Glass Heart - Chapter Sixty-Seven

Izuku found it difficult to focus during class. Time continued on, and he eventually shoved Nezu's work back into his bag in a frustrated manner, knowing he wouldn't be able to focus on it until he knew what Shoto wanted to talk to him about. What if Shoto got in trouble with his father? What if his father found out he and Shoto were friends and got mad at him? What if... Shoto didn't want to see him again?

The bell suddenly rang, stopping Izuku's racing thoughts in its tracks. Izuku froze slightly, before sighing, and starting to pack the rest of his items away. He glanced over to Shoto, and saw he was rushing through packing his items away. Once he finished, he turned to Izuku, shooting him a warm smile.

"I'm going to go ahead, okay? You know where to meet me, right?"

Izuku nodded, Shoto's smile making his heart race. The warm smile and kind look in his eyes made Izuku's concerns slowly fade away. Maybe... this wasn't about something bad? He breathed in and out as Shoto left the room, trying to get control of his breathing.

Hitoshi and Katsuki glanced at each other, and then at Izuku.

"Izu, you shouldn't be so nervous." Hitoshi said, both him and Katsuki already knowing what this was about. He would joke around, but Izuku looked stressed out of his mind already, so Hitoshi just gave him a comforting smile. "I'm sure it'll all be fine."

"And if it's not then I'll beat that half-n-half up!" Katsuki yelled, knocking his fists together. Izuku felt glad that they both had his back but... part of him would never get over how friendly Katsuki is now.

Katsuki now on his mind, Izuku decided he needed a bit of time alone, and so he headed to the bathroom, getting calls of 'good luck' from both Hitoshi and Katsuki.

He entered the empty bathroom, and walked over to the sink, splashing water on his face. Too many separate thoughts rushed through his mind - he had to gain control of them. First things first - Katsuki.

Katsuki had really hurt him way back then. Sure, he hadn't done anything as bad as the other students - he never left orange spider lilies on his desk like the other students had done (why could nine year olds be so cruel?) - but he never stopped any of them, he never approached Izuku for a friendly reason once Izuku was revealed to be quirkless. Until now, anyway.

Part of Izuku honestly thought Katsuki only hung out with them because he found Hitoshi and Shoto interesting. The other part of him slapped him around the back of his brain. He had given Katsuki a chance - Katsuki had been working so hard to show Izuku that he had changed. He doesn't yet have to forgive Katsuki, but he should at the very least trust that he's trying to change.

Izuku sighed to himself, deciding he's thought enough about Katsuki for one day, and moved on to think about Shoto. His cheeks lit up again, and Izuku splashed more water on his face to calm himself down.

Shoto... what did he want to talk to him about? Hitoshi told him not to be so nervous... maybe it was something good that Shoto wanted to talk about? Izuku could only hope.

He paused, pulling out his phone and checking the time. Crap - he was late!

He sent a quick text to Shoto saying he was on his way and just had to stop in the bathroom, before sprinting out of the school building and towards the back of the field - their meeting spot. He felt cherry blossom petals gently touch his cheek as they flew in the wind, growing more in density as he got closer to the trees.

Izuku was happy Shoto wanted to ask Izuku to meet him there; the back of the field had a gorgeous spot where five or, so trees were cherry blossom trees, giving that area a romantic feel. Since he was going over there to see Shoto, he could see whether the trees would make a good spot to confess to him later on that week, or the next week.

Izuku slowed down to a walk, as he spotted Shoto standing by the trees, his back facing him. Izuku was still unsure why Shoto wanted to talk here, considering it was well known that this area of school was notorious for confessions... no, it couldn't be that. He had to focus, Shoto probably needed his help or something, he shouldn't daze out with wishes and dreams.

"S - Shoto?" Izuku asked softly as he approached. Shoto slowly turned around, cherry blossoms landing in his hair, and Izuku noticed he was holding a small box in his hands - the same box he had a while ago, when they both went to that cinema together. Izuku had completely forgotten about that box, but seeing it now, his curiosity intensified, and his cheeks heated up, remembering their almost-date together.

"Izuku." Shoto responded. There was no stammer in his voice, no hesitation. Shoto's confidence only caused Izuku to become more nervous, and his entire face slowly turned red - not being limited to just the cheeks. "This is for you."

He passed Izuku the box, and Izuku's eyes widened. "For... me?"

Shoto nodded and turned his head away slightly. Izuku noticed that his cheeks were red. As Izuku turned the box around to look at it before opening it, Shoto continued to speak. "I... Izuku, you're... you're amazing."

Izuku froze, glancing back up at Shoto. Was this... was this...?!

"Every moment I've spent with you, I've felt happy, I've felt free, and..." He took a deep breath in and out. "... I've felt loved."

Izuku's eyes widened. "Shoto...?"

"Izuku you have no idea how much you mean to me!" Shoto shouted, showing more emotion than Izuku had ever seen before. "All the time we've spent together has been amazing, but... I want more."

"M - More?!" Izuku didn't think his eyes could get any wider, his cheeks could get any redder, but apparently he was wrong.

"I want to date you, Izuku. Please go out with me. Please be my boyfriend!" Shoto bowed deeply, waiting for Izuku's response. Part of Izuku wanted to laugh slightly at the bowing, knowing it wasn't necessary, but the rest of him yelled at him to not do so, knowing that it's important to Shoto.

He gently opened the box and gasped lightly. He pulled the tissue paper away, and removed the pen, watching it sparkle in the sunlight. Focusing more on the pen and Shoto than on their surroundings, a small cherry blossom petal landed on his nose.

"Shoto, this is... amazing..." Izuku whispered, tears building in the corners of his eyes. Shoto stepped forward, releasing himself from the bowing. He stepped up to Izuku, and gently brushed the petal from Izuku's nose.

"What do you say, Izuku? Do you think we could date?" Shoto bluntly asked, staring down at Izuku's blushing face.

All Izuku saw in his eyes... was love.

"Is this a good answer?" He whispered, smiling, before stretching his arm over Shoto's shoulder, bringing Shoto closer to him, and kissing him softly on the lips.

And suddenly, his grey world exploded in colour.

It's finally happened! Almost 70 chapters in, and Izuku's finally dating Shoto - about fricking time XD

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed reading. There is one more thing I want to do before the time skip, I might make the chapter about that, with a small bit of TodoDeku thrown in throughout it, but the focus of the next chapter shouldn't be about them as much.

I've got a lot of stories to update today, so I should probably go, haha! I hope you enjoyed the slightly longer chapter and I'll see you all again soon!

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊