Glass Heart - Chapter Twenty-One

Call me Shouta, kid

Shouta turned off his phone and walked over to Hizashi.

They had planning to do.

---TimeSkip---

As Hitoshi and Izuku sat down to eat, Hitoshi carefully approached a sensitive subject for them both.

"Izuku... you said earlier that I'm one of your only friends."

Izuku paused, his hand tightening on the cutlery in his hand. He vaguely remembered mentioning that he didn't have any friends as a way to comfort Hitoshi when they were in the cat room... he didn't think Hitoshi remembered though.

"Umm, yeah, I don't really have many friends... or any at all, besides you." As Izuku looked away, feeling embarrassed, Hitoshi felt a surge of rage flood through him.

"What do you mean? You're so kind and friendly - why wouldn't anyone want to be friends with you?" He said, confused. He figured lifting Izuku's confidence with his compliments - his true compliments - would be the best course of action, but as he spoke, Izuku continued to curl into himself.

"I... I..." Izuku took a deep breath in and out. Hitoshi was different. They were on first name basis, they had given each other nicknames, he had experienced similar prejudice.

He wouldn't be like the others.

"I'm quirkless."

And it suddenly all clicks into place.

"O - oh." Hitoshi gasped, realisation flooding all his senses, before a dark expression coated his face. Izuku flinched away from it, wrongly assuming the worst.

Hitoshi sighed, upset. "Society is fucked up. School is fucked up. Thank God we're in summer holidays right now."

Izuku gasped, partially from happiness that Hitoshi was on his side, and partially from shock that a 9-year old would use such crude language.

"Hito!" Izuku exclaimed, small tears yet again beginning to form. Speechless, Izuku just stared at him in awe for a few moments before Hitoshi broke the silence.

"Much as I'm enjoying finding you speechless for once, maybe we should eat before the food gets cold."

Izuku jumped and nodded, an embarrassed smile on his face, before digging into his food with gusto. Hitoshi smiled at his first friend enjoying the food, glad he could treat Izuku, before realising his own food was getting cold, and quickly joining in Izuku's binge.

---TimeSkip---

"That was really fun Hitoshi!" Izuku said, smiling, as they walked down the street to Izuku's house. "I texted Shouta earlier, would you wanna stay for dinner?"

Hitoshi paused. "Dinner?"

"Yeah! Would you like to join us?"

Hitoshi froze, confusion evident on his face. "I... I can have dinner? At your... house?"

"... Hitoshi?" Izuku reached over to touch his shoulder, but paused before he actually made contact, remembering how sometimes people don't like that. Izuku glanced down his street - Shouta's house was only a minute away.

"Hey, hey, you're okay Hito." Izuku tried to comfort him, while sending a text to Shouta, asking for his assistance. Shouta sent a reply saying he was on his way, and after a really stressful minute, he arrived.

"Hey, Shinsou." He said sternly. "Breathe deeply: in and out."

Once he was confident Hitoshi was listening to him and breathing in and out, he continued. "Alright, you're doing great. Tell me five things you can feel."

"G... Ground." Hitoshi muttered. He pressed the palms of his hands together. "H - Hands... Air... Cold..." As he said the word 'cold', he shivered. "Jacket." He placed his hands onto his jacket.

Shouta worked Hitoshi through a few more exercises, each one calming Hitoshi down further. Once Hitoshi was calm, Shouta gave him a hug.

"Hey kid, you're okay."

Once those words left Shouta's lips, Hitoshi broke. He clung to Shouta's back and cried, burying his head in Shouta's neck. Shouta patted Hitoshi's head comfortingly, using his other arm to support Hitoshi as he stood, beckoning Izuku to follow, as they walked back home.

While it was never brought up again by him, Hitoshi would never forget that day, and the positive impact the kindness of another, the kindness from a stranger, could have on another person.

He would never forget how Izuku Midoriya and Shouta Aizawa changed his life.

Hi everyone! I didn't get much writing done today, but I wrote something so THERE XD

Honestly, I almost wasn't able to write the chapter today - its 7:30pm rn and I normally go to bed around 8 or 8:30 so WOW, haha. It's not like I had much school work either, I've just been busy on discord. (written 6th January)

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chapter! The next one should be about training, as well as a short time skip probably? Maybe it'll take place a week or so after this chapter was set? Not entirely sure yet haha, I'm already wildly off plan XD

See you guys again soon!!

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊