Glass Heart - Chapter Seventy-Six

Izuku sighed, stretching his arms. Mei had finally left him alone. Melissa had helped a lot with keeping Mei, by becoming her new 'rival', although Melissa didn't really view them as rivals, and more so like friends. Keeping an eye on them while he worked, he altered and adjusted everyone's costumes, planning to go talk to the students one on one about them as Deku before passing it along to Majima.

As he sketched, not realising the lunch bell had sounded, everyone besides Mei and Melissa left to have lunch. Mei and Melissa for a while ate and chatted, before realising Izuku hadn't yet moved from his spot - not even to get something to eat. The two of them glanced at each other and walked up to Izuku's desk.

"Hey, Aizawa?" Melissa asked, placing her hand gently down on his desk to catch his attention. He jumped slightly, moving his papers so neither of them could see. Mei's eyes narrowed, but Melissa elbowed her, turning back to Izuku. "The lunch bell rang a few minutes ago - are you not going to grab something to eat?"

"Oh!" Izuku's eyes widened slightly in surprise. "I guess so. Hitoshi has my food though - it's not safe to leave food out in the open with all these supplies, so Dad has it, and will pass it to Hitoshi to give to me."

As if on que, Hitoshi, Shoto, Katsuki, Kirishima, Mina, Kaminari, Jirou, Ochako and Iida all entered the room and looked at Izuku all at once, making Izuku unconsciously take a step back, bumping into Mei. "Ah, sorry..." He muttered, glancing quickly to her to make sure she was okay before glancing back at Hitoshi. "Why are almost half your class here?" He asked Hitoshi, a slight eyebrow raised.

Hitoshi sighed in return. "They followed me here..." He grumbled, passing Izuku his bento. Izuku took it gratefully and sat back down at his desk. Hitoshi sat one side of him, and Shoto sat the other side. When Shoto approached, Izuku leaned his head on his shoulder, softly kissing his cheek.

"I missed you, Sho..." Izuku whispered, catching the attention of the other students. Izuku froze slightly, before calming down. "We're gay." He plainly said, turning to the students while he said it, before laying his head back down on Shoto's shoulder.

Ochako and Melissa squealed with the news, Melissa already being attached to Izuku and was happy he was in a loving relationship, with Ochako not knowing either of the students very well but feeling giddy from the cuteness.

Izuku glanced at the other children as he ate, trying not to draw too much attention to himself. Eventually the other students got out their food - Ochako and Iida heading to the cafeteria to get food from Lunch Rush before returning - and began to eat as well. Izuku saw Kaminari and Jirou laughing and flirting with one another, both faces red, and frowned. He couldn't just stand by - he had to tell Hitoshi.

"Hitoshi, can I talk to you quickly?" Izuku asked, glancing at Hitoshi seriously. Hitoshi's confused expression turned to one of determination and concern when he saw how serious Izuku looked and nodded, allowing Izuku to lead them away.

Izuku led them into one of the testing rooms of the support course section of the school - during lunch not many people would be assessing their designs and creations, so it had a lot of privacy to it.

"Hitoshi, I can tell you have a crush on Kaminari."

"W - What? I... I don't..." Hitoshi's feeble excuses slowed down as Izuku simply raised his eyebrow, and Hitoshi sighed. "Fine. Yes, I have a crush on Kaminari. Why?" He braced himself for mockery and teasing from Izuku as payback for all his teasing about Izuku and Shoto...

... but what he was told was so much worse.

"I'm certain he's either dating, or has a mutual crush, on Jirou."

"H - He's straight?!" Hitoshi whispered, tears filling his eyes. He knew better than to disbelieve Izuku's analysis - even though he really, really wanted to.

"Or bi! Or something else, you shouldn't assume he's straight, Hitoshi." Izuku replied, before sighing again. "Unfortunately though, no matter which way Kaminari swings, I honestly don't believe you will end up dating him." Izuku winced, his words said much harsher than he intended them to be. "Hitoshi, I-"

Hitoshi smiled, turning away. "Don't worry Izuku, I'm okay. I know I should really give up on Kaminari - and I mean, I just met him! So it shouldn't be too hard..." He shivered slightly, rubbing at his arms, before turning away from Izuku and heading back to the cafeteria.

Izuku stayed there for a few minutes, enjoying the peace and quiet the area brought. He felt awful. If he could, he'd obviously wish Hitoshi- no. He shouldn't wish for Hitoshi to be with Kaminari. Then Jirou would be upset, and Kaminari - whom Izuku had no idea of his romantic preference - might be confused and worried.

No, he couldn't wish Hitoshi could be with Kaminari. Izuku sighed, sitting down on the floor, and leaning his head against the wall.

He couldn't wish Hitoshi could be with Kaminari, but...

He wished Hitoshi could be in a happy relationship, where he and his partner could be happy with themselves, with each other, and with their life as a whole.

He sighed, closing his eyes.

He wished Hitoshi the best. Always.

---TimeSkip---

Hitoshi stumbled back into the cafeteria, a mixture of emotions. Kaminari... and Jirou? He glanced at them, pain in his eyes as he saw what must've been obvious to everyone else, and turned away to head to his seat, shutting his eyes tight and tried to force the tears away.

"Are you... are you okay?" A voice asked.

Hitoshi turned back around. "Y - Yeah, I... I'm fine..." He wiped at his eyes, and opened them, glancing at the girl before him. "Hi, I - I don't think I properly introduced myself. I'm Hitoshi Aizawa, Izuku's brother."

The girl smiled.

"It's nice to meet you! I'm Melissa Shield, I hope we can get along!"

Melissa Shield?

Hi guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Yes, you can probably tell the ship now - if it wasn't obvious already XD

This story has been getting so much support lately - thank you all so, so much!!! Your support - as always - means so much to me.

Have a great day everyone! I'll see you all tomorrow.

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊