Glass Heart - Chapter Seventeen

Izuku was pushed down onto the floor, a foot pressed into his back. As he struggled to lift his head, a hand gripped the hair on the back of his head, forcing him to loop upward with a small whimper.

"We'll give you one more chance, kid." The boy with his hand attached to Izuku's hair muttered threateningly.

A second kid roughly kicked the purple-haired boy and shouted: "What's your quirk? You're allowed to talk to answer this ONE question! And don't try any funny business!" He kicked the boy in the stomach a second time, and the boy hunched over on the floor.

"B - Brainwashing. It allows to - urgh!" He doubled over again, laying sideways on the floor as the third kid kicked him.

"We didn't ask you to go into specifics, just the name, you villain!"

"B - Brainwashing?" Izuku muttered, trying to ignore the painful tugging of his hair and the digging shoe in his back.

"Yes - you have one chance to admit you were wrong, and then we'll let you go. This kid is a villain!"

The boy tried to hide the tears on his face, but Izuku caught him sniffling and felt a surge of rage flood all his senses.

He had to keep calm.

"Y - Yes, I was wrong." He whispered, bile rising to his throat at every word he spoke. "He - he is a villain." Tears formed at the corners of his eyes at the pure pain in the boy's expression. But Izuku had to do this - he couldn't take on three massive kids, he was only nine years old! He had to get Shouta and Hizashi. And to do that... he had to be let go.

But he wasn't let go.

"Ha, finally you agree with us!" Izuku felt the foot recede from his back and the hand on his hair tightened, forcing him upright. The hand released him but then shoved against his back, forcing him forward. Izuku stumbled but remained on his feet.

"To prove you agree with us, kick him."

"W - what?" Izuku mumbled, eyes widening in fear.

"Kick him. Otherwise-" The boy grabbed Izuku's top and hauled him closer. "-we'll kick you."

Izuku's breath hitched in his throat. If he kicked this boy he'd be let go, and he could get Shouta and Hizashi... but to attack someone innocent - that's not what a hero does!

"N... No." Izuku whispered.

The hand clutching his shirt tightened. "What did you say to me?!"

The two other lackeys abandoned the boy and inched closer to Izuku, forming a tightly knit triangle. The purple-haired boy had to many injuries to escape and simply relaxed, watching the scene unfold, fear in his eyes.

"No! I wouldn't harm anyone. And this boy isn't a villain! I just said that so you'd let me go and I could get help, you cowards!" Izuku yelled, deciding that since he's going to be beaten up either way, he could tell the truth now and comfort the boy. "Brainwashing could be useful in hostage situations, or when needing a quick escape. It's such a flexible quirk that with some good martial art training, he could be a true hero."

Izuku looked over the shoulder of the third tall kid, and spotted the boy watching him with wide eyes, tears streaming from them. "I'm just sorry I lied in the first place, I never meant to hurt you!" He called over to the boy, who's eyes widened even further. Izuku turned his attention back towards the bullies. "I just needed to go and get help! My-" He hesitated to say parents. "-current guardians are pro heroes, and they wouldn't have any trouble stopping you three!"

"Oh yeah? You're bluffing, brat." The main lacky yelled, releasing, and shoving Izuku backwards to gain some space before moving in to punch Izuku. "If you know pro heroes personally, then where are they?!"

Izuku flinched, waiting for the hit.

It never came.

He slowly opened his eyes, as Shouta stood in front of him, blocking the punch, Hizashi behind him, blocking Izuku from the other two kids.

"We're right here." Shouta said, eyes darkened, and face shadowed.

These kids better run for their lives.

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Okay, so I know Izuku would never want to say any hurtful things to anyone, but I figured Izuku would prioritise saving another person over himself being disliked for what he said. Of course he got pushed too far when asked to physically harm Hitoshi.

I also tried to easily differentiate Hitoshi from the bullies by calling the bullies 'kids' and Hitoshi 'boy'. I don't know if that actually helped or not, but I tried XD

Written 3rd of January

I know it's a smaller chapter but if I got into Shouta and Hizashi protecting their boys then I'd probably write too much - and besides, I doubt the heroes would actually harm them - they're kids after all - so I'd have to skip time, and that would need an extra page or so and... I'm rambling lol.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chapter, and I'll see you all again soon!

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊