Glass Heart - Chapter Sixty-Four

Shoto laid on his bed in silence. Or rather - not his bed, but a blow-up bed in Izuku's bedroom. He couldn't believe the events that had happened within the last few hours.

At first it was just Izuku and him, in the nurse's office. Then Izuku started telling him all about his life, and honestly, Shoto was prepared to punch this Hisashi guy in the face - and worse - for what he had done to Izuku.

But then... Izuku had been sad, and he needed a distraction and... it was only fair that Shoto gave him something in return for spilling his dark secrets to Shoto - so Shoto told Izuku a secret of his own. The secret of his quirk marriage, and the abuse he suffered in his home, by Endeavour's hand. He even explained his brother - Touya's - sudden disappearance and Shoto's theory that he died.

Izuku just sat quietly in Shoto's arms and listened to it all without saying a word. And that was probably what had scared Shoto the most. Once Shoto finally ran out of words to say, Izuku quietly got up, walked out of the office, and was halfway down the hallway to the teacher's office before Shoto caught up with him.

After arguing a little bit, Izuku eventually agreed not to tell Shouta or Hizashi about what Shoto's experiencing, on the condition that Shoto confides in Izuku whenever he needs to - or wants to. Shoto was unsure whether he'd end up confiding in him or not, but he might end up doing so either way - he'd already been dragged into a sleepover with Izuku, so he doubted he'd get away with not saying anything...

Shoto shook his head, turning onto his side, trying to get to sleep. He trusted Izuku - he wouldn't tell anyone. But... he's also Izuku.

So Shoto was scared for Endeavour.

---TimeSkip---

"Shouta, look at them!"

"I know Hizashi."

"They're sleeping in the same room!"

"I know, Hizashi."

"They're practically boyfriends already!"

"HIZASHI-"

Izuku shifted in his bed, and Shouta and Hizashi froze in fear, not wanting to wake him up - because then they'd have to deal with a sleepy Izuku who in spite would wake up Shoto and Hitoshi and then they'd all suffer - but luckily Izuku just sighed softly, and turned back on his side, falling back asleep.

"Bed. Now." Shouta growled, dragging Hizashi away from Izuku and Shoto, not wanting to risk them waking up again. "You can fangirl about them in the morning."

"Ahh, we should help them out!"

"... What the hell are you talking about?"

"Don't lie and say you don't want to."

"... Alright, what's your plan?"

"Well..."

---TimeSkip---

"What are these for, Dad?" Izuku asked, as they all were sitting down and eating breakfast that morning.

"They're cinema tickets, and a bit of extra money. Why not show Shoto a little more of our town? You told me he doesn't get to go out very often." Shouta answered, as Shoto entered the room.

Izuku passed Shoto a bowl of cereal. "I mean I'd like to, but..." He glanced at Shoto, worried he wouldn't want to go with him. "What do you think, Shoto?"

"Sounds fun!" Shoto responded, digging into his cereal. "Wait-" Shoto paused, realising this could be considered a date between them two. His face flushed slightly, although he did his best to control it. "A - Are you sure you want to go, Zuku? If you do, then I will too."

"I... I'd like to go." Izuku muttered, having come to the same conclusion as Shoto. "I think it'd be... nice..." He turned his face away, trying to hide his blushing cheeks, and scampered away to his bedroom, dragging Hitoshi with him. "Let's head out in about an hour, okay?"

"Okay...?" Shoto muttered, watching Izuku and Hitoshi disappear. For a few moments he was silent, just watching the staircase as if it held the answers to life, before jumping up in shock, landing on his feet.

Shouta and Hizashi glanced at him, confused. "You okay, kid?" Shouta asked.

"I... I don't have anything to wear! I the clothes I planned to get changed into that I brought from home were just basic clothes - not clothes that I'd wear to a... umm..." Shoto trailed off. Shouta would've comforted the boy... if he wasn't backing away slowly from Hizashi's feral smile.

"That's my speciality! I'll see if I can find you something!" He screamed, before grabbing Shoto's arm and dragging him upstairs - similarly to how Izuku dragged around Hitoshi. For a brief moment, Shoto really pitied Hitoshi.

Left alone, Shouta turned back to the kitchen counter, and finished pouring food into Luna's bowl, placing it down on the floor, and scratching her under the chin when she appeared to eat.

"Looks like it's just you and me, huh?" He asked her fondly.

"Shouta!"

"Dad!"

"... Damnit."

Hiya! Sorry it's a bit of a smaller chapter than normal, I've had a lot of work to do and fell slightly behind. I'm so tired now, it's insane XD

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed reading it, and the pieces of TodoDeku in it! I have some things left to do before the time skip, so that'll be what the next few chapters will be focused on. I hope you're looking forward to it!

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊