALLY late over here, and I've been struggling to focus, so next chapter is going to be the actual play, and this chapter is going to set up the play!

I know a few people were extremely curious about Shoto's shaving cream - it's because he's acting as a girl! And for that, he needed hairless legs - girls know the suffering of having to constantly shave your legs... it sucks... I'm a girl, if you didn't already know that lol, and I heard boys don't have to shave their legs - lucky - which is why I made Izuku give Shoto shaving cream. I hope that wasn't too confusing for anyone.

This is your final chance to guess Hitoshi, Shoto and Izuku's characters. If you get them right, you get a cookie! Yummy cookies!!! :D

Anyways, I hope you're looking forward to the next chapter, haha! I'm trying to make the play as interesting as I can for ya! Once the winter holidays in this fic is over, I'll go back to the main plot.

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊