Glass Heart - Chapter Thirty-Six

Hitoshi groaned in exasperation, with his head face down on the spare desk in the corner of the classroom. He then sighed and lifted his head, continuing to watch Izuku write frantically on page after page.

"Izuku, it isn't the end of the world... it's just a test..."

"It's not just a test!" Izuku shouted back, pen flying across the paper. "This is my first lesson ever here - Nezu wanted to see my abilities! If I mess up..."

"You won't mess up." Hitoshi sighed.

"You don't know that!!"

"... yes I do."

"How?"

"Because you've already ran out of paper."

Izuku looked down to the desk and realised that for the last 30 seconds he's been scribbling on one of the desks. He shrieked, and quickly ran to the teacher's desk to grab more paper.

"Okay, I've already finished the English questions, next is math and science, after that some analysis..." Izuku muttered to himself. He's always found other languages interesting, so the English questions were easy. "After analysis, hero ethics... that should be fun..."

Motivated to get to the hero ethics questions, Izuku ploughed through the math and science questions. He paused at the analysis, wanting to write more than he should.

"How about you move on to the hero ethics and once you've finished that, if you have time, you can go back to the analysis?" Hitoshi offered, noting that there was only half an hour left - two whole hours had already gone by. Izuku sighed, but nodded regretfully at Hitoshi's smart suggestion, and put his analysis papers aside, before moving onto ethics.

He could do this.

---TimeSkip---

As Hitoshi and Izuku walked home after Izuku's test, Izuku practically dragged Hitoshi into the park ("Because it's quicker!" Izuku had said), and he eagerly scanned every bench they passed.

And right at the exit of the park - the second to last bench...

Was Shoto Todoroki.

Suddenly the tables had turned, and Hitoshi found himself dragging Izuku out of the park, as Izuku no longer remembered how to move his feet. Shoto glanced up, and Izuku's face flushed bright red, as he waved his free hand at Shoto with a large goofy grin on his face, which Shoto returned - an amused and slightly confused expression on his own.

"He waved at me!" Izuku breathed, as he and Hitoshi finally escaped the park's clutches.

"You're friends... of course he'd wave at you?" Hitoshi replied, eyebrow raised and smirking slightly in amusement.

"I... I..." Izuku hid his red face in his hands. "I don't know!!" He then sighed, changing his voice to a whisper. "I'd offer to spend time with him, but... I have to go on patrol in thirty minutes - barely enough time to go home and get changed..."

"Well, why not visit him while on patrol?"

"... What? But then he'd know that I'm...?"

"He clearly doesn't get out much... you could say you regularly visit other people in their homes and probably wouldn't get caught..." Hitoshi muttered.

Izuku shook his head. "No! I - I don't wanna lie to Shoto!"

"... To Shoto?"

"I - I mean to Todoroki!" Izuku's voice had raised back up to a shout, and he crouched down on the floor, hands clutching the sides of his head, embarrassed. He stood back up, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly. "A - Anyway, I shouldn't go there without a serious reason... even if I really want to..."

"So you admit it, huh?" Hitoshi playfully dug his elbow into Izuku's side.

"H - Hey!"

Suddenly Izuku's cell phone rang, stopping their fun conversation. "Oh, it's dad. Hold on, Hito." Izuku turned away from Hitoshi and put his phone to his ear. "Hi, dad. Yeah. Yeah, we're on our way. Thanks. Okay. Love you too. Bye!"

He turned off his phone and turned to Hitoshi. "We better hurry, otherwise I might start my patrol late!"

"Yeah, you better hurry or you might not be able to see your peppermint boyfriend!" Hitoshi winked, making Izuku flush again.

"H - HITOSHIIIIII!"

New chapter! I hope you enjoy reading it.

Sorry to people who aren't TodoDeku fans, but this chapter - and next chapter - are gonna be focused on it, as I need to build their character development together XD

Don't worry though, I'll get back to the main plot soon :D

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊