Glass Heart - Chapter Seventy-Four

"So when I called to him, Papa Zashi was so shocked he stumbled back and stepped on Luna's tail! She..." Hitoshi laughed as he told Shoto the story of how Hizashi got badly scratched by Luna as they walked along the UA hallways. Luckily they were both in the same class - class 1A - so they didn't have to separate.

Katsuki was also in their class but had gone on ahead - hours ahead - saying something about wanting to be 'the first person in their year to step foot in UA' or something like that. Hitoshi had learned to just roll with Katsuki's need to feel like he was better than everyone else at this point.

Izuku had also gone on ahead, saying publicly he was heading to his own room, but Hitoshi and Shoto knew where he was actually going - considering Izuku told him he and Shouta were class 1A's homeroom teachers.

Hitoshi paused at the door to class 1A, feeling it scale over him. Suddenly worries and concerns flooded his mind - could he do this? What if it was like before, in his old schools? He couldn't hide his quirk at UA, he needed it for his heroics. UA was supposed to be free of discrimination, but... so was society. Would things really be okay here?

"Hey." Shoto muttered, planting a hand on Hitoshi's shoulder in comfort. "Calm down. I know your quirk scares you, but you've got me and... I guess Katsuki too. You're not going to be alone, okay?"

Hitoshi shakily nodded, and Shoto smiled slightly, one he rarely gave out to anyone except Izuku, trying to cheer Hitoshi up. "Izuku told me you're looking for a boyfriend right? Maybe we should see if there are any good options here, hmm?" He wiggled his eyebrows, deliberately trying to make Hitoshi laugh, which worked instantly.

"N - No, Shoto, don't-" Hitoshi clutched at his sides as he laughed, laughing so hard he started to cry. After a few seconds he calmed down, and wiped his tears away, his eyes still sparkling, although Shoto couldn't tell whether it was from the tears, or whether he was now excited to meet his classmates.

Hitoshi slowly opened the door and stepped inside, shooting a glance to Shoto for some small comfort, before he slowly inched towards his desk, sighing with relief when he realised it was behind Katsuki... did he say relief?

Hitoshi paused slightly, thinking about it. He realised he did trust Katsuki, even if he was a bit loud, and boisterous, and annoying, and... well, what Katsuki was didn't matter. If he really spent some time continuing the list, he'd miss homeroom.

Speaking of, he should probably greet his classmates.

He turned to look at them all, paying slightly more attention to the guys than the girls. A spark of yellow hair caught his attention and he turned, his face flushing-

"It's you! The boy who saved me in the exam!" Ochako greeted Hitoshi warmly, dragging his attention away from the blonde-haired boy that was now lost in the crowd of other 1A students. He sighed, and greeted Ochako with a small smile.

"Hi, how are-"

"If you're here just to chat, then you should leave." Shouta said, rolling into the UA classroom in his sleeping bag. Hitoshi had to suppress a large snort, and shakily made his way back to his seat before he lost it completely.

"I'm your homeroom teacher, Shouta Aizawa - the hero Eraserhead." He paused, and Deku entered the room with a small wave. "And this is my assistant Deku."

"You mean joint homeroom teacher?" Deku responded with a wide grin, which was hidden behind his voice changer mask. "I'm pretty sure Nezu said-"

"Shut it."

"Okay!" Izuku spun on his heels and turned back to face class 1A, really wanting to smile at them, but knowing he couldn't take his mask off. "I'm the Pro Hero Deku! It's nice to meet you all!" He paused, as the students talked to one another, recognising him as the popular hero. He then sighed, noticing Shouta's growing irritation. "How about we all introduce ourselves, and then head down to the training grounds."

The students' heads perked up in confusion, raising their hands, and Izuku didn't even bother answering them. "I know we're supposed to be going to orientation, but Eraserhead and I agree that we should use today to get a rough estimate of your quirks. So," He clapped his hands together, catching their full attention. "Starting from over there," He pointed to the front left desk, "To over there," He pointed to the back right desk, "Everyone will list their full name, your quirk, a hobby and something you like."

One by one, students stood up and introduced themselves, and eventually that boy that caught Hitoshi's attention stood. Hitoshi flushed slightly and paid slightly more attention to his words. Shoto - who was watching him to see if any of the boys in the class caught his interest, lifted his eyebrow slightly, his mouth curling into a slight grin.

"My name is Denki Kaminari" Kaminari said with a grin. "My quirk is Electrification, I can shoot bolts of electricity ranging at different voltage levels from my body, but if I shoot too much then I fry my brain and become dumbed down." He lifted his hand to the back of his head and ruffled his hair sheepishly. "Uhh, I like milkshakes and... I like playing video games and listening to music in my spare time." As he said the last line, he shifted in his seat and fondly smiled at the girl sitting next to him, who smiled in return, a light blush on their cheeks.

Deku, who had been watching Hitoshi stare at Kaminari for a long time and was smiling at how goofy Hitoshi was being, felt the smile drop off his face.

This wasn't going to end well.

Hi everyone!

Sorry for not updating yesterday, I wanted to make sure the first chapter on them entering UA was written well, and I was really tired last night, so I was worried it wouldn't be any good.

Yep - you've probably figured it out. I do like Hitoshi and Kaminari, but... I also really like Jirou and Kaminari. So I guess this is the compromise you're getting! I do have plans for Hitoshi to date someone, and again I already have this person picked out, but... it's not Kaminari.

Anyways, the quirk assessment test will be next I think, so look forward to that!

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊