Glass Heart - Chapter Twenty

"Our meals have arrived Izuku." Hitoshi called over to him.

Izuku had no idea when exactly during that day they switched to first names, but he didn't mind. The problem was that five adorable cats - three fully grown and two kittens - were clambered on him, and Izuku didn't have the heart to get up.

"But Hitoshiiiiiiiiiiii..." Izuku whined. "The caaaaaats..." A black kitten with green eyes wormed his way up to Izuku's neck and nudged it with her face. Izuku almost started crying from the cuteness alone.

Hitoshi did his best to suppress his laugh, taking a picture and sending it to Shouta.

*picture*

Izuku made a new friend :D

First name basis?

Glad to see you two get along so well

We're both each other's only friends apparently

Only friends? What about school?

Well as you saw before... I don't really have friends

And I don't know about Izuku

He hasn't told me yet

Ah.

Well I'd rather he told me himself

So even if he does tell you, unless it's serious or an emergency

Then don't tell me

I'd rather Izuku told me

Same here

The kitten is really cute though

*close up picture of Izuku and the black kitten*

True

Very cute

Hold on

Need to talk to Hizashi about something

Keep it secret from Izuku

Ahh okay?

We gotta go eat anyway

Bye Aizawa!

Call me Shouta, kid

Hitoshi glanced away from his phone, confused, and slid it back into his pocket. "Come on Izuku, we gotta go eat!" With a sigh once he realised Izuku really wasn't moving, Hitoshi carefully picked up each cat one by one, and placed them on the floor besides Izuku. When he moved to pick up the black kitten, the last one, Izuku raised his arms up to protect her.

"Nooooo Hitooo!" Izuku said, clutching her to his chest.

"Izuku, we can't take the cats out of their rooms!" Hitoshi rebutted his pleading, before he paused. "Hito?"

Izuku's face grew red with embarrassment. "Ahh, I'm sorry if it's not something you'd want, I just gave you a nickname on impulse! If you don't like it I won't use it anymore I promise and-!"

During his stammering, Hitoshi carefully picked up the kitten and placed it on the ground, before wrapping Izuku up in a hug. "Hey, Izuku it's okay." As Hitoshi pulled away from the hug, not really liking physical contact, Izuku noticed he was softly crying. "I... I don't really have any friends. I've never been given a nickname before... so... so it meant a lot to me."

Hitoshi smiled, and Izuku felt his heart warm.

"Could I... could I call you Izu?" Hitoshi asked, lightly scratching his cheek with one of his fingers. He closed his eyes tight, expecting rejection or even ridicule.

But he got neither.

"Of course you can, Hito!" Izuku smiled brightly, and Hitoshi felt like floating on air. He had finally made a friend - and he'd been given a nickname! They'd spent time together and they were STILL friends! It felt amazing.

"O... Okay." Hitoshi said, wiping away loose tears, a large smile on his face. "Hey, let's get some food."

Wow I wrote two chapters in one day! I mean I write these in advance, so this is the 5th of January we're talking about haha, but still I'm super happy :D

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this fluff with Izuku and Hitoshi! AGAIN, I will stress that they will NOT end up being romantically involved - please remember that. I love their ship, but this particular fanfiction is TodoDeku, NOT ShinDeku. The main reason is because of something that will happen later on in the story (not spoiling it!)

See you guys again soon!

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊